Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Cass (Eamon Morrissey) is on with Myles Dungan now, talking about Ulysses by James Joyce. Ask him about slashing his own tyres Myles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Haven't seen fair city in a few months, isn't Barry O'Hanlon supposed to be in prison?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

tonight's episode sees Dermot calling Barry on mobile. If you pause the recording you can make out the number - 086 xxxxxxx.

Give it a ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Malachy the pot head:)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

tonight's episode sees Dermot calling Barry on mobile. If you pause the recording you can make out the number - 086 xxxxxxx.

Give it a ring.

You stalking the cast if fair city now? ;)

Jo and Dermot are annoying me at the moment. I'm hoping it will be time for them to go on there few weeks leave soon.

As for Cass, it looks like he's going to be around for a while. Oh dear!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 thepilgrim

That Kylie one's head looks like two albino triangles stapled together. It does - look again if you don't believe me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

joey54 wrote: »
    You stalking the cast if fair city now? ;)

Jo and Dermot are annoying me at the moment. I'm hoping it will be time for them to go on there few weeks leave soon.

As for Cass, it looks like he's going to be around for a while. Oh dear!

I am still watching :o but I had to post to say I love Jo and Dermot, at least we got a break from Heather & Brendan... Nice to see Carol back and where the heck has Tracey got to :eek:

pmsl thepilgrim, I was thinking similar :eek:

When is Barry's court case? and please can Niamh & Paul STFU with this pathetic Leo fight... leo rules :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 thepilgrim

I just don't get the appeal of Jo at all - limited actress with one high-pitched monotone is all I get - although it worked for the scene where she was scolding Dermot. That firmly chastised schoolboy look on Dermot's face was priceless.

Has there been any word on the Ray and Keith spin-off "Garage Days"?

Okay, I made it up but it would be funny - two best characters on the show and two actors who have really grown into the roles and visibly improved over the last couple of years.

Yeah the Niamh, Paul and Leo story is a bit odd. And Dean should probably stick to flipping the burgers instead of getting involved!

The Malachy/Cass feud should take another turn tonight when the drugs are found. Cass's little sidekick could find himself in some hot water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

joey54 wrote: »
    The Malachy/Cass feud should take another turn tonight when the drugs are found. Cass's little sidekick could find himself in some hot water!

Malachy did warn Dougie to keep his hands clean around his car so no excuses :)

• Advertisement

thepilgrim wrote: »
    I just don't get the appeal of Jo at all - limited actress with one high-pitched monotone is all I get - although it worked for the scene where she was scolding Dermot. That firmly chastised schoolboy look on Dermot's face was priceless.

Has there been any word on the Ray and Keith spin-off "Garage Days"?

Okay, I made it up but it would be funny - two best characters on the show and two actors who have really grown into the roles and visibly improved over the last couple of years.

I do like Jo, you can tell she rules the roost there, I think her and Dermot work really well together. I think Niamh & Paul and Brendan & Heather are so overused, it isn't funny.

Sean & Caitriona seem to have got lost somewhere and has Duncan left?

I wish that if FC were going to bother writing garage scenes in to the thing, that they would at least TRY to make the situation look realistic. In the garage this evening, Yer wan on the right wing, yer man on the left wing and one of them underneath the bonnet??? The car must have had the most convenient damage for the cameraman.

And the big lump of a wan. Her meant to be working on cars the whole day and not a hair or bit of makeup out of place. At least when Eastenders do the scene in the lockup, Minty and Gary are sweaty and covered in dirt (i.e. realistic).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Why does Paul always talk so bloody aggressively? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

Did anyone notice the burgers cooking in the Hungry Pig - they were as dry and cold looking...bloody great props :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Stuck in the front room with mother, can't stand that Jo, her voice is absolutely head wrecking. You'd wonder how these people got jobs as actors..

some cracking stuff from Jo there at the reception of the community cente tonight, her face was a picture getting lessons in etiquette from Ali.

There are, however too many unanswered questions (which is totally unlike Fair City) for my liking.

1) Does Orla not a say in this Niamh/Leo rent fiasco?
    2) Robert and Cleo's date was happening last night but they havent been in it since Sunday. How did it go?
    3)Why wasnt Barry present when Ian was questioning Malachy. Would have made for a great story. Former priest and current charity worker caught in possession although Malachys came out with some classic lines.

"You cut grass, you mow the lawn"....had me in stiches.

The most important question though is whether Anthony is still looking after Annettes practice and if not where is he. I miss him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Why does Paul always talk so bloody aggressively? :confused:

I'd say being married to Niamh does crazy things to the testosterone levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Epicurus wrote: »
    2) Robert and Cleo's date was happening last night but they havent been in it since Sunday. How did it go?

That's annoying, isn't it? I thought something hilarious was coming. I suppose we won't see them for weeks now.

I thought Malachy was excellent last night. His reactions to the new cop in the drug bust were brilliant. I loved his cheesy little smile to the snoopy woman in Phelan's doorway. Whoever said he should do more comedy stuff was spot on.

I loved seeing Cass get caught out! Sadly i think we're gonna have him on our screens for another while!

Cleo and the physio are actually so cute together! I hope we hear how the date went!

Dave147 wrote: »
    Stuck in the front room with mother, can't stand that Jo, her voice is absolutely head wrecking. You'd wonder how these people got jobs as actors..

http://www.irishfilmacademy.com/faculty/rachelsarahmurphy

"Ah shure look at luv" she's Academy Director at the Irish Film Academy, so somebody holds her in high asteem. She always reminds of Miss Piggy when she says Derrrrrrrmut.

• Advertisement

Jo was brilliant last night, I thought she was hilarious when she was on the phones, she does make me laugh. Looking forward to the social workers visit tonight :eek:

Malachy was really good as well and I just love the scenes with Dean and Leo, classic :D

and as for Carol's reaction to Malachy getting busted for drugs, that had me laughing :D:D

Surprised they have even managed to get the social worker to come. Surely what happened with Ben and Deirdre would work against them :confused:

haha there is Paul acting all aggressive again :D:D

Nice to see Doug's dad back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Wheres Cleo & Robert?

padocon wrote: »
    Wheres Cleo & Robert?

They will be back next week :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

angel01 wrote: »
    haha there is Paul acting all aggressive again :D:D

Nice to see Doug's dad back again.

Yeah, Doug Dad is a good actor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

http://www.irishfilmacademy.com/faculty/rachelsarahmurphy

"Ah shure look at luv" she's Academy Director at the Irish Film Academy, so somebody holds her in high asteem. She always reminds of Miss Piggy when she says Derrrrrrrmut.

I'm currently doing a course at the Irish Film Academy actually :p

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Some of the parts lately have been really good actually, Cass and his grass especially :pac: I know he's doing alot, but they just need to keep on with that sort of stuff and him annoying people constantly, it's great :pac: I prefer when he plays the 'don't deny an old man his pleasures!/didn't mean it' act rather than 'very sorry, won't do it again' one though.
    Dermot and Jo's stuff has been good too.

Uh, but I stress... it still needs its big story. All these storylines are fine but I need to be waiting for something... something needs to be big and exciting. Right now it's just too quiet, which may be realistic but for a soap it's just boring...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Niamh looking very well lately.

• Advertisement

This honeymoon Leo is organising for Paul and Niamh; I hope it'll be the longest honeymoon ever. I'm sick of the lot of them at this stage. Leo is particularly annoying me with his never ending quest to be included in everything in the garage; ya he's right i know but I still think it's hypocritical of him when he's leaving Ali out in the cold. Or did she sell her shares to buy those Irish books, or is she just on study leave.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement