Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You put in random letters for the name, but then put in valid credit card details???? :eek:

You made a major mistake. As the Ryanair T&Cs say, no refund. You may have learned a very very expensive lesson here.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Report your credit card stolen, tis the only way. But WTF :(

Credit card fraud, for a start, and won't work if you used the card afterwards at all, especially if you needed to enter your pin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Paulw wrote: »
    You put in random letters for the name, but then put in valid credit card details???? :eek:

You made a major mistake. As the Ryanair T&Cs say, no refund. You may have learned a very very expensive lesson here.
    And then clicked are you sure button and went through the five screens to buy it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I'm a little, OK very, surprised this happened, you don't have to go anywhere near the payment page to find out the total cost. Also if your payment went through it means you actually put in valid info for the payment.

If you didn't put in valid info for the payment surely the transaction will be cancelled as it's not your name or address on the receipt.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Do distance selling rules apply to buying things like this on the net?

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    Do distance selling rules apply to buying things like this on the net?

No, they don't apply for air travel purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 4theVoiceless

Has anyone out there succeeded in getting RyanAir to refund the price of a flight and it's fees for a flight not yet taken?
    I've paid for a flight for this coming June but I have to cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

If the flight is canceled yes.
    If you have to cancel your flight not a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 4theVoiceless

Has anyone out there succeeded in getting RyanAir to refund the price of a flight and it's fees for a flight not yet taken?

I've paid for a €1,300 (5 passengers) flight for this coming June but I have to cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭userod

I've paid for a €1,300 (5 passengers) flight for this coming June but I have to cancel it.

Watch the first 8 seconds of this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

no you wont get refunded im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into the Ryanair Megathread

OP - your only real chance is contacy Ryanair, explaining the huge mistake and appeal to them to cancel theflight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Maybe try calling and saying it was mistake. Won't normally work but given that it was only in the last coup,e of hours it's worth a try.

The flights can be changed for a fee if that's an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Hello folks. Looking for some information on behalf of my parents. Due to illness they are unable to fly with Ryanair in July (or for the forseable future) and are looking for a cancelation notice to satisfy a claim on thier Travel Insurance.

The travel insurance company are looking for a notice of cancelation and as far as we are aware Ryanair do not issue cancelation notices and as anyone that has had problems with them before knows it is impossible to get into contact wth them.

Has anyone here had similar problems and found a resolution. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mods if you feel this thread is better suited elsewhere please feel free to move it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think they are making the wrong claim. A flight cancellation notice would be for a cancelled flight, which I assume it has not been as of yet. Since the claim is one of medical reasons, then how or why would an airline be able to certify that your parents are medically unable to fly? It's a doctor's certification that they need, not an airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

What did Ryanair say when you rang them? You did ring them, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into Ryanair Megathread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

I have friends in France who were to travel to see us in Ireland. He was due an operation and the social security said he couldn't travel in case he was called to attend hospital (as an aside, would that happen in Ireland? ;))

Anyway, he got a statement from Ryanair that he hadn't travelled on the flight intended and his insurance co accepted it. Ryanair wants a €20 admin fee to issue the letter!!

Apart from having to hassle both Ryanair to issue the letter and his ins co to get their finger out he managed to get it sorted.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

BarryM wrote: »
    I have friends in France who were to travel to see us in Ireland. He was due an operation and the social security said he couldn't travel in case he was called to attend hospital (as an aside, would that happen in Ireland? ;))

Anyway, he got a statement from Ryanair that he hadn't travelled on the flight intended and his insurance co accepted it. Ryanair wants a €20 admin fee to issue the letter!!

Apart from having to hassle both Ryanair to issue the letter and his ins co to get their finger out he managed to get it sorted.

B
    Did they pay the 20 euro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

axer wrote: »
    Did they pay the 20 euro?

Yes, with a € cheque written in France, on my advice.... Serves RyR right, I wonder what they actually got for it?? They put the €20 on the insurance claim.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Still no sign of a seat sale, not even their usual 'no extra charges/taxes' sale. The flights I've been looking at are now €240 (were €130 a few weeks ago) so really hoping for sale soon or I'm be staying put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭SandyfordGuy

There is a seat sale on right now for flights Between Stansted and Dublin, all flights in June 1 Euro or 1 Pound with no taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭opa01_2000

Research conducted by London's Daily Telegraph this week showed how the cost of a flight with a low-cost airline can escalate during the booking process. We searched for the cheapest return flights from London to Madrid for a family of four travelling on the same dates in August with two checked bags, a set of golf clubs and a travel cot, and paying using a debit card.

Ryanair and easyJet offered similar fares: £271.92 and £275.92, respectively, while British Airways' best offer was £476.20. However, once Ryanair's online check-in fees (£48), luggage fees (£80, plus £80 for golf clubs and £20 for the travel cot), administration fees (£48), and the new delay/cancellation levy (£16) were added, its flights cost £563.92, nearly £100 more than BA's. easyJet's extras added £111.25.

Should a family want to ensure they sit together, priority boarding costs £32 with Ryanair, or £80 with easyJet. BA allows passengers to choose their seats free of charge.

BA's luggage allowance is also 8kg greater than Ryanair's, and 3kg more generous than easyJet's, and BA offers free snacks and drinks, while its low-cost rivals charge nearly £5 for a sandwich and more than £2 for a cup of tea.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/fees-make-budget-airlines-more-expensive-than-fullservice-rivals-20110509-1efg9.html#ixzz1Lrd6xCf3

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

There is a seat sale on right now for flights Between Stansted and Dublin, all flights in June 1 Euro or 1 Pound with no taxes.

Also to Luton, but there is an on-line check-in fee of €6. How they get away with that is beyond me. You pay them to complete and print out your own boarding card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Can someone oplease tell me what the Delay/Cancel Levy:2.00EUR

is actually for?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Can someone oplease tell me what the Delay/Cancel Levy:2.00EUR

is actually for?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/mar/30/ryanair-levy-compensation-eu261

Ryanair adds €2 levy to cover EU rules on compensation

Ryanair said the charge will fund the 'unfair and discriminatory' payouts to passengers facing delays or cancellations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Hi guys,

According to the Ryanair website the only way to get a full refund is if you produce a death cert proving someone close has died. Would it be a bad idea to forge a death cert or change the date on a real one? Would you say Ryanair actually give more than a glance at it?

I've already gotten passed their 5 euro credit card charge per person per direction with €2000 of Blanchardstown vouchers so I'm optimistic about this.

What you's think?

Thanks, Carl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 forensic

Well I think this sounds like a wind up....

If it's not a wind up then I'd say it's probably illegal to fake any kind of death cert, no matter what you want to use it for.

Some people might applaud you for thinking outside the box.

I'm not one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Riiiiight. It's not a wind up btw for anyone else who might have an idea. Also we can get a doctors note for pretty much anything (except death :D )

Advertisement