Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Are most leaving cert students now 18 when they get there results, especially as most do T.Y.

If so, why was there a problem last night with getting drink into the party and why could they not have celebrated in the pub. Maybe there could be a fuss created about the drink if it was junior cert results were given out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Are most leaving cert students now 18 when they get there results, especially as most do T.Y.

If so, why was there a problem last night with getting drink into the party and why could they not have celebrated in the pub. Maybe there could be a fuss created about the drink if it was junior cert results were given out.

Some may have been 17.. I doubt Louie would have wanted that type of people in the pub :D

It's quiet here... where have you all gone to :eek:

Anyway, I will give my opinions on the episode anyhow...

I thought the scenes with Damien/Suzanne and Mark were well acted, you could tell that Damien really was confused and the pressure of being a father and going through and seeing what his father was like really got to him.. I did laugh when Charlie said about the drink problem but then it got me thinking, is that so far off the point?

He has appeared to have become more dependent on it or maybe Suzanne drives him to it :eek:

I thought the scenes with Risk were brilliant, I laughed at Ray & Leo coming up with tactics to cheat to try to overpower Louie :eek: and you can see how seriously Louie is taking all this, I love it. :D Aww at Carol telling Louie that he is good looking... (affair please! ;))

Poor Dermot, he really doesn't deserve this.. I hope he gets to keep his job but it doesn't look good..

I felt really sorry for Bob when he was in the pub, fair play to Leo defending him, I wanted to give him a hug and I felt really sorry when nasty Zumo ripped the picture up, I felt that was cruel :(:(

Oh and offtopic wise, I have booked my tickets to see Hilda's play :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 scarpetta65

It's definitely a reference to you. They misquote a song title to make it clear, and the fact that it's Louie speaking puts it beyond doubt.

That's four uf us done. If anyone wants me, I'll be sulking in the corner with Epicurus, Deelite, and the rest of the Great Ignored.

Damn it, I missed that. What did Louis say? And has Angel come down off her cloud nine yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

What was Barry thinking asking Zumo to have a word with Bob but no rough stuff.

Bob takes a beating and the next night Zumo announces in the pub what Bob did. Can Barry not put two and two together and realise that Zumo was responsible for Bobs injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Curry chip

Damian Halpen has turned into a right pri*k

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Curry chip wrote: »

He always was.

Curry chip wrote: »

I like him, noone should feel forced into having a child they don't want. I don't want a child, if it happened, I don't think I could feel comfortable going through with it and I shouldn't be made to feel that I have to either.

I love Damien. It should be a joint decision anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

well IMO if two people are together and married they should have talked about children before getting hitched. no way would i get married if your both not thinking on the same page! just makes things soooo messy! but i suppose that's what soaps want :D

anyway

i felt really sorry for bob... aww the poor chap and his picture of larry. when he was sat on the bench in tears... i really felt for him!

well IMO if two people are together and married they should have talked about children before getting hitched. no way would i get married if your both not thinking on the same page! just makes things soooo messy! but i suppose that's what soaps want :D

anyway

i felt really sorry for bob... aww the poor chap and his picture of larry. when he was sat on the bench in tears... i really felt for him!

Also not everyone who is in a long term relationship wants children to be part of that picture, I certainly don't. I think like Damien.. we are well suited on that regard :D

Poor Bob, I felt so sorry him and his picture of Larry, I found that so upsetting, more than the beating, as you could tell how much that picture meant to him :(:(

I wouldn't mind playing a bit of risk with Louie :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I hate Damien. I have no time for anyone who shouts and roars and is aggressive or pushy. It sickens me just looking at him - even though I know it's only a soap etc etc.
    angel01 wrote: »
    I like him, noone should feel forced into having a child they don't want. I don't want a child, if it happened, I don't think I could feel comfortable going through with it and I shouldn't be made to feel that I have to either.

Doesn't excuse the behaviour though. Hopfully you wouldn't verbally abuse and physically threaten those around you regardless of the situation!

I hate Damien. I have no time for anyone who shouts and roars and is aggressive or pushy. It sickens me just looking at him - even though I know it's only a soap etc etc.

Doesn't the behaviour though. Hopfully you wouldn't verbally abuse and physically threaten those around you regardless of the situation!

Oh no, course not but I guess you have to understand both him & Suzanne are stressed, not getting on, she isn't innocent, she threw plates around and I feel sometimes tries to bait him into a reaction and plays on the fact he is afraid of turning out like his father.

I think he is different when he isn't around Suzanne and doesn't act like that around others like Charlie, Wayne, etc

Seems these days, Suzanne brings out the worst in him. It will only get worse on Sunday :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

Deise Tom wrote: »

It's true. I've just turned 19, am strangely a big fan of the show and having just received my results as well, I couldn't understand how unrealistic the plot was. Out of the many thousands of people who sat the LC this year, you'll find very few of them are still 17 unless they skipped transition year. Even so, it would be highly unlikely that they would be interested in a non-alcoholic local disco to celebrate their results anyway. The popular thing to do would most likely be getting fake ID's and going into town.

Regarding young actors in the show as well, does anyone else think that the other lad that plays alongside Doug is absolutely dreadful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Oh no, course not but I guess you have to understand both him & Suzanne are stressed, not getting on, she isn't innocent, she threw plates around and I feel sometimes tries to bait him into a reaction and plays on the fact he is afraid of turning out like his father.

I think he is different when he isn't around Suzanne and doesn't act like that around others like Charlie, Wayne, etc

Seems these days, Suzanne brings out the worst in him. It will only get worse on Sunday :eek:

I do understand they are stressed - and I still have no time for that behaviour. There is absolutely no excuse for it. Her throwing plates is just as bad. He is aggressive with Mark too.

oh yes, bit of risk with louie...............winner takes their top off....................

i was never good at risk anyway :p;)

If only Damien had married Yvonne instead of Suzanne; he'd never have had a problem regarding children.

but suzanne's voice is irritating at high pitches "DAMIEN!!!!!" she screams .. mark is right, all they do is fight :p
    maybe they both need to have affairs for it all to just explode into something more interesting! lol
    Epicurus wrote: »
    Please let have had one whilst she was in Cork at her course. Be better if she was pregnant as a result.

Has Suzanne mentioned how many weeks she's pregnant. She's back from Cork with just over 10 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Enjoyed the last few episodes. Feel particularly sorry for Bob, Dermot and Damien this week...
    Charlie and Esther wreck my head - they're the type of people I can't stand in life, mightier than thou busybodys...
    I like the path they seem to be headed down with Louie and the risk storyline - I have a feeling its a gateway storyline, to a much bigger storyline for him.

oh yes, bit of risk with louie...............winner takes their top off....................

i was never good at risk anyway :p;)

pmsl :D:D

To be honest, it won't matter if she did have an affair..judging by what happens on Sunday :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Dying with a hangover lads so bear with me I might start rambling.

Loved last nights episode but I would have loved it if Leo would have gone through the pub for a short cut when he was standing up for Bob last night. He could have said "Give him a chance - and in one breath (to Ray) "you killed your wife", (to Carol) "Golf Club", (to Dean) "Sandy", (to Barry) "Lunatic", (to Dermot) "Little Ben" and finally to (Steven behind the bar) "and don't get me started on you!!!"

• Advertisement

pmsl :D:D

To be honest, it won't matter if she did have an affair..judging by what happens on Sunday :eek:

no kidding! :( it's gonna be :(
    Charlie and Esther wreck my head - they're the type of people I can't stand in life, mightier than thou busybodys...

yes, thank you! the pair of them are just such head wreckers! charlie can sometimes be tolerable... but every word out of esther's mouth makes me wanna tell her to STFU! whingemaster9000 she is

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

deelite wrote: »

Loved last nights episode but I would have loved it if Leo would have gone through the pub for a short cut when he was standing up for Bob last night. He could have said "Give him a chance - and in one breath (to Ray) "you killed your wife", (to Carol) "Golf Club", (to Dean) "Sandy", (to Barry) "Lunatic", (to Dermot) "Little Ben" and finally to (Steven behind the bar) "and don't get me started on you!!!"

I'd love to see someone to say something along those lines to Stephen... That'd be brilliant... And the audience would have no clue what he was referring to, but it'd be great...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Damn it, I missed that. What did Louis say? And has Angel come down off her cloud nine yet?

Himself and Carol were wondering what to do to liven up the pub. She suggested karaoke, but he said he didn't want to sit through "someone slaughtering Angel".

OK, it's not the most romantic mention, but then this was last Tuesday. We hadn't invented Strip Risk yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I felt sorry for Bob last night

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

deelite wrote: »

funny that actually happened in Eastenders last night, with great effect!

Himself and Carol were wondering what to do to liven up the pub. She suggested karaoke, but he said he didn't want to sit through "someone slaughtering Angel".

OK, it's not the most romantic mention, but then this was last Tuesday. We hadn't invented Strip Risk yet.

It was still a mention and by my favourite, gutted I didn't see it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

I noticed that Stephen (behind the bar) gets to say a few words lately! It would be great if he gets to become one of the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

funny that actually happened in Eastenders last night, with great effect!

I gave up watching Eastenders when Grunt left...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What age is Suzanne and Damian suppose to be?

Surely they talked about having kids when they first got engaged

Esther and her stupid wig are doing my head in I wished one of the drunk kids or Damien would pull it off her

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Esther and her stupid wig are doing my head in I wished one of the drunk kids or Damien would pull it off her

Esther doesn't have a wig. Carol said so.

During all the excitment over the shampoo and her hair; Wayne told Carol he thought Esther had a wig, which Carol denied.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement