Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Have you tried printing it again via the 'Manage your booking' section of the website? Maybe wait a while and try layer, you have up to 4 hours before departure to reprint free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Dan133269 wrote: »
      Just bought flight with Ryanair, when I checked in online only the boarding card for the outbound flight comes up, it won't display the return flight. what do I do? I said I'd post this here first because last time I tried to contact Ryanair they didn't answer the phone, I tried for 3 days.

did you scroll down? its on the same page.

1. Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

I have twice in recent months had to phone their customer service/ help number and each time was pleasantly surprised at how smooth it all was, no great delay, nice chap to talk to, good advice etc. Mind you they close at 7pm I think, maybe that was the problem?

2. Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

christy c wrote: »
      Maybe the return flight is outside the 15 day time limit, or else you didn't click "check in for return flight" when checking in, if this is the case go back in to online checkin, you may have to re-enter your passport details.

Thanks Christy that's what it is, outside the 15 day limit. I didn't know that existed, they only say "can be reprinted up until 4 hours before the flight" but no mention of 15 days beforehand until you go searching. Once again, boards has the answer ;)

3. Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭nompere

Dan133269 wrote: »
      Thanks Christy that's what it is, outside the 15 day limit. I didn't know that existed, they only say "can be reprinted up until 4 hours before the flight" but no mention of 15 days beforehand until you go searching. Once again, boards has the answer ;)

So does the Ryanair website, under the heading of "How do I check-in online?"

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/how-do-i-check-in-online

It's not exactly hidden.

4. Advertisement
    5. Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

and on the email that tells you to check in
      IN ORDER TO TRAVEL YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CHECK-IN ONLINE AND PRESENT AT THE AIRPORT YOUR ONLINE BOARDING PASS AND VALID ACCEPTED TRAVEL DOCUMENT, PASSENGERS WHO DO NOT PRESENT A BOARDING PASS AT THE AIRPORT WILL BE CHARGED A RE-ISSUE PENALTY OF EUR40/GBP40(each boarding pass must be printed and presented on an individual A4 page).

You can check-in online from 15 days up to 4 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure.

6. Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes wrote: »
      And I just signed up for a Ryanair MBNA credit card so I'm doubly fooked :D

They keep asking me about payment protection too

Not really on the topic of the thread but I thought I'd give an update on this anyway. I'm getting rid of the Ryanair credit card and this it why:

I spent the required amount to get a flight voucher and I called up to try to book. You have to call, you can't book online which is hassle but fair enough. You have to pay taxes and charges which sounds ok except that these taxes and charges meant my "free" flight would have been more than twice as expensive as it would if I'd just booked it on the website as normal, even with the €10 credit card fee added on. I knew when I got it that it wasn't going to save massive amounts but I didn't expect to be spending €2000 in a quarter for the opportunity to pay twice as much as everyone else. Useless POS.

7. Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not really on the topic of the thread but I thought I'd give an update on this anyway. I'm getting rid of the Ryanair credit card and this it why:

I spent the required amount to get a flight voucher and I called up to try to book. You have to call, you can't book online which is hassle but fair enough. You have to pay taxes and charges which sounds ok except that these taxes and charges meant my "free" flight would have been more than twice as expensive as it would if I'd just booked it on the website as normal, even with the €10 credit card fee added on. I knew when I got it that it wasn't going to save massive amounts but I didn't expect to be spending €2000 in a quarter for the opportunity to pay twice as much as everyone else. Useless POS.

Wow that is an epic farce of farcical proportions :eek:

Surprised they din't want a kidney aswell the shower of SH!!!!'s

8. Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

About 3 years ago I was surcharged by Ryanair at Dublin airport for having a slightly overweight bag. Already fed up with supplementing their profits with the Ryanair credit card (on which they have the cheek to charge you the credit card fee) I realised, like you, I was getting no benefit from their "free flight" offer. So I wrote to them asking them to refund the overweight bag charge or I'd cancel the credit card.

They sent me a letter saying something like the charge for the bag was as per the terms and conditions and they wouldn't be refunding it. So, with some satisfaction, I wrote to them, to say that I had no choice but to cancel the card. It was good to stop that steam of commission that Ryanair would earn on every future card purchase. I then started using whichever payment method at the time exempted you from the payment fee and have done so ever since.

I always felt it looked a bit "cheap" handing over a Ryanair credit card when paying for something, so getting rid of it was good in many ways.

The Ryanair credit card pushers that used to be quite prolific at the airport never seem to try to accost me to apply for their credit card anymore, but I would of course be delighted to explain why it's so rubbish to them, if they would only care to ask...

9. Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Fursttimer

I booked flights yesterday with Ryanair and to check in a 15kg bag was €40 (20kg was €60). Today when booking further flights the 15kg bag is now €50 and the 20kg bag €70 ??

Erm, can anyone explain this?

10. Advertisement
    11. Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Prices increase during the summer month for bagage.

12. Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Fursttimer wrote: »
      I booked flights yesterday with Ryanair and to check in a 15kg bag was €40 (20kg was €60). Today when booking further flights the 15kg bag is now €50 and the 20kg bag €70 ??

Erm, can anyone explain this?

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/questions/checked-baggage-allowance
      Ryanair wrote:
      Higher fees apply when checked bags are purchased via a Ryanair call centre or airport ticket desk, also on flights to/from the Canary Islands**, selected ski routes*** Other selected routes**** and for all flights departing in the months of July or August.

13. Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Fursttimer

Prices increase during the summer month for bagage.

The booking I made today was for the same flight I made yesterday. I was booking for my family who only paid me the money today.

Still amazed why it was extra 24 hours later

14. Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

About 3 years ago I was surcharged by Ryanair at Dublin airport for having a slightly overweight bag.

They tried to do that to me once for a bag that was just over so I stood out of the queue, put on five t-shirts and a jumper and queued up again. Plenty of allowance left over then :)

15. Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭jclally

I missed my flight from Luton to Dublin yesterday. I went up to rebook and was told it would cost £300. I wasn't paying that - I was leaving the airport and a woman who overheard told me if you miss your flight you can go on the next one for a set price of £100. I went back up to the counter and asked about this and was told it was true.

Im not sure if this is just a ryanair policy or whether all airlines do it, but its handy to know. Although the cheeky **** at the counter wasn't volunteering the information

16. Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭epgriffin

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to contact Ryanair Customer Service directly? It is my understanding that under the EU distance selling regulations they must provide at least an email address and a phone number where possible. I have been dealing with them by fax for the last 2 months, waiting 10 days each time for a response relating to an expenses claim. Even after they agreed on an amount (still in dispute) they posted a cheque for 100 euro less than they agreed to and didn't provide a breakdown in the letter of what they were not compensating for.

The basic story is that I was stuck in Paris after 3 cancelled flights over Christmas and filed a claim for expenses with them. They told me to stay in the hotel I was in but have since decided to cap the hotel expenses at 60 euro per night (In Paris at Christmas, good luck with that one, that's the bit in dispute). Anything else that they stated they would not cover was fine with me (parking at the airport for the extra week etc.) but the 'full and final settlement' fell far short of the amount without any itemisation or phone number.

Any ideas on how to contact them before I hand this over to small claims?

17. Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DConway

I had a problem with them about two years ago, were they destroyed a piece of sporting equipment worth about €1500.

I went to their customer service desk on arrival, and was told the only way to claim from them was by fax. So I faxed them about it, including all docs from flights and pictures. All the replies I got were through emails.

I started off with one fax every 3 days, just saying please advise on what is happening etc, then after 2 weeks, every day, then after another two weeks, I faxed every hour on the hour. I had not had any reply for the previous 3 weeks, 3 days of doing this I received a cheque for €1250, with no apology, or even a letter stating they were at fault.

I was happy to have gotten anything back from them tbh, I was expecting to have to go through courts for it.

Just keep at them with the faxes.

18. Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭epgriffin

I ended up passing it on to Small Claims court. Ryanair responded and agreed to pay up within 24 hours of the court clerk contacting them. Chancers!

19. Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

20. Registered Users Posts: 14,035 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

what basis do they have for calling themselves 'Europe's favourite airline'???

21. Advertisement
    22. Registered Users Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭Trampas

they will make a profit on this also.

last year was a freak year

72,719,666 they carried in 2010

multiple that by 2 is €145 million so nice €45 million profit.

seems like ryanair are becoming like the government with stealth taxes.

23. Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Is the levy 2 euro each way, so 4 euro for the round trip?

24. Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Anyone who follows their website will have noticed a general upward trajectory of their fares over the last 12 months. It's the usual story of piling on another fee and blaming someone else. It's good to see them forced to face up to their responsibilities and pay compensation. For any airline it comes out of the fares it collects, whether stated explicitly or not.

Their guarantee of the lowest fares is a load of overdone hype too. They don't scan every duplicate route on every date to ensure that their fares are less than anyone else, but make you go to the effort of following their rules and procedures to get a refund if you do find one. I've seen Aer Lingus fares on Dublin to Manchester and Dublin to Gatwick routes less than Ryanair, but I'm hardly going to go through the faff of booking a Ryanair fare and then reclaiming the difference, when I just book the Aer Lingus flight (and enjoy the relative calm of the experience) and be done with it.

25. Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Ryanair are starting to get more expensive but lets be reasonable here, you can easily book Ryanair with one of their promotional fares and still be much cheaper than other airlines (including Aer Lingus)

I have just booked a one way flight from Edinburgh to Dublin for £48 all in for 4 people. This was for an afternoon flight on June 25 (start of the school holidays in Scotland). Aer Lingus was £180.

26. Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭galway2007

Is the levy 2 euro each way, so 4 euro for the round trip?
      And he was giving out about the €10 travel tax

27. Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Ryanair are starting to get more expensive but lets be reasonable here, you can easily book Ryanair with one of their promotional fares and still be much cheaper than other airlines (including Aer Lingus)

I have just booked a one way flight from Edinburgh to Dublin for £48 all in for 4 people. This was for an afternoon flight on June 25 (start of the school holidays in Scotland). Aer Lingus was £180.

It's their method, not their prices. They advertise flights for 50c but they end up costing much more. Some of these extras are totally unavoidable, such as this levy, and so should be in the advertised price to begin with.

28. Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Zab wrote: »
      It's their method, not their prices. They advertise flights for 50c but they end up costing much more. Some of these extras are totally unavoidable, such as this levy, and so should be in the advertised price to begin with.

ryanair include all unavoidable charges in their lowest advertised rate.

29. Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

€2 is actually excellent value travel insurance. Far better than the one they try to sell you!

30. Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

€2 is actually excellent value travel insurance. Far better than the one they try to sell you!
      :D

31. Advertisement
    32. Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

zuroph wrote: »
      ryanair include all unavoidable charges in their lowest advertised rate.

Well, they don't include the tax but are you saying they include this levy?

(edit: come to think of it I may not be thinking of the "advertised price" per se which is probably what you're talking about)

Advertisement