Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

Its impossible to get sick of leo!! He is the best character IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

MaryCat! wrote: »
    Its impossible to get sick of leo!! He is the best character IMO

I dont know, i fell asleep watching it earlier, Dermots dead bodies woke me up. :pac:

That was funny, all that awkward fostering stuff. Dermot is great at comedy, they should give him more. The characters disappearing for weeks thing is the most irritating thing about the show, it doesnt happen in other soaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

Epicurus wrote: »
    This honeymoon Leo is organising for Paul and Niamh; I hope it'll be the longest honeymoon ever. I'm sick of the lot of them at this stage.

It's like Paul and Niamh OVER KILL!:mad:........... Tonite its Paul n Niamh, then Niamh n Paul. Oh look it's Paul n Leo, then Niamh n Dean, then Paul n Leo, Niamh n Leo, Paul n Leo, Niamh n Cass, Paul n Cass, Paul n Dougie, Paul n Keith, Paul n Dougie's Da, then Paul, Niamh n Cass, Paul n Leo, Niamh n Leo, and just incase you missed it finished off with a nice helping of PAUL AND NIAMH!!!! ENOUGHT!!!! Their really not that f**king interesting!!!!:mad:...... Oh did I mention that Paul n Niamh were in tonite's show:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

SOUTH PAW wrote: »
    It's like Paul and Niamh OVER KILL!:mad:........... Tonite its Paul n Niamh, then Niamh n Paul. Oh look it's Paul n Leo, then Niamh n Dean, then Paul n Leo, Niamh n Leo, Paul n Leo, Niamh n Cass, Paul n Cass, Paul n Dougie, Paul n Keith, Paul n Dougie's Da, then Paul, Niamh n Cass, Paul n Leo, Niamh n Leo, and just incase you missed it finished off with a nice helping of PAUL AND NIAMH!!!! ENOUGHT!!!! Their really not that f**king interesting!!!!:mad:...... Oh did I mention that Paul n Niamh were in tonite's show:rolleyes:

They are very overused.

Dermot was very funny. I adore him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Please tell him Niamh and Dean are not going to hook up - i kinda have the feeling they might i so want to be wrong

I'm hating Cass more and more - when is he gone?

I have just watched Fair City again on RTE player, when dermot starts singing about Jo getting arrested, it still makes me laugh without fail every time :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 menta

It's basically the Paul and Niamh Show, guest starring a few Dubs who can't act.

menta wrote: »
    It's basically the Paul and Niamh Show, guest starring a few Dubs who can't act.

I think to be honest Leo has a starring role :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

SOUTH PAW wrote: »

I really love Fair City but I would have to agree with you SOUTH PAW. I'm finding it increasing hard to watch it as of late with the constant over use of Paul and Niamh, they are just too depressing. Sad to say I switched over the other night between their over use, constant moaning and arguing and that whole non-story rubbish community center thing??, I really did have , as you said, "ENOUGH". Wish they would bring back Tracey and Carol, Ray and Keith, Bob etc......

• Advertisement

menta wrote: »

Rubbish!

Just of the top of my head...

Rachel Sarah Murphy (Jo)
    Andrew Macklin( Troy)
    Michael Sheehan (Dean)
    Sam Corry (Robert)

are not from Dublin. I'm sure there are more

*could be wrong

Edit: Have checked the above and I am correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Tracey, Carol, Dean, Troy, Robert, Damien, Suzanne, Doug, Ray, Keith, Bob, Dermot, Barry.... Not many weak links there.

There's still one or two actors who let the whole show down, and some of the characters are deadly dull, but "a few Dubs who can't act" is wrong on both counts.

gogglebok wrote: »
    Tracey, Carol, Dean, Troy, Robert, Damien, Suzanne, Doug, Ray, Keith, Bob, Dermot, Barry.... Not many weak links there.

There's still one or two actors who let the whole show down, and some of the characters are deadly dull, but "a few Dubs who can't act" is wrong on both counts.

The quality of those actors you mentioned is very high, especially for soap. They are definately the best ones, id include dolores as well, and rachel, pauls little daughter. Shes the best child actor on he show.
    The standard of acting is one thing that has improved over the past year or so.
    Before we had, Jimmy:eek: Ken:eek::eek:(its says in that article, hes 'taking a break' from the show, god i hope its a permanent one!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

This is what happens in soaps, characters drift in and out, it won't be long more till naimh & paul will be gone & hopefully Cass for good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

The quality of those actors you mentioned is very high, especially for soap. They are definately the best ones, id include dolores as well, and rachel, pauls little daughter. Shes the best child actor on he show.

Completely agree. She had me close to tears with some of the stuff around her mother's death. I would rate her brother Sean very highly too.
    Before we had, Jimmy:eek: Ken:eek::eek:(its says in that article, hes 'taking a break' from the show, god i hope its a permanent one!)

I second your :eek:, and add a :D.

Originally Posted by MaryCat! viewpost.gif
    gogglebok wrote: »
    Completely agree. She had me close to tears with some of the stuff around her mother's death. I would rate her brother Sean very highly too.

I'm confused :confused:. I know Paul has had his share of women but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

"Yer like bleeding Fagin!"

"Move that stuff!"

I've a bad back."

"You'll have a sore front if you don't move it." :D Did anyone else laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

:eek: A crying child picture! Defintely scope to bring Turlough back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

eric guy , has to be the worst actor ever!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Is Eric your man Michael from 'How Low can you go' ?
    I didn't get his surname from the closing credits but his first name was Michael alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

what was the point in the couple kissing each other in the backround in the hungry pig the other day, it looked ridiculous, I guess the couple doing it had to do a few takes!!

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Oasis44

I have watched Fair City for years but have tuned out recently and it has everything to do with Cass, the monotone Physio and the non-existent story lines. Really this is the worst I can remember the show being in years (and thats saying something).

I used to HATE cass, but he is growing on me a teeny weeny bit. I nearly wet myself when he came out of the house with the bag of charity clothes - and I love Robert the physio

but I do agree the storylines at the moment are absolutely horrendous, not one good one between the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Was there an earthquake in Carrigstown cos last night there was a scene where they were in the charity shop and Keith had his back to the open door - the 'houses' outside were swaying from side to side :D

tk123 wrote: »
    Was there an earthquake in Carrigstown cos last night there was a scene where they were in the charity shop and Keith had his back to the open door - the 'houses' outside were swaying from side to side :D

LOL!! Really?
    Where was it? I looked back online and cant find where it is!
    I really liked last night! Keith and Ray were hilarious "Get to the Batmobile Robin!" ROTFL!!!:D
    Jo was gas as well! 1st, when she sees the book 1st time and then when she said "Dermot and I have lots of perfectly tasteful books!!"

I love the scenes with Leo and Dean! Its like a classic straight man, funny man duo!!

I really like Doug as well. Whats with Cleos face pulling? When she saw the "sex" book, it looked like she had drank sour milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

LOL!! Really?
    Where was it? I looked back online and cant find where it is!

It's at 13:50 :pac:

trying to find it on rte.ie faircity and cant how far into the show?

LOL!!! Oh yeah!! Although, it a reflection, and the movement might just be the door swinging

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 mainyday

nellie07 wrote: »
    Get Cass out, Get Cass out

What's the matter with people, Cass is great,
    I love Cass, he stirs that boring lot up no end. I really enjoyed it when he threw a punch at Malachy.
    I agree with the posts about Malachy becoming a grumpy old man, he used to be so positive and caring, so what's happened to him?
    Joe reminds me of Miss Piggy, I don't know Dermot puts up with her.
    I'd love to see Cass move in with Doloras, that would make Malachy sick with jealousy.
    Susanne is such a pain, she's always moaning. I think Bella is even getting fed up with her.
    Paul's daughter is making her mark, she's a good little actor. We need a bit of excitement though. Come on writers, shake it up a bit.:pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement