Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Im loving psycho Kylie, hate Dean so loving watching him squirm.

Paul, Niamh, Rachel and Sean...........please fcuk off and die in a freak yachting accident!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Paul, Niamh, Rachel and Sean...........please fcuk off and die in a freak yachting accident!

PAUL: "Get on board and stop bitching, Niamh. You'd swear you'd never seen a yacht with a pet polar bear before."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Really great episode tonight!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Paul's gonna kick Robert out! Where will Robert go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Mbod

Mmmmmmm Roberto at the moment a brush handle could replace him on set so I think he should move in with Zumo, he would be an excellent influence on him, Robert developes an expensive powder habit and becomes the life and sole of the party in Mc Coys, oh we need a new name for the pub too any suggestions :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

He could either take Pauls place and get with Niamh or Leo is rattling around that big house of his on his own. I'm sure he could move in there.
    Mbod wrote: »
    , Robert developes an expensive powder habit and becomes the life and sole of the party in Mc Coys,

I would hate this to happen. I like Robert as he is and any movement towards this would ruin his character.
    oh we need a new name for the pub too any suggestions :confused:

Leave it as it shur. With Malachy gone, McCoys is the last link to that great era of Kay McCoy. We need to preserve the history of Carrigstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

How about renaming the pub "The Fair City" or the FC Arms, or even the Fair City Inn, Why should we want to preserve the mccoy name? What was so special about Kay McCoy? She couldn't even act!!!!

rogercar wrote: »
    How about renaming the pub "The Fair City" or the FC Arms, or even the Fair City Inn, Why should we want to preserve the mccoy name? What was so special about Kay McCoy? She couldn't even act!!!!

What was special about Kay McCoy you ask :eek:

Without Kay, you'd have had no Lorcan and hence no Carol. No Carol would be disaster and also would mean no Christy and Carol.

We've a lot to thank Kay McCoy for. :D

In those days Carole had nothing to do with Kay McCoy or McCoys pub. Carol was the girlfriend of Billy Meehan and she was working in his pub, The Galley.She inherited the Galley when he died. Eventually CAB moved in. If you're suggesting that Kay introduced us to Carol and Lorcan, I think you're mistaken as I believe that honour went to Billy Meehan. We have the late great Billy Meehan to thank for giving us the equally great Carol. I know at some point Kay & Malachy adopted or fostered Lorcan, but I'm sure it was B.Meehan who introduced us to Carole.

You could be right rogercar. I'm a little hazy on the precise details surrounding Lorcans enterance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

In those days Carole had nothing to do with Kay McCoy or McCoys pub. Carol was the girlfriend of Billy Meehan and she was working in his pub, The Galley.She inherited the Galley when he died. Eventually CAB moved in. If you're suggesting that Kay introduced us to Carol and Lorcan, I think you're mistaken as I believe that honour went to Billy Meehan. We have the late great Billy Meehan to thank for giving us the equally great Carol. I know at some point Kay & Malachy adopted or fostered Lorcan, but I'm sure it was B.Meehan who introduced us to Carole.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Kay and Malachy fostered Lorcan first, and thats when Carol first showed up.......before Billy Meehan was in the show?

+1 :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I love Kay McCoy, legend in Fair City terms, if you can't see what was so important about her.. are you sure you are a Fair City fan :eek:

Eradicate wrote: »
    Really great episode tonight!:D

Missed it last night, will tune in this afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

If Paul took over as owner of the pub, with the permission of Podge and Rodge he could call it The Stickit Inn. This is something he has had vast experience in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Can somebody do me a favour and put up a picture of louie and a picture of that Garda fella who went to Mayo (cant remember his name) side by side please - I think they could be brothers or else I've a really bad hangover...

deelite wrote: »
    Can somebody do me a favour and put up a picture of louie and a picture of that Garda fella who went to Mayo (cant remember his name) side by side please - I think they could be brothers or else I've a really bad hangover...

Louie:

00021927-279.jpg

Ian:

000240ef-279.jpg

This weeks preview:

0003059f-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 33

Tuesday 23rd February

Vinos comes to the attention of the Irish Independent; with her burgeoning bump Yvonne struggles to plan an outfit fit for publicity.
    Rachel's world is turned askew when Paul announces a move. How will she take Yvonne's adoption plans?
    Kylie blackmails Dean And Sarah plots a seduction!

000305a0-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 34

Wednesday 24th February

Kylie has an indecent proposal for Dean.
    As Suzanne prepares Vinos for its newspaper exclusive, Yvonne struggles with her pregnancy. Can Paul persuade Yvonne to be more hands on?
    Dean finally comes clean to Tracey; but if his own father won't believe him, can he expect his girlfriend to?
    Paul and Rachel prepare for their future; can Niamh move on without them?

000305a1-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 35

Thursday 25th February

Yvonne's obsession with her bump and maternity wear shows no sign of abating.
    Keith double books for the weekend. Who will he let down, Sarah or Ray?
    Holes begin to appear in Kylie's stories; Leo grows suspicious.
    Paul and Yvonne make a deal, in spite of Yvonne's demanding terms!

000305a2-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 36

Sunday 28th February

Yvonne becomes the unwanted focus of a nosey journalist.
    Paul and Niamh call a family meeting; causing upset to Sean and Rachel.
    Ray finds that three really is a crowd.
    Felix expresses concern over Niamh's ultimatum.
    Kylie loses allies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Kay and Malachy fostered Lorcan first, and thats when Carol first showed up.......before Billy Meehan was in the show?

I'm of the same thinking as you.

Niamh & Yvonne at the IFTA's - Interview here (you need real player and have to play it with internet explorer) Lana is featured too!!

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2010/0221/iftrasredcarpet2010_av.html?2705304,null,228

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I'm of the same thinking as you.

That is exactly what happened.

I'm not an avid fan, only ever watch FC when my favourite characters are in it. I generally check weekly review & decide if it's worth watching or sometimes just watch Tuesdays episode, then have an idea what the rest of the weeks episodes will be like, so have probably missed out on some storylines. Thought Yvonne looked great at the IFTAS.

It'd be great if that girl Dean gave the flowers to last night, Candice or something, took it up wrong and started stalking him as well. Herself and Kylie working together.

Plus it would give her a storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The Vicky Burke (Kylie) interview is going up on the RTÉ website tomorrow, apparently (according to my sources)... Did anyone send in any questions? I sent a question in?

Who would we like to see interviewed next? Personally I'd like Sam Corry (Robert), Alan O'Neill (Keith) or Bryan Murray (Bob)...

^^^

I sent in a few as well. Wouldnt mind Sam Corry either. Aisling O'Neill (Carol) and Seamus Power (Dermot) I'd like as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Epicurus wrote: »
    Seamus Power (Dermot) I'd like as well

Is there any truth to the story that Dermots mother in Fair City is also his real life mother? I believe she appeared on the show a few times.... :confused:

angel01 wrote: »
    Niamh & Yvonne at the IFTA's - Interview here (you need real player and have to play it with internet explorer) Lana is featured too!!

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2010/0221/iftrasredcarpet2010_av.html?2705304,null,228

Kinda puzzled by these:confused: Why was Turlough up for an award, he was only in it for a short while? or was it a snub to the other actors by IFTA? just found it odd. Thought it a wee bit unfair that Fair City should be up against The Tudors and The Clinic. Id imagine they have bigger budgets and more time.

For Irelands answer to the Oscars I thought Yvonne looked lovely but Niamh could have made a better effort, imo.

The Vicky Burke (Kylie) interview is going up on the RTÉ website tomorrow, apparently (according to my sources)... Did anyone send in any questions? I sent a question in?

Who would we like to see interviewed next? Personally I'd like Sam Corry (Robert), Alan O'Neill (Keith) or Bryan Murray (Bob)...

I didn't bother. I would like Carol or Tracey interviewed next, then Louie, Niamh and Bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Mbod

chughes wrote: »
    If Paul took over as owner of the pub, with the permission of Podge and Rodge he could call it The Stickit Inn. This is something he has had vast experience in :D

Best suggestion so far :P

• Advertisement

Yay! They finally pick a well worthy cast member to send in questions for :D

This month we will be interviewing Hilda Fay, who plays Tracey McGuigan.

Since moving to Carrigstown Tracey has earnestly tried to move on from her dark days of prostitution, drug addiction and being the former lover of the infamous Billy Meehan. She briefly found happiness with husband Dominic and step-daughter Kylie, but after that union turned violent the marriage ended. She then betrayed Kylie by falling in love and beginning an affair with her boyfriend Dean!

If you would like to ask Hilda anything please email your questions to faircity@rte.ie, with subject line, 'Hilda Fay interview'.
    We will select the best questions and put them to her.
    The deadline for questions is Friday 19th of March.

Has Tracey finally found true love with Dean? Will she ever be able to move away from her victim status? Is there any hope of salvaging a relationship with step-daughter Kylie?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement