Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Fair City is always better when Robert is in it. Poor Vivienne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Fantastic episode tonight.
    Have to say I think Cal Kennealy who plays Mark has upped his game recently - his acting has improved and he's making the character his own. I think it just took him time to settle in. Although I have a feeling I may be on my own in thinking that.

I would agree with you about Mark. I feel in the past 3-4 wks he has come on a lot. Bit awkward at the start but sure he's part of the Fair City family now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i LOVED everything about tonight's episode!
    Have to say I think Cal Kennealy who plays Mark has upped his game recently - his acting has improved and he's making the character his own. I think it just took him time to settle in. Although I have a feeling I may be on my own in thinking that.

no i actually thought the very same this evening! i thought to myself "i really like this new mark!"
    mariaf24 wrote: »
    Watched FairCity tonight for the first time in months.

That new family are the PITS. Acting is absolutely horrific, that Nessa/Neasa girl seems like she's sniggering half the time.
    I presume that Pervy grey man is supposed to be their dad? Wow he must have been about 16 when they were born...Found him uncomfortable to watch tbh.
    Since when did Damien turn into such an angry horrible twat? :rolleyes:

are you for real? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I had half thought or hoped that with the Fair City website giving us the this week 10 years ago piece today that some scenes of this night last year would be recreated. Like Paul and a stressed out Doyle sister heading for a hotel or a topless Louie appearing. Something.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

I am gobsmacked that there are people who are slagging off the new family. I really cant see why. I thought the final scene last night was excellent, from Bob just appearing suddenly in the doorway, right up to Tommy and Bobs confrontation. Tommy is the real star of the family and both me and my mother agree, he is easy on the eye. But i think the whole unit is fantastic and i really do enjoy their scenes. There is a genuine bond between them. They all can act imo. and certainly are a giant step up from the likes of Felix, Avi and Maureen.

Two thumbs up for the Dillons in my book anyway!!:P:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

Gibson101 wrote: »
    Excellent interview. I really do enjoy his character on-screen. Think he's excellent. Hopefully his brothers will come back soon.

They are coming back,They have filmed the episodes already,Them and zumo are friends of mine they are all from the same area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Love the new family and all the actors are great. I don't like Tommy Dillon (I think he's going to be a bit like Billy Mehan) - I think he's a bully or something - the women last night knew he was going to go off on one and have probably witnessed his temper. I bet there are dead bodies on his farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

I really like the new family, but I'm delighted that not everyone agrees. A debate is always more interesting than a love-in.

I agree that the new Mark has started to shine recently. He has discovered a few new facial expressions, and there's a bit of lightness about him that I like.

I'm always inclined to give the new people a chance to settle in before getting too critical, as there is so little opportunity for actors in Ireland to get screen experience. Usually we're watching someone's first efforts, and I'm sure it's all they can do sometimes to remember their lines and not look at the camera. That being said, there's a couple of long-term characters who still don't do anything for me.

I'm not advancing this as an excuse for the Dillons. I think they are an exception, in that they all seem to be good straight out of the box. From reading the newspapers, it seems that they were given a chance to work together a couple of weeks before filming started. Maybe everyone should get that opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Haven't seen last nights, was delayed watching Eastenders so FC had to wait, recording todays..

Would have preferred them to wait :(

0003aef0-545.jpg

Meet the actors: Aoibhin Garrihy.

This month we will be interviewing Aoibhin Garrihy, who plays Neasa Dillon.

Neasa has been in Carrigstown barely a wet weekend and she's already made an indelible impression. She has seduced a married man and falsely accused homeless Bob of assault! What will Neasa do next?

If you would like to ask Aoibhin anything, please email your questions to faircity@rte.ie with subject line, 'Aoibhin Garrihy Interview', or tweet your questions to http://twitter.com/RTEFairCity.

We will select the best questions and put them to her.

The deadline for questions is Friday 25th of September.

angel01 wrote: »
    This month we will be interviewing Aoibhin Garrihy, who plays Neasa Dillon.

Quick, somebody hide Captain Negative's computer. It's for his own good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Quick, somebody hide Captain Negative's computer. It's for his own good.

:D
    Let the games begin...

I just figured out who Zak reminds me of. DOes anyone remember Just William?

Just-William_1210720c.jpg

On another note, my favourite line of last night was Robert's. "I'd like a lager. Dutch, if possible." Only Robert would think of beer in those terms.

I think I shall be tough on her in this interview, she can't get her hands on Louie, I will not allow it :mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Mm, and she'd better keep her beady eye off Deegan too!

Liking the Dillons - but Judith's voice is peculiar. She didn't sound like that when she had the part of Dolores Molloy.

I'm with Deelite on the Tommy thing. He is clearly volatile and indeed may possibly be violent....

Just caught up, I think Tommy is fiercely protective of his family and will do anything to protect them, everyone should ask themselves, if you thought your daughter was hurt/attacked by someone, would you not want to find out the truth/go for them etc. Honest reaction though.

Zak & Rachel bound to be a "couple" cute..

Just caught up, I think Tommy is fiercely protective of his family and will do anything to protect them, everyone should ask themselves, if you thought your daughter was hurt/attacked by someone, would you not want to find out the truth/go for them etc. Honest reaction though.

I'd want to find out the full story before hand and then react - he reacted without having the full facts. If I reacted the way he did to everything my kids said to me I'd be in Mountjoy.

I think he's going to be a great character (you might need to walk on egg shells around him) - and it would be great if he was a past client of Tracey....:D

deelite wrote: »
    I'd want to find out the full story before hand and then react - he reacted without having the full facts. If I reacted the way he did to everything my kids said to me I'd be in Mountjoy.

I think he's going to be a great character (you might need to walk on egg shells around him) - and it would be great if he was a past client of Tracey....:D

I know but if it is a sexual assault, I think that goes out of the window personally.. I think he will be a great character :D

Until RTÉ pull the finger out and get Fair City back on the player, I'm not gonna be posting here as much - only gonna get a chance to catch up once a week, which is good in the sense I'll have 2 hours to watch at once, but won't be able to discuss it here as frequently...

Leo has a new job:

http://wp.me/pvOXu-2Fu

Leo has a new job:

http://wp.me/pvOXu-2Fu

I won't even ask how you found that!:P Just imagine Leo and Big Mo having a chat at the bar.

• Advertisement

Until RTÉ pull the finger out and get Fair City back on the player, I'm not gonna be posting here as much - only gonna get a chance to catch up once a week, which is good in the sense I'll have 2 hours to watch at once, but won't be able to discuss it here as frequently...

Thats a shame :(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Do you think RTE will really care if people post here or not, and do you think is it an RTE think or a Union thing that it is not on player. Isnt it something about them looking for extra money for the actors that it is not on player or am i mistaken. Maybe the solution might be if i am correct is to ban some (maybe all) of the pathetic unions we have in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

It is pathetic at this point that it's the only show on RTE that isn't on the player.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Do you think RTE will really care if people post here or not, and do you think is it an RTE think or a Union thing that it is not on player. Isnt it something about them looking for extra money for the actors that it is not on player or am i mistaken. Maybe the solution might be if i am correct is to ban some (maybe all) of the pathetic unions we have in this country.

Obviously not. I wouldn't expect them to. It still amazes me that every other show in the world is now available on the internet, apart from Fair City.

Obviously not. I wouldn't expect them to. It still amazes me that every other show in the world is now available on the internet, apart from Fair City.

Fair City is on the internet (if you know where to look ;) )

Deise Tom wrote: »

I don't know anything about unions at all but when I was in one a few years back and I know I didn't break wind unless the union agreed to it :D

I think that RTE should start giving the actors in Fair City the credit that they deserve. Somebody posted here a while back that overseas soap stars are treated like Gods when they come over here and that is so true. We have fantastic actors in Fair City - but some of the actors need a second job to support themselves or have to sign on while they're not on screen.

I pay my licence fee but I would feel happier to know that my contribution was paying for Fair City and not some imported tv show that was screened years back.

deelite wrote: »
    I pay my licence fee but I would feel happier to know that my contribution was paying for Fair City and not some imported tv show that was screened years back.

I couldn't at agree more, but I have a horrible feeling that this might not get resolved during the recession.

I understand the actors wanting some payment for their work being put online, but I can see RTE's argument too. The revenue from advertising has plummeted everywhere, and with every staff member already taking a big pay cut, it might be hard to justify spending any money on the internet operation.

I don't understand that at all! They have the likes of Shortland Street + Neighbours, yet no Fair City!

eimearcmh wrote: »
    I don't understand that at all! They have the likes of Shortland Street + Neighbours, yet no Fair City!

I know, I wish Fair City was on the rte player, just glad I can record it on my DVR :o

• Advertisement

I know, I wish Fair City was on the rte player, just glad I can record it on my DVR :o

I had to google DVR! Im so used to calling it the VCR even though we have a DVR too.:rolleyes:

Im watching the Rose of Tralee on it now. I loved the Carlow Rose's song so i want to hear it again. Its only up there for 1 more day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement