Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Do FR still have issues with people searching for flights with skyscanner.net?

I don't use it but their flights come up in searches on kayak.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Do FR still have issues with people searching for flights with skyscanner.net?

Redirects from skyscanner just go to the Ryanair.com homepage so you have to search your itinerary on the FR site in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shel1979

I've never flown with Ryanair before and have now booked flights for September to Majorca. Can anyone tell me if Ryanair issue luggage tags for our suitcases at the airport? If they do, I can only assume there is a charge, if so, how much?? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Shel1979 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if Ryanair issue luggage tags for our suitcases at the airport?

Not exactly sure what you mean.
    If you mean the standard tags(bar code which are just stuck around the handle) that are put on all check in bag then they are free once you have paid for the check in luggage which if I remember correctly is €30 per bag.

If you talking about luggage tag other then the ones above then no.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into the Ryanair Megathread

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I've never flown with Ryanair before and have now booked flights for September to Majorca. Can anyone tell me if Ryanair issue luggage tags for our suitcases at the airport? If they do, I can only assume there is a charge, if so, how much?? Many thanks.

Luggage tags, as in the little piece of paper where you write you contact details? There are usually tags hanging around some airlines checkin desks- Aer Lingus might have them.

All bags get a tag ID and you receive a copy of that when you check in the luggage. Should be enough for flying with Ryanair as they are point to point with no transfers. But you can always stick your own contact details on your luggage, most luggage already have tags were you can enter your contact details.

I wouldn't worry about it. In all my years of flying I've never lost a bag, have plenty that never made it to their destination but they usually turn up a few days later. And this has only ever happened when transfers are involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

There's no charge for the luggage tag. You do have to pay for checking in the bag however and the tag is placed on the bag before it goes on the conveyor.

The luggage conveyor system in Dublin Airport is fully automated. The tag contains a Barcode that is read at various points along the conveyor to ensure it's routed to the correct handler post for delivery to your plane.

Bags without the tag won't get to a plane ! But they are pretty strong and seldom become detached once applied properly.

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shel1979

Thanks to all of you who replied. I was actually referring to the paper tags you would normally get if you booked a holiday through travel agent. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 its_brew

Hi , I have a quick question.
    I've never travelled with Ryanair before, and am in need of assistance.
    I received an email of my "Ryanair Travel Itinerary" and i'm just wondering if i have to print it all out?
    Its like 7 pages long and the pages after the first just seem to be terms and conditions?.
    Im also aware that when im traveling i must check in online and print a boarding pass.
    Will just checking in and printing the pass be enough paper work to bring with me rather than all the itinerary? Im travelling light and don't really want to be bringing all this stuff around with me while backpacking.

P.s. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

its_brew wrote: »
    Hi , I have a quick question.
    I've never travelled with Ryanair before, and am in need of assistance.
    I received an email of my "Ryanair Travel Itinerary" and i'm just wondering if i have to print it all out?
    Its like 7 pages long and the pages after the first just seem to be terms and conditions?.
    Im also aware that when im traveling i must check in online and print a boarding pass.
    Will just checking in and printing the pass be enough paper work to bring with me rather than all the itinerary? Im travelling light and don't really want to be bringing all this stuff around with me while backpacking.

P.s. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :) .

The Boarding Pass is all you'll need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 its_brew

Thanks alot bill. Appreciate it, puts the mind at ease going to the airport at 4am. :).
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Thanks to all of you who replied. I was actually referring to the paper tags you would normally get if you booked a holiday through travel agent. :)

Unless you paid extra for a bag when you bought the plane ticket then you can't check a bag in, go back and check your booking and it should have if you bought bags also, if not then you can add them onto your booking now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Don't forget your Passport !! . . . just sayin' . . :)

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Prob wrong place for this. Ryanair emailed us to say our flight was moving to a later slit on the day we are travelling. When we check booking in their site it's confirmed with new flight times although they haven't resent us an email with our itinerary. Will they or is the booking on the website my bookings page sufficient. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Hi I have flown with Ryanair in the past but my cabin bag has never been weighted. I am wondering do they check them often?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Depends on which little hitler agent is on the gate and if their commision target for the month has been met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

padocon wrote: »
    Hi I have flown with Ryanair in the past but my cabin bag has never been weighted. I am wondering do they check them often?
    Yeah it depends, as a regular flyer with this horrible airline i can tell you that 9 times out of 10 in Leeds Bradford airport (cowshed) they check everyone and will make it as difficult as possible for you whereas Dublin airport seems a bit more relaxed but that's not to say they wont check your bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Yeah it depends, as a regular flyer with this horrible airline i can tell you that 9 times out of 10 in Leeds Bradford airport (cowshed) they check everyone and will make it as difficult as possible for you whereas Dublin airport seems a bit more relaxed but that's not to say they wont check your bag.

Nowt wrong with LBA. And if you think Ryanair is such a horrible airline just stop flying with them.

zuroph wrote: »
    unfortunately Spanner, thats an issue with your bank being...well, spanners. Ryanair dont deal in cash at their desks in airports for security and logistics reasons AFAIK.

yes they do i was in the unfortunate situation before where i had to pay a lot of money at the ryanair desk for a flight back to Dublin.

Nowt wrong with LBA. And if you think Ryanair is such a horrible airline just stop flying with them.

LOL you cant be serious, LBA is quite possibly the worst airport in the UK or at least a leading contender, Leeds whilst not as big as Dublin is still a large enough city and this airport is also for Bradford and the rest of Yorkshire and beyond so with such a big area they deserve a decent airport not some cowshed with some of the worst staff ive encountered,the facilities too are rubbish.

Ryanair is such a horrible airline just stop flying with them
    Believe you me if another airline flew to LBA where i travel to every other week i would:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

yes they do i was in the unfortunate situation before where i had to pay a lot of money at the ryanair desk for a flight back to Dublin.

Sorry, I should have clarified, SOME desks...

LOL you cant be serious, LBA is quite possibly the worst airport in the UK or at least a leading contender, Leeds whilst not as big as Dublin is still a large enough city and this airport is also for Bradford and the rest of Yorkshire and beyond so with such a big area they deserve a decent airport not some cowshed with some of the worst staff ive encountered,the facilities too are rubbish.

You're just blustering, you haven't given one sensible reason why you think LBA is a "cowshed". What is it that you require from an airport? So your problem with it is that it's too small! What are you a Giant? And as for it having some of the worst staff you've ever encountered I'm sure they can't have been to happy encountering you either.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 y3llo_w

Hi, I normally fly with aer lingus but flying with ryanair next week and was wondering is it better to bring laptops and small electrical equipment like hair straighteners in hand luggage or checked luggage.? Also are there any differences between the two airlines regarding hand luggage and checked luggage that I should be aware of.?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I'd bring laptop in carry on anyway, that way you can protect it from getting damaged. Getting on the flight all your carry on has to be in one bag, no seperate duty free or handbags

You're just blustering, you haven't given one sensible reason why you think LBA is a "cowshed". What is it that you require from an airport? So your problem with it is that it's too small! What are you a Giant? And as for it having some of the worst staff you've ever encountered I'm sure they can't have been to happy encountering you either.

LOL, do you work there or something, it's small, too small for the volume of people passing through, it's filthy dirty and in dire need to a makeover, the last 7 months ive been coming and going from Dub > LBA there is work that it looks as if nothing has been done in all that time it looks dreadful with wires protuding from the ceiling not to mention dangerous, the lift is regulary out of service which isn't very convenient when you have a 2 year old in a buggy with bags, and as for the (in)famous staff,they are too concerned with checking the size of your bag than offering you any assistance,and TWICE in the space of 10 weeks my sons buggy went AWOL and we had to wait around the airport until it was found with nothing in the way of any sort of apology or even the offer of a cup of coffee, i could go on and on and on about this poxy place,if my financial situation was better id just fly Aer Lingus to Manc and get the train to Leeds.

That enough for you..............:eek:

LOL, do you work there or something, it's small, too small for the volume of people passing through, it's filthy dirty and in dire need to a makeover, the last 7 months ive been coming and going from Dub > LBA there is work that it looks as if nothing has been done in all that time it looks dreadful with wires protuding from the ceiling not to mention dangerous, the lift is regulary out of service which isn't very convenient when you have a 2 year old in a buggy with bags, and as for the (in)famous staff,they are too concerned with checking the size of your bag than offering you any assistance,and TWICE in the space of 10 weeks my sons buggy went AWOL and we had to wait around the airport until it was found with nothing in the way of any sort of apology or even the offer of a cup of coffee, i could go on and on and on about this poxy place,if my financial situation was better id just fly Aer Lingus to Manc and get the train to Leeds.

That enough for you..............:eek:

Jeez ok then, I use LBA regular enough I suppose and I've never had a problem with protruding wires or anything else, the smaller the airport the better you're in and out with the minumum of fuss and that suits me. I still think you're making a mountain out of a molehill but hey each to their own.

Jeez ok then, I use LBA regular enough I suppose and I've never had a problem with protruding wires or anything else, the smaller the airport the better you're in and out with the minumum of fuss and that suits me. I still think you're making a mountain out of a molehill but hey each to their own.

I don't think i am mate but each to their own, im travelling this weekend as usual but im on my own and to be fair the last 10/15 times ive travelled ive not really had any issues except for the usual over zealous staff checking the size of the bags like their lives depended on it but for anyone travelling with young children to this airport be prepared the lift may well be out of order which is a inconvenience particulary if it's just you and your son/daughter, the staff too wont be particulary quick to offer assistance usually it's other passengers who ask if you need a hand!!

I'll give airports credit though when credits due and Dublin used to be a right hovel years ago but asides from the overpricing of everything which is standard in most airports it has come on leaps and bounds in recent years , pity LBA couldn't follow suit.

Anyway........;)

I don't think i am mate but each to their own, im travelling this weekend as usual but im on my own and to be fair the last 10/15 times ive travelled ive not really had any issues except for the usual over zealous staff checking the size of the bags like their lives depended on it but for anyone travelling with young children to this airport be prepared the lift may well be out of order which is a inconvenience particulary if it's just you and your son/daughter, the staff too wont be particulary quick to offer assistance usually it's other passengers who ask if you need a hand!!

I'll give airports credit though when credits due and Dublin used to be a right hovel years ago but asides from the overpricing of everything which is standard in most airports it has come on leaps and bounds in recent years , pity LBA couldn't follow suit.

Anyway........;)

A bit churlish of me not to take into account the child aspect of what you were saying also. I thought I should state that for the record.

Happy flying in future man. By the way what do you think of Leeds.... just kidding :).

A bit churlish of me not to take into account the child aspect of what you were saying also. I thought I should state that for the record.

Happy flying in future man. By the way what do you think of Leeds.... just kidding :).

Some airports are more child friendly than others, unfortunately LBA isn't one of them,they really do deserve a bigger airport though but AFAIK that isn't gonna happen any time soon.

What do i think of Leeds, in what context, in general it's a good city, people for the most part are friendly enough (although probably not AS friendly as Irish) it's incredibly cheap for the most part compared to rip off Ireland anyway although buses and trains are a rip off,and you cant beat the aul wetherspoons and yates's:D

It's like any other city it has it's good and bad.

• Advertisement

I'm sure most people are aware of this by now but for those who might not be, if you want to avoid the booking fees with swineair get yourself a Neteller pre paid mastercard https://www.neteller.com/home/index.jsf

It can be a bit of hassle as you've to send copy of your passport and bank statement and it takes a few weekd but then they approve you go for the the extended account then your good to go, in the last few months ive saved over €200 alone in booking fees so it's well worth getting.;)

Advertisement