Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel coming down over weekend/Monday

Options
  • 21-09-2012 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

Should be around the 3 or 4 cent a liter mark

Just in case anyone is filling up today/tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭cena

Even better if it went down alot more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Will definitely fumes it until then.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Noticed it coming down in the last couple of days alright. That's cool!

Will wait a couple of days before filling her up!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Just paid €116 to fill the tank this morning :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Good to know, the price of it has been an absolute joke for the past while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Why are you driving a tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

got diesel for 157.9 this morning, maybe coulda waited another day but thats a couple cent cheaper than it was

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Any reason for the reduction, wonder how long that will last

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭flutered

Soarer wrote: »
    Will definitely fumes it until then.

aroound these parts the use the term vincent de paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

sweetie wrote: »
    got diesel for 157.9 this morning, maybe coulda waited another day but thats a couple cent cheaper than it was

Tis always that in my local, so can't wait to see what it falls to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Hammertime wrote: »
    Should be around the 3 or 4 cent a liter mark

Just in case anyone is filling up today/tomorrow

3-4 cent a litre? Nice.... take that venuzela!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I wonder will it come down again later on.
    Does anyone think the kerosene will come down soon? Need to fill up my tank for the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Have to go to work in the morning, the to dublin in the evening and the light is about to come on in my car :(.
    Well, at least this is good news. Are you fairly sure that it will come down? I know that the current tank(s) of local stock will have to be sold at the original purchase price first, though....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Wonder how long it will stay done for, over €80 in the other day, and only fill her every couple weeks.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

cadaliac wrote: »
    Have to go to work in the morning, the to dublin in the evening and the light is about to come on in my car :(.
    Well, at least this is good news. Are you fairly sure that it will come down? I know that the current tank(s) of local stock will have to be sold at the original purchase price first, though....

It's amazing that they don't have to sell it off when the price is going up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Does anyone think the kerosene will come down soon? Need to fill up my tank for the winter.

Kero is due to come down about 3c from monday(ish) am not sure on the longer term forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

balls and heres me just after filling up.... unleaded is 171.9 still in clifden:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭cena

serious3 wrote: »
    balls and heres me just after filling up.... unleaded is 171.9 still in clifden:mad:

There a place that is selling petrol for 1.76

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Too bad. Just think what you could have done with that €2...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Vicxas wrote: »

Not long at all....It's a joke...

It will only come down about 2 cent,maybe 3......It will probably take 4-6 weeks for it to happen.

Then it will go back up by about 8 cent..

Usual story...Nothing ever changes.

They'll find a tayto bag on a far-away planet somewhere,,and start fighting over it,and then use that to justify raising the price of fuel again.

They have all the excuses,,and aren't afraid to use them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Mine went down 5 cent a litre, yesterday, back up a cent today, decrease won't last long folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

140 notes to fill the 7er now. :eek:

Take that yiz pussies. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vectrahed

up and down like a yoyo

ill stick to me push bike thanks very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Briskit

I bought 1300 litres of Kero this week... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Off topic but diesel/marked gas oil is much more efficient if your boiler and flue are suitable for it.

Any reduction is good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Euro's strengthened a fair bit against the dollar in the past week or so, mainly due to the ECB committing to buy an unlimited amount of government bonds.

Remains to be seen how this will all pan out, but for now it's good news for the European motorist as oil priced in dollars has become proportionately cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

green diesel is the way forward

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Why are you driving a tank?

Why would you brim a car. You are going to use more fuel and blunt your cars performance, You are effectively throwing a keg of guinness in the boot as its the same weight. Makes sense if you are not going to be near a petrol station but i cant see the reasoning if people pass by stations regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

jsd1004 wrote: »
    Why would you brim a car. You are going to use more fuel and blunt your cars performance, You are effectively throwing a keg of guinness in the boot as its the same weight. Makes sense if you are not going to be near a petrol station but i cant see the reasoning if people pass by stations regularly.

I was making a joke but the difference in weight made by fuel is negligible in a road car. If you decide to take your McClaren F1 car for a spin it might make a bit of difference but not in your average car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Euro's strengthened a fair bit against the dollar in the past week or so, mainly due to the ECB committing to buy an unlimited amount of government bonds.

Remains to be seen how this will all pan out, but for now it's good news for the European motorist as oil priced in dollars has become proportionately cheaper.

That....and the Feds commitment to quantitive easing to the tune of 30 billion a month weakening the dollar ....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement