Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

deelite wrote: »
    I wriggled in my chair last night watching Damien and Suzanne - it was brilliant.

A review any actor would kill for.

:eek: ;), and while we're at it :cool:.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

angel01 wrote: »

I felt so sorry for Damien, that scene with the mirror was very strong and made me hate Suzanne even more :eek::mad::mad:

I'd hope doing that would make him wake up and start smelling the roses.

I don't think anyone would enjoy being a debt collector.

Maybe, but a job is a job.

In Ireland with the last number of years, i think statements like that has in a way lead us to where we are. How often have you heard someone give out because someone from say Eastern Europe come to Ireland and get a job and there is Irish people that have nothing. This is still the way isnt it right now.

Maybe if some of the Irish got off their high horses and did the work that was available instead of picking and choosing what they wanted to do, maybe, we might not be in the whole we are in right now, well maybe not as deep anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I feel really sorry for Damien. He has had a really tough life. Following the brutal death of his mother he had to grow up very quickly and become a father to his young siblings. I don't ever remember him going for counselling after the murder. He never got the chance to go out and have fun when he was younger and he sure isn't having any fun now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I might be on my own here but I'm not too keen on the Dillion family yet

I don't think so. A few people already have expressed their dislike for them and some people like them, so it's 50/50 at the moment. I like Tommy Dillion though. Think he is very cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I'm very much on the fence about the Dillons. I like Tommy but unsure about the rest. I don't really like Neassa as much as I did at first. Some of her acting is awful. The doctor is very benign and uninteresting so far.

I'm finding the Damien\Suzanne saga uncomfortable. But I won't stop watching it.

jos28 wrote: »

I don't ever remember him going for counselling after the murder.

Why do people feel the need for a councillor or self professed expert for different situations in recent years.

What did we do before they came along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Bit harsh from Bob about Louies children. They hate each other, yes, but Bob has lost a son; he watched as his partner lost her son.

Dolores is being wasted sitting around with Esther and Charlie drinking tea. She's too young and good looking to be wasting away like that. Put her back in with Wayne or develop an unhealthy obsession with Tommy Dillon. Do something.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Bit harsh from Bob about Louies children. They hate each other, yes, but Bob has lost a son; he watched as his partner lost her son.

Dolores is being wasted sitting around with Esther and Charlie drinking tea. She's too young and good looking to be wasting away like that. Put her back in with Wayne or develop an unhealthy obsession with Tommy Dillon. Do something.

I agree, I think Dolores is the most underused character in the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

yeah, have Tommy Dillon cheat on his wife (the original Dolores Molloy) with the second Dolores Molloy. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Another new family in Carrigstown? I applaud the effort to bring in some young women, but I'm not too sure about the acting skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcdOCKpAK2M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Kid Shilleen

I miss Magda. Would be some fun if Magda got a job in the Community Centre. Serious sparks between her, Jo and Esther. Bring Back Magda!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxknlxXopgY

The question is, am I Magda?

Back to my box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Another new family in Carrigstown? I applaud the effort to bring in some young women, but I'm not too sure about the acting skills.

PMSL:D

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Why do people feel the need for a councillor or self professed expert for different situations in recent years.

What did we do before they came along.

I went through a horrible personal assault a few years back, if I hadn't had the support of a counsellor, I doubt I would have come through it.

You are lucky if you don't feel the need for one, count yourself lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

The Fair City Birthday Comp is ending this weekend - who are the original four familes - Doyles, Kelly's, and then I can't think please help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

ROFL:D:D
    I went through a horrible personal assault a few years back, if I hadn't had the support of a counsellor, I doubt I would have come through it.

You are lucky if you don't feel the need for one, count yourself lucky.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully the idiots involved have being dealt with.:)

Gibson101 wrote: »
    ROFL:D:D

Sorry to hear that, hopefully the idiots involved have being dealt with.:)

Thank you, sorry didn't mean to bring it to a personal level.. anyhow I need to send my fair city competition entry in... would absolutely love to win it.

0003b2c4-545.jpg

This week fifteen years ago..

Paul was deceiving Nicola; Mary O'Hanlon died; Clancy was planning to sell McCoys; and Bela went back on a promise to Suzanne.

Paul pulls a sickie on Nicola, so he could sneak away to meet Barbie, an American girl he met at the World Cup. Johnny covers for Paul when Nicola turns up unexpectedly. Leaving Nicola with the idea that Johnny is cheating on Julie.
    Paddy and Lily find Mary lying dead on the kitchen floor when they return home from shopping. Barry O'Hanlon is riddled with guilt following Mary O'Hanlon's death, from a heart attack. Barry feels he neglected his mother and Linda is not around to give him any comfort. Lily is also filled with guilt for not being there when her best friend, Mary, needed her. Meanwhile, Hannah is lacking in sympathy and is irked by everyone saying nice things about Mary.
    Clancy informs Kay that he is selling McCoys. Kay is outraged and vows to chain herself to the pumps. Rita is unimpressed with Clancy's offer of £65,000 for the shop. She thinks it is worth far more. Gerry and Kay decide to hold a meeting in McCoys to tell the town that Clancy is planning on building a shopping centre in Carrigstown.

Rita is in arrears and cannot afford to give Suzanne £40 for a school trip. Bela gets fired from his job after his boss finds out that he let Jimmy drive his lorry with no insurance. Bela had promised Suzanne he would have the school trip money for her and has to disappoint her by telling her he could not live up to his promise as he is out of a job.
    For a trip down memory lane, click on our gallery.
    Photo courtesy of RTÉ Stills Library.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

deelite wrote: »
    The Fair City Birthday Comp is ending this weekend - who are the original four familes - Doyles, Kelly's, and then I can't think please help.

from the wiki
    "The series was originally focused on six families: the O'Hanlons, the Kellys, the Clarkes, the Doyles, the McCoys and the Bowens" ;)

Suzanne is being interviewed by Colm Hayes on 2FM at the moment

• Advertisement

Suzanne is being interviewed by Colm Hayes on 2FM at the moment

Missed it, what was said?

I missed bits of it because I am in work and people keep coming into the office and asking me questions - How dare they ! She did not give too much away about current storylines but she was very chatty and friendly. She spoke about her early days in FC and all The Doyles. She spoke about the work schedule and how well she gets on with Damien on set. Colm asked her about the Neasa/Damien story and how it will all come out. Obviously she did not say. He asked her about a possible affair with Louie (sorry ;)) We will have to wait and see. I'm sure it will be on a podcast. I will check it out as soon as the boss leaves for the golf course :D

I missed bits of it because I am in work and people keep coming into the office and asking me questions - How dare they ! She did not give too much away about current storylines but she was very chatty and friendly. She spoke about her early days in FC and all The Doyles. She spoke about the work schedule and how well she gets on with Damien on set. Colm asked her about the Neasa/Damien story and how it will all come out. Obviously she did not say. He asked her about a possible affair with Louie (sorry ;)) We will have to wait and see. I'm sure it will be on a podcast. I will check it out as soon as the boss leaves for the golf course :D

Thanks so much, I have sent in my entry for the competition and realised I really am crap at limericks :( ah well, I tried..

• Registered Users Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What happened with Dolores and Deegan or was that dropped?

What happened with Dolores and Deegan or was that dropped?

What do you mean? Wasn't she more suited to Pete lately?

Suzanne remarks to Louie about the good time she had with him last night. Dean discovers the maggots in the Hungry Pig. Bob enjoys the commotion he caused. Damien tries to warn Suzanne off hanging around with Neasa. Louie finds the pocket watch and the proof of Bob's vengeance.
    The health inspector arrives and inspects the premises. Caoimhe feigns illness to avoid going to hospital with Judith. She breaks and admits that she has dropped out of college. Neasa and Caoimhe fight with Judith and Tommy. Pete critics Avi's workmanship. Carol admires his assets. She offers him hours in the bar. Damien demands to know from Neasa what she is playing at. She reminds him that he is the bad guy.
    Neasa suggests to Suzanne that Louie might fancy her. Carol offers Avi's handy man skills for an hour for the raffle prize. Esther buys two books. Louie offers Avi a part-time job. He suggests that Tommy should bring Bob and the family for dinner in McCoys pub. Tommy invites Bob to dinner. Suzanne tells Louie she is attracted to him and he rejects her. She is completely humiliated.
    Tommy insists that the Dillons publicly back Bob. Esther wins first prize and Zumo wins Avi for an hour! Bob and the Dillons have an awkward drink together. Damien tries to persuade Suzanne not to see Neasa. He thinks that she knows something.
    Louie announces to everyone in the pub that Bob sabotaged the Hungry Pig. A wounded Bob insults everyone and insinuates that Neasa is a prostitute. Bob is rejected by the community and told to leave the pub. Bob weeps by McCoys and overhears Damien and Neasa talking about their secret.

What do you mean? Wasn't she more suited to Pete lately?

I thought they had become quietly friendly at one stage and thought romance might have been on the cards for them

Also is Avi gay?

Suzanne remarks to Louie about the good time she had with him last night. Dean discovers the maggots in the Hungry Pig. Bob enjoys the commotion he caused. Damien tries to warn Suzanne off hanging around with Neasa. Louie finds the pocket watch and the proof of Bob's vengeance.
    The health inspector arrives and inspects the premises. Caoimhe feigns illness to avoid going to hospital with Judith. She breaks and admits that she has dropped out of college. Neasa and Caoimhe fight with Judith and Tommy. Pete critics Avi's workmanship. Carol admires his assets. She offers him hours in the bar. Damien demands to know from Neasa what she is playing at. She reminds him that he is the bad guy.
    Neasa suggests to Suzanne that Louie might fancy her. Carol offers Avi's handy man skills for an hour for the raffle prize. Esther buys two books. Louie offers Avi a part-time job. He suggests that Tommy should bring Bob and the family for dinner in McCoys pub. Tommy invites Bob to dinner. Suzanne tells Louie she is attracted to him and he rejects her. She is completely humiliated.
    Tommy insists that the Dillons publicly back Bob. Esther wins first prize and Zumo wins Avi for an hour! Bob and the Dillons have an awkward drink together. Damien tries to persuade Suzanne not to see Neasa. He thinks that she knows something.
    Louie announces to everyone in the pub that Bob sabotaged the Hungry Pig. A wounded Bob insults everyone and insinuates that Neasa is a prostitute. Bob is rejected by the community and told to leave the pub. Bob weeps by McCoys and overhears Damien and Neasa talking about their secret.

I already posted them :p

I thought they had become quietly friendly at one stage and thought romance might have been on the cards for them

Also is Avi gay?

Doubt it now that Carol is after him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i wonder will louie bang suzanne or nessa first :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement