Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

MaryCat! wrote: »
    Didnt she go to "Africa" after Ringo?

Yeah thats what I thought, cheers.

I am bored of Sarah and her pratty attitude where she feels she is better that anyone else. I wish Dermot was back in it lately. He makes me laugh.

Where is Doug's mate gone that he lived with and his mother?? I like Saoirse when she is with Keith. Cleo annoys me so much with her bloody facial expressions :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

angel01 wrote: »
    I am bored of Sarah and her pratty attitude where she feels she is better that anyone else. I wish Dermot was back in it lately. He makes me laugh.

Isnt Dermot on holidays or something. Think Barry told him to take some time away. Maybe he went to Disneyland :pac:
    Where is Doug's mate gone that he lived with and his mother??

Dont know where he is, but wherever he is, I hope he stays there. annoying character.
    I like Saoirse when she is with Keith. Cleo annoys me so much with her bloody facial expressions

Love Saoirse, think she's brilliant. Think Cleo is fab, sorry Marycat...think Cleo belongs with Robert..so cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

padocon wrote: »
    This is what happens in soaps, characters drift in and out, it won't be long more till naimh & paul will be gone & hopefully Cass for good!

You see my point was proven! It's like all soaps! Naimh & Paul have been gone over a week now!

they (Paul and Niamh) havent drifted in and out though per say. We know where they are; on honeymoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Although got to say I bloody hate Orla. She remeinds me of a pushy bi&ch I used work with that would get up on a hairy hand so I really hope she doesnt get her claws into Damien.

I hear ya. Cant stand her either. Another one of those posh biatches with an overestimation of her abilities and attractiveness to the opposite sex. Worked with a few of them as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I had a lovely dream last night about Louie from Fair City - it's still in my head this morning - I never really thought him as attractive but this morning I do!!!!!

Secondly I believe McAleer is back this week - will he sweep Orla off her feet or just keep her on a "retainer".....

I still have a feeling that prat Duncan is McAleer's son.

Also I have a funny feeling the Fair City writers log onto this site as a while ago we were writing about none of the characters having any pets - and there last week was Rachel with a pet hamster/gerbil.

Another thing how come none of the characters visit the graves of loved ones - Harry and Jessica, Lorcan, Helen and Gina (to name but a few).

deelite wrote: »
    Also I have a funny feeling the Fair City writers log onto this site as a while ago we were writing about none of the characters having any pets - and there last week was Rachel with a pet hamster/gerbil.

Another thing how come none of the characters visit the graves of loved ones - Harry and Jessica, Lorcan, Helen and Gina (to name but a few).

Give it a few weeks and they'll be all at the graveyards.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Give it a few weeks and they'll be all at the graveyards.

Why are the cancelling Fair City or is somebody going to die.....

Why are the cancelling Fair City or is somebody going to die.....

The only person who'll be dying is me of boredom if it doesnt inject some excitement shortly. Although deelite if as you say Mcaleer is back, hopefully Annette will be with him, the two if them back can only improve the show.

The only person who'll be dying is me of boredom if it doesnt inject some excitement shortly. Although deelite if as you say Mcaleer is back, hopefully Annette will be with him, the two if them back can only improve the show.

I think he's coming back to see to Orla....

• Advertisement

I had a lovely dream last night about Louie from Fair City - it's still in my head this morning - I never really thought him as attractive but this morning I do!!!!!

Secondly I believe McAleer is back this week - will he sweep Orla off her feet or just keep her on a "retainer".....

I still have a feeling that prat Duncan is McAleer's son.

I think he is lovely :D one of my fave characters and to see him standing up to Yvonne was good, really hope Annette will be back.

To be honest, I never visit the graves of loved ones I lost so it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

dont like mcaleer uuhhh

nellie07 wrote: »
    dont like mcaleer uuhhh

I think he is ok.. he does the big boss thing quite well as it looks like Barry has lost it and is in his own world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MuffinTop

I think they should start using music for effect! it would make such a big difference and really improve the show and the acting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Quick question. When did Barry start back working with the paper?? And at the community centre?? I meant to ask a few weeks ago, have we all stopped hating him for Gina`s death now??

Quick question. When did Barry start back working with the paper?? And at the community centre?? I meant to ask a few weeks ago, have we all stopped hating him for Gina`s death now??

He has been working with the paper for a good while and no some people still dislike him

He has been working with the paper for a good while and no some people still dislike him

cool cool, I thought he left or something. Dunno I missed a few eps when the whole Annette being drunk in random hotels but Leo happening to be there with the taxi was happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

Anything happen tonight of note? I missed it! Anyone kind enough to fill me in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

JaneyP wrote: »

Tracey is back. Looks awful and is aggressive and tearful.

Orla has got involved with Zumo. Storing boxes for him - she desperately needs cash.

She is an obnoxious person and hopefully becomes the victim of a gangland hit.

MuffinTop wrote: »
    I think they should start using music for effect! it would make such a big difference and really improve the show and the acting!

Could be very funny:

Every time Louie comes in they could play "Brother Louie Louie Louie" (cant remember who sings that)

Then when Barry, Niamh and Paul are there "My Best Friend's Girl" (The Cars)

For Carol Mehan / Tracy "She Works Hard for her Money"

For Stephen (behind the Bar) "Silence is Golden" or "When You Say Nothing At All" (Ronan Keating)

For Ray and Keith - the Laurel and Hardy theme.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

Could be very funny:

Every time Louie comes in they could play "Brother Louie Louie Louie" (cant remember who sings that)

Then when Barry, Niamh and Paul are there "My Best Friend's Girl" (The Cars)

For Carol Mehan / Tracy "She Works Hard for her Money"

For Stephen (behind the Bar) "Silence is Golden" or "When You Say Nothing At All" (Ronan Keating)

For Ray and Keith - the Laurel and Hardy theme.....

LOL!!!!!!!

I agree though, music makes a huge difference! Look @ Lord of the Rings! Music makes Orlando Bloom look like a decent actor!!!

Its also the only thing that separates "the Clinic" from being a really bad soap!!

Some of the Austrailian and American soaps use it and it makes a big difference to the quality. I suppose it costs a lot though, which is why RTE dont use it for Fair City. Oh Dear!

JaneyP wrote: »

So Barrys trial is in 2 weeks. Guess that means lots more screen time for Paul and Niamh.

So Barrys trial is in 2 weeks. Guess that means lots more screen time for Paul and Niamh.

Oh Joy:mad:

Yeh i figured it was cause of budget issues that they didnt use music, but it would definatley improve the show!
    I want to see some romances beginning :)
    Tracey looked woefully bad in last nights episode. I wonder if her and dean will spark up again, he looked sad to see her looking so down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

Ah ffs! could they not do it incamera through video link:mad:

Couple of things I find curious about the 2 edgy business women in Carrigstown, Niamh and Orla?? meaning the really bad clothes and even worse hair. Niamh aka Sr.Alphonse always dressed like a Nun with terrible hair hanging down like rats tails?? As for Orla even worse clothes and worse hair. Orla must think that everyone has a hearing or comprehension problem as she always speaks in syllables......"Do..es she al..way.s sp..eak li..ke th..at"...wtf......Why is it when they walk into McCoys, The Pig etc all we hear is the clip-clop of their high heels when we can only barely hear the music and people in the background:confused:
    Fair City really need to address the lack of eye candy for their male viewer's, Eastenders have Mitchell sisters, Dawn,etc, Corrie has Marie, David's X, girl in hairdresser and Kim Marsh. Com'n lads the only 2 decent one's were shipped off to Cork n Africa, Robin n Cliona;)

Tracey looks rough at the moment :eek: The zumo/orla thing looks good though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

Tracey looks rough at the moment :eek: The zumo/orla thing looks good though

Ehem.....I rest my case:rolleyes:

Dean is quite good looking, tonights episode was good in the club scene.
    i lovvvve leo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Leo???? Ick.:mad:
    I love your man with the Aspergers Syndrome that's just started going out with Cleo. How could you not, what will all his social mishaps and the like? Awwww!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Next week Tracey gets jealous of Dean and Kylie hooking up - it wont be long till Tracey gets Dean into bed

Didnt Dean reject Kylie before? What happened with him and Orla?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement