Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

julyjane wrote: »
    David is about 40 is he not? Suzanne is 29 or 30. There are plenty of couples with similar or bigger age gaps

I think he or Esther said he was about 50 or born in the 1950s not sure which and I'd say Suzanne is in her 20s quite a big age gap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dave Justice

With respect, Dave, why do you watch it?
    Seriously.
    I don't watch fair city and never said I did. But its very hard to avoid it when it is on 4 nights a week on RTE one, the national broadcaster, its on the front of the rte guide every second week and talked about in every other paper to get them some sales. My parents watch it and my computer is in the living room so when it is on, its on in the tv in the corner. I don't take any notice of it really but the storylines are so easy the follow you can nearly predict what is going to happen. Its a terrible drama series, thats not just my opinoin, its a fact. There are alot better drama series out there but rte put them on after 12 so you can't see them. I have the right to express my opinion as anyone else and if I had a choice I would never watah fair city at all but the coverage rte give it coz its rte's flagship drama ( that show you alot about rte ) its impossible to avoid this crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Its a terrible drama series, thats not just my opinoin, its a fact.

No, it's your opinion.....
    I have the right to express my opinion as anyone else

See....

Why do you watch it if you hate it so much? Just change the friggen channel!
    I don't hate anything, in that comment, I made the point that in my opinion fair city is utter garage, I gave one of the reasons of many that I think that and even gave 4 examples. Seeing as we are paying me included in licence fee money, the only home grown drama series/soap opera on rte is this mud, I have every right to complain. I shouldnt have to switch the channal when my money goes towards it. But of course rte have to keep the penioners happy. Rte one is a penioners channal afterall. There is nothing on rte for the 18-40 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

@dave go send a mail of complaint to RTE so! you are complaining to the wrong people! why don't you go start an anti-fair city thread or something!

@everyone else... very judgmental lot you are! suzanne is in her early 30s (she is at least 30) and david is circa 50. whats the big friggin deal? he doesn't look ancient. you wouldn't look at them and go ahhhh gawwwwwd he's OLD!

• Advertisement

Shakyfan wrote: »
    No, it's your opinion.....

See....
    See what exactly

@dave go send a mail of complaint to RTE so! you are complaining to the wrong people! why don't you go start an anti-fair city thread or something!

@everyone else... very judgmental lot you are! suzanne is in her early 30s (she is at least 30) and david is circa 50. whats the big friggin deal? he doesn't look ancient. you wouldn't look at them and go ahhhh gawwwwwd he's OLD!
    Good idea, I think I will do that, wrong people? if you look on this thread, there are lots of other people reading negative comments on fair city, not just me. But because I am honest and saying it as it is based on what I see with my two eyes, I get targeted. People are so emotionly involved in this show, they can't see how crap it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

Good idea, I think I will do that, wrong people? if you look on this thread, there are lots of other people reading negative comments on fair city, not just me. But because I am honest and saying it as it is based on what I see with my two eyes, I get targeted. People are so emotionly involved in this show, they can't see how crap it is.

Some programmes I enjoy and others dislike, some programmes others enjoy and I dislike, that is the nature of broadcasting! You dislike Fair City, I on the other hand enjoy it immensely. If you do need to be in the same room when it's on then I suggest you buy an inexpensive set of ear plugs and use those for the 30minutes. While you are doing that, I will be turning the volume up on my T.V.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

To be honest Dave I'd have no problem with you setting up a thread to highlight the difficiencies of Fair City. In fact I might contribute to it. however this thread is set up and contributed to by fans of the show and following the storyline from episode to episode.

Speaking of which will Jo leave Dermot? he'll never forgive her and may well be better off without her...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

why don't you go start an anti-fair city thread or something!

I thought this was an anti-Fair City thread? :confused:;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

Just a word to Dave Justice. You dislike Fair City. You are entitled to that opinion. The point has been made now. As you dislike it your comments will be predictable here on this board -they will be negative and anti Fair City in nature. There was a poster here called Angel01 who seems no longer interested in this thread as she has not posted here since it became extremely obvious that she disliked the mere hint of someone not liking her favourite show. Her comments were generally positive in nature. They were mostly praising Fair City. You both are the extreme ends of the scale. Extremely positive mostly and extremely negative as is in your case. What points can you offer which would be termed constructive criticism of the show? What improvements could you suggest and what can you add to this discussion of a show which all posters here wish to discuss and share views. If you have nothing to add except a reiteration of your dislike of the show then I will personally simply ignore your posts. Other posters here are here to discuss what ever they wish to discuss and that is the beauty of freedom of speech. It is not biased and is mostly entertaining and interesting. Are you going to be the exception or join in the discussion? You may wish to repeat your constant mantra of disliking the show but after a while that becomes boring for everyone.

Don't be biased on this thread or an anti on this thread just for the sake of it.
    You are welcome to make interesting suggestions, entertaining interpretations of the show, inform, debate, discuss characters and plots. Storylines you like/dislike. Actors you like/dislike. Give reasons and make a contribution to the thread that does not intend to irritate the other people who post here. Keep in mind that other people want to discuss the show and that they welcome suggestions which could improve the show. Don't be afraid to highlight what you would like to see happen and offer lots of possible storylines which you feel could make Fair City better. Offer reasons for your dislike of a story line and what should or could be done to make the show more enjoyable to watch. Don't just say it is a load of rubbish or Wow! it is just fantastic without supporting your opinion with reasons. That is what I believe this thread is for anyway. Oh and if you offer praise please back up your praise with reasons why you are impressed. Make the most of your post - is my mantra. Thanks for reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Why do people think the writers/producers are showing off what David can do?

Because they are. To be honest, I didn't see it at first until after it was pointed out on this thread. But they DEFINATELY go out of their way to show him doing things, holding things and amounts of things that some people might wonder would he be able to hold. His props are DEFINATELY very different to all the other charachters in many scenes!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

So...they have overdone the disability thing....it is better than ignoring it alogether...I do however get the point from another poster who said that a person with a disability might find it patronising...I work with people with disabilities and we go around socially without feeling the need to prove abilities all the time...
    I find David's lips more annoying than his arms....:(

I'm sorry to read Agel101 has left here :( Please come back Angel...

Why do people think the writers/producers are showing off what David can do?

When was the last time you saw people in Fair City drinking Martini's before their dinner?? ;)

The only time I ever saw people drinking Martini's in an Irish soap was when Dick Moran was gallivanting around the place with Terry Kileen and they were a different class of people altogether :D

starryeye wrote: »
    Has Tommy got a split personality? Is it really cabbages and spuds he plants in his beloved vegetable plot?

I reckon he might be getting tips in how to bury things from his mate Bob Charles, AKA Trevor Jordache, who himself was buried under a patio........

I reckon he might be getting tips in how to bury things from his mate Bob Charles, AKA Trevor Jordache, who himself was buried under a patio........
    ...:D

I'm sorry to read Agel101 has left here :( Please come back Angel...

No. That was just somebody completely jumping the gun!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,481 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

starryeye - I don't know what you have against angel01, but I'm not going to allow you to maintain whatever vendetta you have against her in this forum any longer. She hasn't been on this thread for quite a while now, yet you still keep posting this crap.

Post one more comment about her, and you'll be taking a break from this forum.

• Advertisement

Oh, and by the way, editing your post doesn't hide anything from us.
    Mods can see all versions of all your posts (before and after all your edits).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Seems that starryeye is getting an unfair crack at the whip here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

starryeye wrote: »
    Starryeye no longer exists. Welcome back Angel01 and all your lovey dovey opinions on your favourite Fair City.

No offence to Starryeye but as I said before on this thread Fair City comes in for allot of undue criticism for a soap. While other soap threads do have some comments on acting, storyline and production it is nothing like what comes across on the Fair City thread. I do think there are major issues with Fair City but I also feel that similar issues are clear as day on other soaps, yet the vitriol always remains with Fair City.

I don't mean to come across as unfair - I'm just acting on reported posts and how it seems to me from the outside looking in. The only interaction I've had with this thread over the last few months has been with reported posts around the angel01/starryeye debacle.

I just want to draw a line under it and move on, and I hope everyone else will do the same thing.

Mr E wrote: »
    I don't mean to come across as unfair - I'm just acting on reported posts and how it seems to me from the outside looking in. The only interaction I've had with this thread over the last few months has been with reported posts around the angel01/starryeye debacle.

I just want to draw a line under it and move on, and I hope everyone else will do the same thing.

Don't worry Mr. E. Starryeye was the cause of the bullying and as a result Starryeye is now gone. That is fair to everyone. Angel deserves to be apart of this board as I deprived her of her right and made her feel unwelcome here. She will not be intimidated anymore. Enjoy the thread everyone.

Both of you can post here, starryeye.... why do you feel you need to leave? If you stay out of each other's way, everything will be fine. :)

When Fair City is extremely boring as it is right now, it's great that we can have our own more entertaining soap opera here! :D

Laois_Man wrote: »
    When Fair City is extremely boring as it is right now, it's great that we can have our own more entertaining soap opera here! :D

I am glad that you were entertained. Fortunately, I think the matter is over now. Everyone has moved on and I am moving on too. Enjoy the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Starryeye is starting to remind me of a sulky teenager threatening to run away from home. 'i'm gone!' *slams door* . . . *skulks back in to get a tenner from dad* 'i'm gone again!' *slams door* *skulks back home an hour later when they realise they've nowhere to go!*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Dermot kicks Jo to the herb soon he deserves much better

I say Judith had dealt with Tommy's being unfaithful before

No one should leave the thread all posts are welcome whether negative or postive just pick on the soap not the posters ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement