Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

angel01 wrote: »
    A lot of the characters are aware. Judith mentioned it in the episode to Caoimhe and Neasa. Cleo and Dean also mentioned it in the past.

Why does it need to be brought up though? You shouldn't treat someone differently just because he has aspergers. He is just the same as anyone else. I don't see the need to label people.

No it just seemed at times that the characters didn't really understand him, so I didn't really get why they didn't seem to notice what seems to be fairly obvious, even if he was just OCD about order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Elmo wrote: »
    No it just seemed at times that the characters didn't really understand him, so I didn't really get why they didn't seem to notice what seems to be fairly obvious, even if he was just OCD about order.

In fairness to them, Neasa, Caoimhe are new and don't know Robert very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

I'd love to be a fair city script writer. Just write down any old shît and they'll take it.

I'd love to be a fair city script writer. Just write down any old shît and they'll take it.

Huh? :confused:

Huh? :confused:

Their scripts don't make sense most of the time, they seem a bit thrown together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Their scripts don't make since most of the time, they seem a bit thrown together.

Sense? maybe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Their scripts don't make since most of the time, they seem a bit thrown together.

:rolleyes:
    Do you even watch the show on a regular basis? It always makes perfect sense to me and I never miss an episode. It's like jumping in for the last season of Lost, and then complaining you don't know what's going on, having not seen the first 5 seasons... Same logic applies to a Soap Opera.

:rolleyes:
    Do you even watch the show on a regular basis? It always makes perfect sense to me and I never miss an episode. It's like jumping in for the last season of Lost, and then complaining you don't know what's going on, having not seen the first 5 seasons... Same logic applies to a Soap Opera.

I watch almost every episode and just find it a bit weak compared to other soaps.

deelite wrote: »
    Sense? maybe:D

My bad!! :(

I watch almost every episode and just find it a bit weak compared to other soaps.

Each to their own I suppose. I think its the strongest soap out there at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Is there any particular thing you thought was badly done? I think we'd all love a good debate, but you haven't actually pointed out anything specific that you dislike. That's not much to join a conversation with.

Each to their own I suppose. I think its the strongest soap out there at the moment.

I'm not saying I don't like it. I find it Really good sometimes and i like to support our home produced programmes, but then on the other hand some acting isin't the greatest either e.g Leo and that guard who used to be there. But again some acting is brilliant like Bob, Cleo and Carol. I'm not giving out about it, i was just pointing out some weak points (as every programme has).

I'm not saying I don't like it. I find it Really good sometimes and i like to support our home produced programmes, but then on the other hand some acting isin't the greatest either e.g Leo and that guard who used to be there. But again some acting is brilliant like Bob, Cleo and Carol. I'm not giving out about it, i was just pointing out some weak points (as every programme has).

Leo is a soap legend and may I add that the actor playing him is a really lovely guy. Not every actor in any soap will be brilliant and we all have our favourites and actors that we don't enjoy but for me, Fair City is the best soap out there and I am proud to call myself a fan :)

What storylines have you not enjoyed so much?

:eek::mad::(

Leo is my Da! How can you not like him?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

You can say this about almost every soap opera. All soap operas go through phases when absolutely nothing interesting is happening, in Coronation Street they have non-stories about the corner shop and norris, in EastEnders they try out some comic moments etc etc. Acting is also up and down in most soap operas.

Anyway I only every flick in and out of most soaps, and I was talking about Roberts problem since he began in the show. In fairness to that actor I think he is doing a good job with his character.

:eek::mad::(

Leo is my Da! How can you not like him?
    Sorry Dean!

Elmo wrote: »
    Anyway I only every flick in and out of most soaps, and I was talking about Roberts problem since he began in the show. In fairness to that actor I think he is doing a good job with his character.

Robert's actor is probably the best. He is really convincing playing a character with AS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Robert's actor is probably the best. He is really convincing playing a character with AS.

I didn't realise his character had Aspergers. It would make sense of course with his repetitive behaviour and communication style. Still love him of course. :D

I understand exactly where you're coming from - I turned off Corrie there for about 3 months - I thought it was hell to watch - I mean a dead body wrapped in a carpet that fitted into a wheelie bin.

I cant remember ever commenting on the "acting" in Fair City - I don't generally as a rule - as I'd hate any of the actors to get into my car and tell me I don't know my left from right....;)

And I'm going to be totally honest here I did switch off FC a few years back - (I wasn't enjoying it - but that could have been due to the fact that I had two babies - so I was running around like a headless chicken) it was when the racist storyline was going and somebody ended up in jail - and I can't remember what else it just bored me to tears.

And your comment about the Garda - I never liked him (the character) he was mean to Sarah and to Deegan.:D

Come back and watch Fair City give it a week to get into the storyline and then put a name on your dance card....
    Keith/Zumo are mine, (I share Keith with Ms. Moneypenny - sometimes)
    Louie/Tommy are Angels01
    Meeja has Felix
    Epicur has Dolores
    Alice has Deegan,
    Cpt. Neg has Nessa,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

And your comment about the Garda - I never liked him (the character) he was mean to Sarah and to Deegan.:D

Agreed, I didn't like Rory Goff after a while either. Cheating on Sarah with Carol and all that stuff with Deegan, Spot on.

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    Agreed, I didn't like Rory Goff after a while either. Cheating on Sarah with Carol and all that stuff with Deegan, Spot on.

I used to love Rory, was he not dating Niamh though? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Guys, I know it's a little off topic, but I just woke up from such a horrible dream I can't keep it to myself. It was as if my whole life had changed for the worse. Everything I believed in was untrue, and crowds of strangers were pointing at me in the street and laughing. Laughing so hard. Cruel, mocking laughter. Ringing in my ears.

Thankfully, I can come onto Boards and restore my sanity.

Now, what's on the Fair City thread today?
    Meeja has Felix

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I used to love Rory, was he not dating Niamh though? :confused:

Niamh, Sarah, Carol. He was with them all at one point.

Guys, I know it's a little off topic, but I just woke up from such a horrible dream I can't keep it to myself. It was as if my whole life had changed for the worse. Everything I believed in was untrue, and crowds of strangers were pointing at me in the street and laughing. Laughing so hard. Cruel, mocking laughter. Ringing in my ears.

Thankfully, I can come onto Boards and restore my sanity.

I must say .... rather you than me :D:D:D:D

Cpt. Neg has Nessa

and lets not forget Caoimhe... ;)

Has no one claimed Dean?

eimearcmh wrote: »
    Has no one claimed Dean?

I think you just have...

Grand...wouldn't want him to feel left out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

wouldn't mind a bit of dean myself. or louie. or tommy. and i thought dean's bro wasn't bad either! :) but he's gay........ daaaaaayum! :D:D

• Advertisement

Just seeing if you were awake -...:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement