Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

unleaded in Texaco Roxboro was 167.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Should have posted this link earlier :o sorry
    Looks like there is a drop as predicted by Hammertime over on the motoring forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056760770

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Kess73 wrote: »
    Two of the stations in Tipp town were 166.9 (on the Cashel road side of Tipp town) and 164.9 (Limerick road side) for unleaded today so that is better than anywhere in Limerick.

Topaz on the Ballysimon road was 171.9 tonight and the Topaz by the Regional hospital was 174.9

Limerick side of Tipp Town is now 166.9, he's starting to creep up...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

Two of the stations in Tipp town were 166.9 (on the Cashel road side of Tipp town) and 164.9 (Limerick road side) for unleaded today so that is better than anywhere in Limerick.

is that the unbranded place or pierces

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Petrol was 163.9 in Chawkes yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

flutered wrote: »

is that the unbranded place or pierces

The unbranded one in on the Limerick road and the other one I think is Maxol on the Cashel road.. Pierse is 169.9 for petrol..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Amber in Monaleen is 161.9 today

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Pure Mule

What bugs me is Centra in Newport are charging 154.9 for unleaded so every other retailer is taking the mickey

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 3 stations on the Dock Road were still 169.9 for unleaded and 159.9 for diesel, this evening. Not so fast at putting it down as they are at putting it up.

Pure Mule wrote: »
    What bugs me is Centra in Newport are charging 154.9 for unleaded so every other retailer is taking the mickey
    Really?

• Advertisement

So, my little amber friend is back, are the pumps in Dooradoyle/Raheen/Dock Road all still stuck at 169.9 for unleaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Pure Mule wrote: »

Anything on this, folks? Surely that has to be a diesel price.

langdang wrote: »
    So, my little amber friend is back, are the pumps in Dooradoyle/Raheen/Dock Road all still stuck at 169.9 for unleaded?

Anything from 168.9 to 174.9 for the areas you mentioned.

Amber in Monaleen is still 161.9

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Amber at watchhouse cross - deisel 154.9

Anything on this, folks? Surely that has to be a diesel price.
    I'd imagine so, there'd be photo's in the paper of the queues otherwise.

Monaleen, (Always hear Thin Lizzy's "Rosalie" in my head when I think of Monaleen :confused::o ) is outta my way. Big fill is on payday, just need a splash until then.

She knows music
    I know music too, you see
    She got the power
    The teen queen, Monaleen, Monaleen ...

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

petrol 162.9ltr at Newcastle Wesht stations today.

Grrr, ended up paying 169.9. Patrickswell.
    Just enough to get me to payday tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭phog

Amber @ Watch house Cross - Petrol is 165.9 and Diesel is 155.9

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Amber in Monaleen is 161.9 today

second that DH got his petrol there this lunch time. But the Manager told my DH it is going up again next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Chawkes, Dublin Rd. today: 155.9/163.9

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

162.9 at the emo on Clare st. 154.9 for daysul

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Any idea of cheapest petrol around town today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Any idea of cheapest petrol around town today?
    Emo Clare st was 165.9 last night.

1.629 at O'Rourkes Cross on Sunday, cent or 2 higher in Charleville.
    I was rewarded with a free cup of machine coffee for a full tank, not sure if everyone gets that or did I set a daily record for most petrol. :):o:(
    Twas 164.9 in Topaz Singland road on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭molard

At regional hospital.petrol was 1.74 and people were buying it.some people have money to burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Statoil groody 159.9 petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Matched now by the other at groody and Chawkes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

zuroph wrote: »
    Statoil groody 159.9 petrol

Found this gem today, I had been getting fleeced at mulgrave street because I stupidly thought it was the only place that topped up gas cards and I like to do both on pay day, changed to the dublin road this Thursday when I foudn out they do them too. Great fun watching the pennies these days, tis almost like a challenge, seeing what you can cut back on, the fiver has become valuable.

molard wrote: »
    At regional hospital.petrol was 1.74 and people were buying it.some people have money to burn.

a full 15 cent a litre more expensive that the cheapest service station in the city. Even if a person has a medium sized car they would be saving between €6 and €7.50 every time they went for a full tank.

Just find it mad that someone would be happy to spend that much or more extra on a fill when they don't have to. No wonder the price stays at a rip off level when there are so many idiots willing to pay through the nose. The same people probably complain about the house tax etc yet are willing to hand over way more over the course of a year at a station that is the most expensive in Limerick on a very regular basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Someone should park up with a trailer saying you could get petrol cheaper elsewhere and list the places that are cheaper...I wonder if they would reduce their prices then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement