Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭ManMade

€1.70.8 at Texaco Shankill cant believe what Im seeing we are in serious trouble
    Taxes are going only one way and when people start driving less they'll up it again to make up the downfall in revenue. I predict 2.50 a liter at the end of 2013 if not higher. *Sigh* they need the money says the gov in normal speak noonans going to keep dipping his grubby fingers into your pocket ever time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

ManMade wrote: »
    Taxes are going only one way and when people start driving less they'll up it again to make up the downfall in revenue. I predict 2.50 a liter at the end of 2013 if not higher. *Sigh* they need the money says the gov in normal speak noonans going to keep dipping his grubby fingers into your pocket ever time

Yeah with his evil grin and laugh hate them bas***ds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

one by regional is now 174.9 :O

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

12 off-topic posts moved to a new thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056736950
    If anyone else feels like starting an off-topic bitching session that goes against the spirit of a thread, please just start a blog about it and save us the bother of cleaning up the mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

12 off-topic posts moved to a new thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056736950
    If anyone else feels like starting an off-topic bitching session that goes against the spirit of a thread, please just start a blog about it and save us the bother of cleaning up the mess.

What has your own post 768 on this thread about facebook got to do with the current price of petrol then?

Pot, kettle, black:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Not Limerick related but petrol in Doolin today was 173.9, insanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

177.9 next to regional hospital

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

177.9 next to regional hospital

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It's crazy when you compare it to the prices on page 11! :eek:

It'll back to the bike for me come September! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

€1.64 in Carlow (Esso on the Dublin Rd.)

Filled the tank there before I came back home to Limerick. We're getting screwed here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

167.9 at Tesco, 169.9 Topaz Ennis Road, 170.9 topaz thomondgate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

got it today for 167.9 in the 2nd topaz dock rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

NCW update - garveys centra is 166.9, other stations in town are a cent more I think. The station out the road towards Limerick is 166.8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I've got an idea for all of us here who use this thread. We can do this as a once off on a Saturday, if all of us together at one time use the cheapest petrol station in Limerick, say there was 10 of us etc.. thats 500 quid towards that station, see how it works and if it buids up over time maybe it may have an effect on other petrol stations. What y'all think?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

166.8 at the Applegreen outside Newcastle West.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

padma wrote: »
    I've got an idea for all of us here who use this thread. We can do this as a once off on a Saturday, if all of us together at one time use the cheapest petrol station in Limerick, say there was 10 of us etc.. thats 500 quid towards that station, see how it works and if it buids up over time maybe it may have an effect on other petrol stations. What y'all think?

dont see the point tbh, maby if we got some sort of discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This is a breakdown of fuel prices in this country:

petrol-take.jpg

If people want to protest against high fuel costs then it needs to start outside Leinster House. While shopping around for the best price is prudent, high taxation on fuel by consecutive governments is the main culpret.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

On the dock rd this evening.
    Great Gas
    P- 169.9
    D- 159.9
    Topaz with Supermacs attached
    P- 169.9
    D- 159.9
    Topaz nearest Shannon Bridge
    P - 171.9
    D - 161.9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Got petrol in amber in watchhouse cross 2 days ago at 167.9 anyway, seems to be the cheapest around still.

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    Anyone?

Think it is a good idea. If people give business to the stations that stay competitive in terms of pricing, then the extra income will allow those stations to stay competitive, and it will be up to the more expensive sites to follow suit or do without that business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Kess73 wrote: »
    Think it is a good idea. If people give business to the stations that stay competitive in terms of pricing, then the extra income will allow those stations to stay competitive, and it will be up to the more expensive sites to follow suit or do without that business.

I just missed out on Texaco Roxboro the other night so I had to go to the Topaz around the corner , first time in a long time I only put a tenner into the car .

164.9 for Unleaded at the discount fuel station on the right side of the road as you enter Tipp town from the Limerick side.

Cheapest I have seen unleaded in a bit. Passed it about 60 minutes or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

169.9 at tesco
    167.9 emo Clare Street
    171.9 Topaz Ennis Road (both of them)
    169.9 O'Brien Kelly's Ennis Road

:( Expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭phog

169.9 at tesco
    167.9 emo Clare Street
    171.9 Topaz Ennis Road (both of them)
    169.9 O'Brien Kelly's Ennis Road

:(Expensive

Still a tad cheaper around Limerick than mosty of the country, I was in Galway and Dublin the last few days and it's about 5c a litre more expensive there.

phog wrote: »
    Still a tad cheaper around Limerick than mosty of the country, I was in Galway and Dublin the last few days and it's about 5c a litre more expensive there.

Two of the stations in Tipp town were 166.9 (on the Cashel road side of Tipp town) and 164.9 (Limerick road side) for unleaded today so that is better than anywhere in Limerick.

Topaz on the Ballysimon road was 171.9 tonight and the Topaz by the Regional hospital was 174.9

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Both the maxol and topaz stations on the Dublin road are 169.9 for petrol and 159.9 for diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Diesel in Amber on Old Cork Road is 158.9 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Nice to see a drop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Diesel in kilcornan was 149.9 last Saturday... That place was closed down not too long ago so surely theres nothing dodgy???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement