Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I recognise a question or two :D

Meet the Actors: Vicky Burke

In the last few months Kylie has had to endure a lot; the return of her father's violent behaviour, and then his unexpected death. And the betrayal of her boyfriend Dean and her step mother Tracey. Not to mention her increasingly erratic behaviour!

We put some of your questions to Vicky Burke to try to explain some of Kylie's crazy antics.
    After all Kylie has been through; do you feel it's about time the scriptwriters gave her some stories with a happy ending?
    Of course, I'd love to see some nice stuff happen to her for once, but it's more interesting to play the darker stuff.
    I have heard rumours that you are a big fan of Barcelona FC. How did that come about?
    Yes that's true! I don't know how you found that out. I've been a Barca fan for about five years now. I try to get over a couple of times a year and have seen some great games in the Camp Nou. Coming from a house of Man. Utd. fans needless to say I wasn't too popular last May.
    What's it like working with the legend Dave Duffy (Leo)?
    Dave is a legend. He is such a warm, funny man, and incredibly charismatic!
    Your father Dominic had a sandwich fetish? Is Kylie a lover of sandwiches?
    Really? No, Kylie seems to more of a burger and chips girl, but she does share a lot of character traits with her father, so you never know.
    Have you ever disliked your character for something they've done or said?
    I don't agree with a lot of the things Kylie says or does, but I try not to judge her. However, I did want to kick her for not copping on to the Dean/ Tracey affair.
    What has been your favourite Kylie storyline so far?
    A lot of my storylines have been very sad. So I don't know if I can say I enjoyed them, but I found the rape storyline very challenging.
    Who are your role models?
    I try not to put people on pedestals but there are plenty of people in my everyday life that I have a lot of admiration for.
    Kylie has gone out with Dean and had a crush on Troy. Would you like her to complete the Dowling trio and have a fling with Leo?
    Ah why not! Leo has been very good to her.
    What's it like working with Hilda Fay?
    Hilda is fantastic to work with; she's a very generous actor and person. Professionally, her work is really inspiring.
    You've been involved in some heavy storylines from rape to Dominic's abuse. What has been the most challenging storyline you have been involved in?
    I felt a lot of responsibility for the rape storyline purely because unfortunately for so many people, it's something that is all too real. I think the writers did a great job of portraying not only the horror of the event but the struggle to move on from it.
    Would you like Kylie to get back with Dean?
    Absolutely not! He doesn't love her and there is far too much baggage between them.
    Do you think that Kylie has some justification for what she is doing now considering what happened to her at Christmas, bearing in mind that drugging someone and taking them to bed is a fairly extreme way of reacting!!
    There's never any justification for drugging someone, but you do have to keep in mind that Kylie is grieving, her life is falling apart and she is having a breakdown.
    Are there any traits that you and your character share?
    Not many. Kylie is a lot more trusting than I am but I suppose one similar thing is that we both are very stubborn.
    Are you as unlucky in love as Kylie is? Do you think Kylie will meet someone nice?
    I don't think anyone could be as unlucky in love as Kyle, and am glad I don't share her relationship woes. I hope she meets someone nice, but doubt it will happen anytime soon.
    It would do wonders for Kylie's street cred if she started dating Zumo Bishop. Do you think this might happen and how would you feel about it as a storyline?
    Zumo would certainly toughen her up but I don't think it would be a very healthy relationship.
    Kylie has had some dark storylines, how do you prepare for them?
    It depends on the scene but I usually like quiet time with my ipod before an emotional scene. I like to do a lot of research too, usually by reading biographies of someone who has been through something similar.
    Who is your favourite character to work with?
    Most of my scenes are with Michael (Dean) and Hilda (Tracey), and I love working with them because after so much time you slip into a similar rhythm and it makes filming the scenes easier.
    What inspired you to become an actor?
    I don't remember any particular event or incident that made me want to be an actor, it's just all I've ever wanted to do.
    If you could be a scriptwriter, what storyline would you give Kylie?
    I'd love to see Kylie get involved with a much older man. She has serious father issues and considering her attraction to totally inappropriate men, I don't think it's that impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Excellent. They asked most of my questions.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Excellent. They asked most of my questions.

Cool, will send in a load for Hilda as I wasn't that bothered with the character of Kylie :D

I must say, I was laughing away at the sandwiches mention :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

My question got asked... crap answer though...
    Must send in a few for the Hilda Fay interview...

And if the powers that be from the Fair City website are in fact reading this thread, can you try to get us Sam Corry, Aisling O'Neill, Seamus Power or Bryan Murray after Hilda's interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

It's interesting that she is so open to the idea of Kylie having an affair with Leo, and then goes on to mention Kylie's father issues driving her in that direction. Maybe it's a hint of what's coming up?

It would be a pretty sleazy thing for Leo to do.

• Advertisement

My question got asked... crap answer though...
    Must send in a few for the Hilda Fay interview...

And if the powers that be from the Fair City website are in fact reading this thread, can you try to get us Sam Corry, Aisling O'Neill, Seamus Power or Bryan Murray after Hilda's interview?

I agree with 3 out of 4 there :D

I would like Vinny McCabe, Rachel Sarah Murphy & Alan Devine interviewed too :)

It's interesting that she is so open to the idea of Kylie having an affair with Leo, and then goes on to mention Kylie's father issues driving her in that direction. Maybe it's a hint of what's coming up?

It would be a pretty sleazy thing for Leo to do.

Make a bloody good storyline though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

angel01 wrote: »
    Make a bloody good storyline though :)

Unless she meant that by older she was going for older than that ie Cass could be in with a chance.

Unless she meant that by older she was going for older than that ie Cass could be in with a chance.

Oh God, now I am afraid that would not be watchable for me :eek:. I swear if she goes near Dermot, I will leap through that tv & strangle her... job done :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Or Charlie or Bella. Bella must be due a roll in the hay soon, going on what he was like when he joined fair city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

OK which one of ye asked the sandwich question?? Surely that's from Boards.

OK which one of ye asked the sandwich question?? Surely that's from Boards.

It just has to be :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

Kylie was such a drip of an actress until she started going completely nuts over Dean and Tracey and I actually think she is now brilliant. Total mentalist! anyone else thing it suits here better than the nicey nicey roles/?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

nellie07 wrote: »
    Kylie was such a drip of an actress until she started going completely nuts over Dean and Tracey and I actually think she is now brilliant. Total mentalist! anyone else thing it suits here better than the nicey nicey roles/?

100% agree...

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

100% agree...

Me too! Much better when she is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

I agree too. She's playing a blinder at the moment. Fair play to the writers for recognising the crazy potential in the character, and fair play to her for doing it so well.

nellie07 wrote: »

She plays it well but I hate her character, I want to slap her.

I think Rachel is such a talented actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Jayziz that young wan who plays Rachel is an awful actress.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Jayziz that young wan who plays Rachel is an awful actress.

Have to disagree but there you go.. how many times have you watched Rachel act?

I feel for her, she is stuck in the middle. :(

She plays it well but I hate her character, I want to slap her.

I think Rachel is such a talented actress.

looks like she will make paul see sense - some way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Rachel needs to get Paul off the burgers and chips. He has a heart condition and spends his days sitting in the Hungry Pig eating junk food. If he doesn't get onto the healthy food regime he won't be around long enough to raise any kids.:D
    I have to agree with Angel, she's a great actress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Kylies some nutter, shes keeping it interesting at the moment.

Im really liking Doug and His Dad, their good characters.

Paul and Rachel, whos the kid meant to be ;):rolleyes: She annoys me so much its not even funny, her and Yvonne need to disappear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Catsith

Did I hear Paul wrong or did he tell Rachel that she would have to feed, change and WALK the baby?
    What kind of baby is Yvonne carrying?

jos28 wrote: »
    Rachel needs to get Paul off the burgers and chips. He has a heart condition and spends his days sitting in the Hungry Pig eating junk food. If he doesn't get onto the healthy food regime he won't be around long enough to raise any kids.:D

Sure most of the characters eat all the time in there, not exactly a healthy ad for the show :D I don't buy the "tapas" bar restaurant and I reckon if I was a character, I wouldn't be in there either :eek:

To be honest, I don't see what Yvonne's problem was, she was only too happy for Paul & Niamh to have the baby, what is the issue with Paul having it if she wanted him to have it in the first place??

jos28 wrote: »

Anyone ever notice in the pre hungry pig days when they went it the place that was there before it (cant think of its name) they were eating salads etc. Louis opens a fast food outlet and they go eating junk food. I thought in todays age, that people would have more sense than to be doing this.

Have to disagree but there you go.. how many times have you watched Rachel act?
    (

Well I don't see every single episode but I'm a regular Fair City viewer and I've never seen her anywhere else....I'll agree to disagree!

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Anyone ever notice in the pre hungry pig days when they went it the place that was there before it (cant think of its name) they were eating salads etc. Louis opens a fast food outlet and they go eating junk food. I thought in todays age, that people would have more sense than to be doing this.

The one thing I always wonder....what exactly does Dermot do in that office in the Community Centre all day....and who exactly pays him?:D

Deise Tom wrote: »

Lol, wasn't it the Bistro.. they were healthier in those days :D They go to the Community Centre to have a cup of tea, why not just go home for one (seeing as they all live so local!)

• Advertisement

Laois_Man wrote: »
    The one thing I always wonder....what exactly does Dermot do in that office in the Community Centre all day....and who exactly pays him?:D

He is the manager of the centre, lots of meetings here there and everywhere :D I guess the board of the centre do, like they pay Kylie and the lovely lady that pours the cups of tea :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement