Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I've started doing that... Thanks... :cool:

Gosh looking at your signature, you are really into your tv shows :D You missed out Eastenders :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

Haven't watched Fair City since Billy Meehan went out of it.......never found the acting great, but, at least that storyline had a bit of substance.
    Wouldn't have a clue what was going on if I switched it on now, is Blue Dolphin still the name of the posh offices?????

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

angel01 wrote: »
    Gosh looking at your signature, you are really into your tv shows :D You missed out Eastenders :p:D

Yeah, but I've got nothing else to do these days... which leaves plenty of time for sleeping and tv... ;)
    I can't stand Eastenders... watched it for awhile a few years ago, but thought it was terribly depressing...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sophielc

I am expecting Felix will get Niamh pregnant and Paul will either have his last heart attack or kill Felix: Fair City needs a new murder!
    What's happening to Yvonne's baby anyway, didn't see her for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Haven't watched Fair City since Billy Meehan went out of it.......never found the acting great, but, at least that storyline had a bit of substance.
    Wouldn't have a clue what was going on if I switched it on now, is Blue Dolphin still the name of the posh offices?????

It's changed a lot since then. We haven't had much crime recently, but I think it's a bit funnier than it used to be. Carol and Tracey are still in it.

Blue Dolphin is long gone. Niamh is working freelance now, and Paul is attempting to be a car salesman.

• Advertisement

sophielc wrote: »
    What's happening to Yvonne's baby anyway, didn't see her for a while.

You must've missed the episode where Yvonne was attacked and killed by the Polar Bear that escaped from the zoo and ran amuck in Carrigstown... Keith managed to restrain the Polar Bear with his bare hands and with the help of Doug, Paul, Wayne and Dean they managed to wrestle it into a cage and the Polar Bear was returned to the zoo, but it was too late for Yvonne... Quite a tragic episode and the rest of Carrigstown try not to mention it at all...

So that's what happened with the baby storyline... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

You must've missed the episode where Yvonne was attacked and killed by the Polar Bear that escaped from the zoo and ran amuck in Carrigstown... ...;)

If only exciting stuff like that happened, I'd watch every episode.

Not looking forward to tonights episode..Ian leaving :(

Epicurus wrote: »

Maybe not every episode, but it wouldn't hurt having the odd Polar Bear show up every now and again...

Ian's leaving tonight? For good? Excellent... That's one less Douche floating about Carrigstown...

Ian's leaving tonight?

yes, I think
    For good?

I hope not but i would imagine so

• Advertisement

That casting agent did a good job. Replacing Keith Duffy with Alan Devine is like replacing an out of tune banjo with a Stradivarius.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Everyone will be shedding tears.

I wonder do cops normally get to move as quickly as he does. I doubt it. another piece of bad writing and bad research.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Watched the show this afternoon and am very surprised at the regular posters on this site who failed to mention the big story line development - Tracey has changed Dean into Dominic - one of the first things Dean did when Tracey got back was - made her a Sandwich

Does he need a leading lady on the stage :D:D:D

deelite wrote: »
    Watched the show this afternoon and am very surprised at the regular posters on this site who failed to mention the big story line development - Tracey has changed Dean into Dominic - one of the first things Dean did when Tracey got back was - made her a Sandwich

PMSL, I never noticed that :D:D:D

Yeah, but I've got nothing else to do these days... which leaves plenty of time for sleeping and tv... ;)
    I can't stand Eastenders... watched it for awhile a few years ago, but thought it was terribly depressing...

I think the only one I watch out of your vast list is Fair City :D

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Everyone will be shedding tears.

I wonder do cops normally get to move as quickly as he does. I doubt it. another piece of bad writing and bad research.

Doubtful but didn't Deegan get him that job anyway.. well I am just glad he is being shipped out.. wonder will we get a replacement or will Jennifer get promoted? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Mbod

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Is it just me or did Tracey look as if she has aged dramatically since her last appearance??
    I wasn't going to say anything but was thinking the same thing, wonder whats wrong :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 EDIROL

Saw Keith Duffy on stage before, he was brutal. I think that is a wise substitution.

Sick of this Kylie/Bunny Boiler stuff now at this stage. Wish she would just hurry up, skin that rabbit, cook it and f**k off (by the way those letters i blocked out were e and c, im not that crude.

Sad to see Ian go. Great actor and gorgeous. Dont fancy looking at Jennifer's face if she replaces him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

OK.....enough,enough,enough ! with Paul/Niamh....Dean/Kylie:mad: I am bored to tears with these never ending stories!!! Jeez life is just too short....wrap it up lads!! Please.......Love to send Sue Sylvester in to sort em all out!:D

Loads more of Robert/Cleo/Keith/Ray/Pete/Doug/Christy/Carol/Bob/Louis/Yvonne(minus Connie) etc....Please:D

• Advertisement

OK.....enough,enough,enough with Paul/Niamh....

agreed MS.MONEYPENNY

Less of

niamh-fair-city.jpg

and more of

000256e6-545.jpg

Preview!!

Sunday:
    Dean tries to clear his name this evening. But it may prove slightly difficult since his own Dad doesn't even believe him. He decides that the only way to deal with a freak like Kylie is to be tough, so he demands her to give him her mobile and tells her that he'll report her to the Gardai. Oooo, I'd say she's quaking in her boots. Paul announces over breakfast that he and Rachel are moving out. However, he failed to give his daughter forewarning and she gets upset.

Tuesday
    Poor Rachel, her dad has really put her through it. He hasn't been able to keep his little friend under wraps since the day she was born which has resulted in every mother like figure that's been around her, in leaving. Now the poor thing, thinks it's her fault. Kylie continues to turn the whole of Carrigstown against Dean and forces him to quit his cookery classes at the community centre. He then lies to Tracey as to why.

Wednesday
    Ok this is a funny one. Dermot suggests to Dean that he should ban himself from the community centre. *Falls off chair laughing* Is this for real? You can't ban yourself from anything, you have to be banned. Ah Dermo, yer a gas man I tells ya. But then, Kylie (with an abundance of confidence may I add) demands that Dean sleep with her in return for her leaving him alone. She's pathetic; she has to beg for someone to get in the sack?? You can pay for that sort of stuff love.

Thursday
    Well, it didn't last for very long. Leo finally believes that Kylie is a freak of nature. Tracey and Dean talk and she reveals that she knows her step daughter has issues and the pair pledge to stand strong against whatever she throws their way. Paul apologises to Felix about his behaviour towards him and Felix lets him know that there could be a chance to save his marriage with Niamh.

Review of the week in Carrigstown:

Valentines Day didn't turn out well for Niamh in Fair City. Initially. Herself and Paul realised that Rachel is behind their cards, and she was informed that they won't be getting back together any time soon. Later that day in McCoy's, Niamh and Felix bumped into each other and decided to have a drink. As they begin to share a laugh, a jealous Paul looked from the corner of his eye from the bar. That's not he had to worry about, however, as the end of the week saw him homeless.

Elsewhere, Kylie asked Leo for more sleeping pills claiming that she'd lost the last lot he gave her, before showing her true to colours to Dean (she had to parade the fact that his own father is on her side); Ian tried to get back with Sarah but Keith convinced her to send him a rude text instead; and Dean angrily confronted Kylie knowing that she knows where his passport is.

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Is it just me or did Tracey look as if she has aged dramatically since her last appearance??

Double-jobbing, I'd say.

http://www.abbeytheatre.ie/whats_on/event/825

You must've missed the episode where Yvonne was attacked and killed by the Polar Bear that escaped from the zoo and ran amuck in Carrigstown... Keith managed to restrain the Polar Bear with his bare hands and with the help of Doug, Paul, Wayne and Dean they managed to wrestle it into a cage and the Polar Bear was returned to the zoo, but it was too late for Yvonne... Quite a tragic episode and the rest of Carrigstown try not to mention it at all...

Haven't watched it in years, but, I did tune in to see that one!
    The Polar Bear was really going for it! Looked like the one they used to have in Dublin Zoo that sat in the corner rocking back & forth - guess he just finally cracked......

:D

x

Sounds a good play.

Sounds a good play.

Does doesn't it?!

The girl on the left looks the spitting image of Lacey Turner (Stacey Slater - Eastenders) in that picture.

Does doesn't it?!

The girl on the left looks the spitting image of Lacey Turner (Stacey Slater - Eastenders) in that picture.

She does :)

Sounds a good play.

I've heard great reports of it, but haven't got around to going yet. I know it's won a couple of awards.

• Advertisement

I've heard great reports of it, but haven't got around to going yet. I know it's won a couple of awards.

Would have loved to see it but unfortunatley just don't have the cash :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement