Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

angel01 wrote: »
    I brought that up with them before but they claim we can't show clips from Fair City, I said it doesn't stop you talking about it.. in one ear.. out the other :rolleyes::(

What about Home & Away, EastEnders, Neighbours and Ros Na Run??? As you say they don't need pictures to talk about the shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Elmo wrote: »
    They did this because Coronation Street moved to Thursday Nights. I think the schedulers were thinking that Soap Opera fans would miss that half hour of space before Fair City.

Wednesdays Home & Away, Emmerdale, Fair City.

I watch Neighbours, oh and throw doctors in too :D

I watch Neighbours, oh and throw doctors in too :D

They should really show Doctors at 6pm on RTÉ Two. I don't know why I am suggesting this, this would be murder.

They should really show Doctors at 6pm on RTÉ Two. I don't know why I am suggesting this, this would be murder.

Doctors is on BBC HD at 6.30pm :p

Doctors is on BBC HD at 6.30pm :p

But what about Home and Away! and Hollyoaks!

• Advertisement

But what about Home and Away! and Hollyoaks!

I don't watch them lol..

Back to Fair City and may I just say.. I shall cry now :(:(
    Fair City's new blonde vixen Neasa Dillon looks set to get her claws into Carrigstown's serious bachelor Louie.

The feisty character will direct her charms at Louie over the next few weeks, when he takes pity on her and gives her a job in McCoy's pub. This week viewers have seen the feisty blonde lose her job as a doctor's receptionist after she fails to impress Robert.

But the seductress soon coaxes Louie into giving her a job and he lets her sleep in McCoy's after she has a flaring row with her mother, Judith. Neasa has already sent pulses racing on the show in May when she had a one-night stand with married debt collector Damien Halpin.

A spokesperson for the show told the Herald: "You can see that Louie admires her gusto, but at the moment it's a bit of flirting. We don't know if Louie will fall for her charms. Watch this space. We don't know how Carol's going to react either to Neasa being the new Queen Bee in McCoys."

Viewers will see Louie hire her on barmaid Carol's recommendations because of her good looks, feisty nature and charm for the customers.
    He is impressed by Neasa, but he is forced to give her a warning when he sees her throwing out Judith after they have an argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ah poor Damo, Dean, Robert and Denzo - they all had a bit of a tough time in that episode...
    Anyone else think Robert and Caoimhe will get together or is it just me?
    I wonder how Damo will hold up without Mark around. Think there's gonna be a lot of hard to watch scenes over the next few weeks. I hope he tells Mark, Dean or Wayne about it soon, because he shouldn't have to deal with it himself. Or as someone else already mentioned, he should tell Dolores, as I can't see the other 3 really knowing what to do in the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

I wonder how Damo will hold up without Mark around. Think there's gonna be a lot of hard to watch scenes over the next few weeks. I hope he tells Mark, Dean or Wayne about it soon, because he shouldn't have to deal with it himself. Or as someone else already mentioned, he should tell Dolores, as I can't see the other 3 really knowing what to do in the situation.

What would happen if he went to the doctor? Would she have to report it?

What would happen if he went to the doctor? Would she have to report it?

I wouldn't think she would, as he is over 18, I guess it would be his decision to make, as if she reported it to the police, they would still need Damien to confirm that abuse was taking place.

I would like him to confide in Dolores as I said before, Dolores has always been there for Damien and Mark and in Damien's hour of need, I think she would be there for him again but it is an incredibly hard thing to admit and maybe he is afraid that people will not believe him.
    Suzanne threatens to tell Mark that Damien is beating her up and you know that Mark has already suggested it so he could believe it quite easily
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Yeah, I don't know. It's going to take a lot now for Damien to turn to someone else. I can't see him telling any of the guys because, he might be afraid of them thinking he's a wimp. It's an unusual position for a man to be in and he still has his pride and he probably thinks he will lose face if he tells. I can see the beatings and torture becoming increasingly brutal in the coming weeks! You can sense that Suzanne is starting to enjoy the power.

Really nice to see Robert in the situation he's in. We are seeing another side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I brought that up with them before but they claim we can't show clips from Fair City, I said it doesn't stop you talking about it.. in one ear.. out the other :rolleyes::(

It could be true. MAybe RTE might not give them permission to use the clips or charge too much to do so. In saying that they seem to have no problem in sharing other clips, mainly in the news.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    It could be true. MAybe RTE might not give them permission to use the clips or charge too much to do so. In saying that they seem to have no problem in sharing other clips, mainly in the news.

How do RTÉ get to show clips from Soaps that they don't broadcast? Surely a simple swap is all that is required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

One good thing about this storyline, we may see more Louie with no shirt on so there is always a silver lining ;)

Seems like they're thinking along those lines as well

louienessa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Epicurus wrote: »

louienessa.jpg

ooooh louie in a dressing gown! :D:D:D

ooooh louie in a dressing gown! :D:D:D

Any chance of removing it ;):D

Carol looks jealous :D

Epicurus wrote: »

louienessa.jpg

"Come and knock on our door, we'll be waiting for you..." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Nessa doesn't look interested - if she goes to play with Louie it's only going to be for his money nothing else.

deelite wrote: »
    Nessa doesn't look interested - if she goes to play with Louie it's only going to be for his money nothing else.

Judging by that picture, it is Carol that is more interested :D

I don't want Nessa with Louie. I'd rather have Carol and Tracy fight over him, even though I don't want either of them with him either. I'm still harbouring hopes that Dolores will snare him....

• Advertisement

I don't want Nessa with Louie. I'd rather have Carol and Tracy fight over him, even though I don't want either of them with him either. I'm still harbouring hopes that Dolores will snare him....

:D:D

I would love Carol to get to grips with Louie, he deserves someone with a bit of a spark after him..

I still can't get over how lovely Martina (Dolores) was, she is a wonderful lady.. after all Dolores has been through.. she deserves a nice romance :D

I am hoping Yvonne comes back and goes after Louie, did like them together..

Sunday
    Robert tells Judith he is ready to go back to work. Louie tells Neasa she can't stay with him indefinitely. Dean winds Louie up over Neasa. Sarah informs a disappointed Keith they will have to find a new tenant. Doug accuses Avi of not helping him win over Dearbhla. Dearbhla does her best to ensure she is on her own with Avi.

Robert admits to missing his mother. Judith visits Neasa in McCoys with a peace offering and they make up. Neasa agrees to move back home. Louie feels lonely when he hears she is leaving but Carol is delighted, he pretends to Carol he is too.

Avi tells Doug that Dearbhla is into art and he should learn more about it to impress her. The truce between Neasa and Judith is short-lived and Neasa walks out of the house again. Robert is glad to have Dean and Dolores's support. Felix visits Sarah and Keith and admits that her article was a blessing in disguise.

Doug fails to impress Dearbhla with his Michelangelo talk. He asks her to give him driving lessons. Neasa arrives back to McCoys looking to stay with Louie again. He says yes and Carol claims that Neasa will never move out.

Tuesday
    Tommy discovers that Dearbhla is now Doug's driving instructor. Louie covers when Neasa suggests he enjoys her company. Damien and Suzanne agree they should try and start afresh.
    Decco tells Denzo that he should forget about Zumo. Bela encourages Suzanne and Damien to enjoy their new-found freedom.

Eileen orders Decco to invite Zumo to a family meal. Dean pushes Damien to go for a drink without Suzanne. Zumo accepts Decco's invitation for Eileen and Decco's sake. Carol doubts Neasa's ability to change Louie's mind about having a cocktail night. When Neasa is ordered by Louie to get Damien to fix a toilet she is kicked out of Vinos by Suzanne. She then taunts Damien and allows him to take the job.

Doug reveals to Avi that he is going to try and get Dearbhla to give him loads of driving lessons so they can get to know each other. Neasa encourages Damien to stand up for himself. Zumo reveals to Eileen that Decco broke Denzo's ribs. Damien tries to downplay Suzanne's treatment of him to Bela. Tommy warns Louie not to mess with his daughter. He fails to persuade Neasa to come home. Louie realises that she has no intention of leaving.

Doug has his first and last driving test with Dearbhla. Suzanne tries to deride Louie for hiring Neasa. Damien tries to persuade Dean that Suzanne does not have a problem with him. Decco reveals that he has persuaded a councillor to provide the Bishops with accommodation locally. Suzanne tells Damien he is banned from McCoys.

Eileen is back :D

Who's living in Carol's flat now - why doesn't she offer it to Nessa....

Who's living in Carol's flat now - why doesn't she offer it to Nessa....

I don't think anyone is living there, after Eileen left and she kicked Bob out, think it is empty, though the Bishops want to live locally.. so they might have their eye on it :D

Wednesday
    A jealous Suzanne sees Neasa and Louie talking and laughing together. Suzanne tells Damien that she is justified for banning him because he is a cheat and a liar. Carol is pleased when Louie rejects Neasa's idea of a cocktail night. Deegan informs Zumo that Denzo may be unwittingly trafficking stolen goods. Zumo fails to convince Denzo to stop working for Decco.

Mark refuses to hand over his key to Suzanne. Doug is deflated when Dearbhla shows more interest in Avi than Doug. Suzanne is forced to cover for Bela who is unwell. A shocked Carol catches Neasa reading Louie's journal for his kids. Neasa tells Carol that Louie is really lonely.

Decco derides Zumo for taking literacy lessons from Charlie. Neasa mistakenly embarrasses Dearbhla. Zumo reveals Decco's new criminal plan to Eileen. Christy tells a put-out Carol that Neasa fancies Louie. Mark is annoyed when Damien defends Suzanne's aggressive behaviour. He cancels pints with Dean. Neasa tells Avi to let Dearbhla down gently.

Carol is surprised when Louie is not angry at Neasa's comment about his love of his children. Neasa questions why Carol is so interested in Louie. Decco tells Zumo that his rules no longer apply. Suzanne demands Damien get the key from Mark.

Thursday
    Suzanne fails to force Damien to cover for Bela at Vinos. Eileen forces Zumo and Decco to agree to a truce. Neasa charms Louie's anger away when Carol reveals to Louie that Neasa read his diary. Suzanne and Dean clash over Damien. On the day of his driving test, Doug discovers Avi has taken his car.

Charlie is alarmed to learn that the Bishops are moving back to Carrigstown. Zumo gives Decco an alibi to Deegan. Damien does not have the guts to ask Mark for his key. Suzanne tells Damien she knows he was lying about how much money he was paid for fixing the toilets. She takes his laser card and demands to know his pin.

Avi gives Doug advice on how to woo Dearbhla. Damien covers when Dean questions his reluctance to hang out with him. Carol makes Tommy question the innocence of Neasa and Louie's relationship. Decco pulls a knife on Zumo and demands that he leave the Bishops' house.

A grossed-out Dearbhla turns down Doug's invitation to go for a drive. Louie vehemently denies Carol's presumption about his relationship with Neasa. Zumo sneaks into Monastery Avenue (their new home) and puts a knife to Decco's throat promising to kill him if he hurts his family. Suzanne beats Damien because he forgot to buy pasta.

:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

"Come and knock on our door, we'll be waiting for you..." :D

hahaha i hope i wasn't the only one to get that ;):D:D:D

:(:(

:(:(:(:(:(:(

:(:(:(:(:(:(

The more I read, the more sad I get at the storyline...

Well I'm glad someone got it

Just a reminder (final day is tomorrow)

0003bc74-545.jpg

Meet the actors: Wesley Doyle

This month we will be interviewing Wesley Doyle who plays Doug Ferguson.

Doug may not be the brightest spark although he is fiercely loyal to his father Pete and surprisingly industrious, but even though he has the best of intentions, trouble always seems to find Doug.

Will Doug want more from life than an apprenticeship in the garage? Have any of the Dillon girls caught his eye?

If you would like to ask Wesley anything please email your questions to faircity@rte.ie with subject line: 'Wesley Doyle Interview', or tweet your questions to http://twitter.com/RTEFairCity.

We will select the best questions and put them to him.
    The deadline for questions is Wednesday 13th of October.

• Advertisement

^Cheers for the reminder. For some reason I thought I had until Friday...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement