Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Fools and their money soon part.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Driving up to Tipp town today, Dromkeen was 163.9 as was Pallasgreen and Monard but Oola was 162.9

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

158.9 for petrol, 153.9 for deeazul today at Garveys in Newcastle Wesht.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

petrol 161.9 roxboro road

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Still 158.8 or 158.9 at at least two stations in NCW today. Sorry, didn't take note of diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

markauto wrote: »
    <snip>

Mark, this is the Limerick forum. We're not driving to Tallaght for our petrol/diesel. Please stop advertising your company here.

Today as I was coming home from Tipp town Dromkeen petrol was 160.0, Oola 159.9 and in Pallasgreen it was 157.9

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

gormans shop in granagh tonight petrol was 157.9 and diesel [i think] was 1.54.9

also same prices in newcastle west in the filling station next to the hotel on the way in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Chawkes texaco 157.9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

157.9 at the emo on clare street too ;)

• Advertisement

157.9 in Monaleen and in the two petrol stations on the Dublin Road. It still baffles me how in town it is 163.9. Was surprised even today to see Vincent Jennings at 163.9 as well.

Good to see that petrol has come down somewhat but for how long?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

angeleyes wrote: »
    157.9 in Monaleen and in the two petrol stations on the Dublin Road. It still baffles me how in town it is 163.9. Was surprised even today to see Vincent Jennings at 163.9 as well.

Good to see that petrol has come down somewhat but for how long?

If you think 163.9 is bad, then have a look at the price of unleaded in Dooradoyle. 169.9 in the Topaz beside the hospital. 12 cent a litre more expensive than the cheapest stations in town.

I love highlighting that station because the price of fuel there is always far more expensive than the cheapest stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

155.9 petrol, 153.9 deeazul, All garages in Newcastle Wesht

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Still 166.9 in pierse's in Tipp Town, 2 miles out the Limerick road 159.9 in Monard...

Magnum wrote: »
    Still 166.9 in pierse's in Tipp Town, 2 miles out the Limerick road 159.9 in Monard...

and 157.9 in Oola and Pallasgreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Kess73 wrote: »
    If you think 163.9 is bad, then have a look at the price of unleaded in Dooradoyle. 169.9 in the Topaz beside the hospital. 12 cent a litre more expensive than the cheapest stations in town.

I love highlighting that station because the price of fuel there is always far more expensive than the cheapest stations.

The rest of them in Dooradoyle/Raheen/Dock Road weren't too far behind yesterday - 165+-. I only needed a splash but for a full tank will definitely be making my way elsewhere.

I was driving on the Dublin Road today and both petrol stations had the same price for both diesel and petrol i.e. 157.9

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

why is that place so expensive??

its like that station on the quays up in dublin a few years back that was over-priced too...come to think of it think that was Topaz as well:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

fryup wrote: »
    why is that place so expensive??

its like that station on the quays up in dublin a few years back that was over-priced too...come to think of it think that was Topaz as well:confused:

one in dublin had the contract for the cop cars.
    think the one in raheen may have the ambulance contract?

Yes but neither pay the retail price afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

zuroph wrote: »

The owner of the Dooradoyle station was just as expensive when he was involved elsewhere years ago, and long before he ended up where he is now(the current site used to be the Ambassador Esso site and had a different owner)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

cmurph wrote: »
    gormans shop in granagh tonight petrol was 157.9 and diesel [i think] was 1.54.9

154.9 for petrol today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Same as the one in Tipperary (Pierse's) Garda and ambulance contract afaik...

For anyone interested diesel is 153.9 at Tesco this evening. Unleaded is 160.9 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

159.9 at Rourkes cross, 161.9 at the amber station in charleville. 165.9 in both spots in patrickswell. 162.9 along dock road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

157.9 two at groody, and chawkes

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭daveob007

The owner of the Dooradoyle station was just as expensive when he was involved elsewhere years ago, and long before he ended up where he is now(the current site used to be the Ambassador Esso site and had a different owner)
    he is just a greedy bastard then simple as that...

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭daveob007

i have up till recently getting my petrol at great gas on the ennis rd but find it only lasts a few days compared to more expensive stations,i put in a tenner and it gone by the next day after a few school runs but lasts longer,even 2 days when bought from topaz or anywhere else,,are they using poor quality petrol?
    anyone else find this??/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Getting great mileage out of the amber at watchhouse cross, which tends to be the cheapest around too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

It is 149.9 for diesel there at the moment!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement