Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

So IAG have more seat capacity than FR?

They were second last time I checked their results. And first (though I could be incorrect) a year or two back. Definitely second last time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,974 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

fr336 wrote: »

Operating out of UK, I would say yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

It appears not many are using the online app check in, which I must add is a welcome addition albeit long overdue.

On this mornings 06.30am flight when asked for boarding card I handed him my phone he sort of glared at me for a few seconds as if he was taken aback before he actually looked at the phone and waved me on.

II'm usually the first to slate ruinair and with good reason too, however credit where it's due the new app is a major improvement on piece of crap before it, although I'd be a bit sick if you previously paid for it and now it's free, although I can't imagine many would be gullible enough to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

They were second last time I checked their results. And first (though I could be incorrect) a year or two back. Definitely second last time though.

the UK yes. Overall in Europe FR have a lot more capacity.
    You are incorrect in your assumption. FR have been number 3 for a long time in the UK including last year as outlined in previous results which I will link.

http://corporate.ryanair.com/investors/presentation-reports/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I just booked a flight, but noticed I put the wrong date on, I've change the dates now and it has cost me €200, is there any way to get that money back? there wasn't more than 10 minutes between the transactions

• Advertisement

I don't think so, looks like the date you wanted was high demand plus you probably paid a fee to change. Should have checked how much a new flight cost

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

New flight was exactly the same price, it was for October to Lanzarote from Shannon for 2 adults and 1 child, that's what I get for doing something when I'm tired.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Clareman wrote: »
    I just booked a flight, but noticed I put the wrong date on, I've change the dates now and it has cost me €200, is there any way to get that money back? there wasn't more than 10 minutes between the transactions

A shame but rules are rules.

Ryanair works fine if you don't make mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/questions/24-hour-minor-booking-errrors/
    Customers who book directly on the Ryanair.com website have a 24 hour grace period from the time of original booking, to correct any minor errors (i.e. spelling of names, incorrect routings/dates) made in their original booking.

You are supposed to contact a call centre to arrange this, you having booked a 2nd flight already may not be facilitated but no harm in calling to ask nicely (other than the call cost that is!)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/questions/24-hour-minor-booking-errrors/

You are supposed to contact a call centre to arrange this, you having booked a 2nd flight already may not be facilitated but no harm in calling to ask nicely (other than the call cost that is!)

Clearly news of the all new soft and cuddly Ryanair did not get through to everyone...

• Advertisement

I rang them yesterday and they told me that they'd process a refund for the charge for booking the flight, no email confirmation just that it will hit my account when the bank processes it, happy days.

This mornings flight wasn't a pleasant experience (well it never usually is but grin and bear it) the plane didn't have the usual "Ryanair" on it but something like Air Globe or something similar, lots of people asking is this definitely the flight to Dublin looked like a smaller aircraft than the usual.
    Anyway boarded and noticed the plane was filthy, FR planes with their so called 25 minutes turn around would never be the cleanest anyway, but this was horrible, the seats looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years, the pull down tray was absolutely filthy with tea and coffee stains, the floor looked filthy too, the person beside me even remarked this and said it was disgusting , the plane itself had even less legroom and looked like a throwback to the late 70/early 80's type of aircraft, old and dated.

As I said I fly that often I generally just grin and bear it but this was disgusting, I didn't pay €79, which isn't that cheap to board a dated plane which was filthy, this time I'll certainly be making a complaint, I'm not expecting silver service like Emirates, etc but general basic cleanliness is an absolute must on a plane.

The intercom too wouldn't even work properly and the staff seemed to forget that you can now use a non sim card tablet and don't have to turn it off before take off and landing and it's been like this now for quite sometime.

Just when you think FR might be getting slightly better you have this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Oooh goody!!! That sounds lovely. Flying to Edinburgh with Ryanair at the end of the month. First time ever using them but the flights were like 30 euro or something and the ones with Aer Lingus were over 100 and I wasn't paying that for a four day trip to Edinburgh and Glasgow college open days.

You will be fine, jonny68 is either the unluckiest Ryanair passenger on here or the whingiest

I picked up 4 return Edinburgh to Dublin tickets for £120 :) Even better news is that Ryanair will move their Dublin flights from Prestwick to Glasgow Airport and good times as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

You pay your money you expect basic cleanliness, this was filthy I wouldn't expect my dog to put up with this.

Complaint emailed to FR, most likely nothing will become of it but it has to be said.

You will be fine, jonny68 is either the unluckiest Ryanair passenger on here or the whingiest

In fairness this is the first time since last year where I've been annoyed, and I must have been on about 45 flights this year.

Why are FR pulling out of Prestwick? Regardless that's better for getting to Glasgow.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    In fairness this is the first time since last year where I've been annoyed, and I must have been on about 45 flights this year.

I would always complain if the cabin is as dirty as you found it
    Why are FR pulling out of Prestwick? Regardless that's better for getting to Glasgow.

Prestwick is going bust and it is not sustainable for them to only accept Ryanair at below cost rate. Glasgow Airport have been in talks for a while and I am hearing that they bided their time to get Ryanair. I doubt Glasgow will have gone in at below cost either as there are competitors of Ryanair at Glasgow who would kick up a stink with the Airport (Easyjet, Aer Lingus & Jet2)

I am delighted as it is 20 minutes drive for me to Glasgow Airport versus 45 minutes for both Prestwick & Edinburgh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I would always complain if the cabin is as dirty as you found it

Prestwick is going bust and it is not sustainable for them to only accept Ryanair at below cost rate. Glasgow Airport have been in talks for a while and I am hearing that they bided their time to get Ryanair. I doubt Glasgow will have gone in at below cost either as there are competitors of Ryanair at Glasgow who would kick up a stink with the Airport (Easyjet, Aer Lingus & Jet2)

I am delighted as it is 20 minutes drive for me to Glasgow Airport versus 45 minutes for both Prestwick & Edinburgh

I don't think Prestwick was ever really viable. I'm surprised it lasted this long. It used to suit me to fly there for a while as you got half price rail tickets to any destination in Scotland from there as a gimmick to encourage passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Are FR completely pulling out of Prestwick?! Don't they have a big maintenance base there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

I rang them yesterday and they told me that they'd process a refund for the charge for booking the flight, no email confirmation just that it will hit my account when the bank processes it, happy days.

I was also pleasantly surprised with their customer service today. Booked for myself and two kids , one 19 and one 11yrs. Only when I went to check in I realised that I'd put older one down as the child and younger one as adult. I phoned the 15c/min number and after short hold was told that they'd swap the names around for me. No charge. In the bad old days I guess I would have been charged two name change fees! I was impressed.

Wasn't expecting a next day reply to my email predictable enough response but fairs fair quick enough and to the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

This mornings flight wasn't a pleasant experience (well it never usually is but grin and bear it) the plane didn't have the usual "Ryanair" on it but something like Air Globe or something similar, lots of people asking is this definitely the flight to Dublin looked like a smaller aircraft than the usual.
    Anyway boarded and noticed the plane was filthy, FR planes with their so called 25 minutes turn around would never be the cleanest anyway, but this was horrible, the seats looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years, the pull down tray was absolutely filthy with tea and coffee stains, the floor looked filthy too, the person beside me even remarked this and said it was disgusting , the plane itself had even less legroom and looked like a throwback to the late 70/early 80's type of aircraft, old and dated.

As I said I fly that often I generally just grin and bear it but this was disgusting, I didn't pay €79, which isn't that cheap to board a dated plane which was filthy, this time I'll certainly be making a complaint, I'm not expecting silver service like Emirates, etc but general basic cleanliness is an absolute must on a plane.

The intercom too wouldn't even work properly and the staff seemed to forget that you can now use a non sim card tablet and don't have to turn it off before take off and landing and it's been like this now for quite sometime.

I'll bet you were on one of their AirExplore contracted ones. I had one coming back from Edinburgh and what you describe is about right. Way below the usual Ryanair standards.

Are FR completely pulling out of Prestwick?! Don't they have a big maintenance base there?

Not fully and yes they do have a maintenance facility

http://www.airportwatch.org.uk/?p=22140

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Sounds like you were on a leased aircraft operating on behalf of Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Sounds like you were on a leased aircraft operating on behalf of Ryanair.

I flew back from Nice Sunday night. The plane was an oldish looking 737-400, operated by "Air Contractors" on behalf of Ryanair. Plain white outside, no markings. The cabin crew wore Ryanair uniforms, though I didn't notice them selling scratch cards etc.

On the plus side, it had seat pockets. To balance that out, it had reclining seats, which the numpties in front shoved back 4 seconds after takeoff.

It was clean enough, a bit short stocked, though it was 30 minutes late arriving in Nice so they may not have had time to restock properly.

First time I've been on a leased aircraft, though it's been a while since I flew FR - is this common now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

MOH wrote: »
    I flew back from Nice Sunday night. The plane was an oldish looking 737-400, operated by "Air Contractors" on behalf of Ryanair. Plain white outside, no markings. The cabin crew wore Ryanair uniforms, though I didn't notice them selling scratch cards etc.

On the plus side, it had seat pockets. To balance that out, it had reclining seats, which the numpties in front shoved back 4 seconds after takeoff.

It was clean enough, a bit short stocked, though it was 30 minutes late arriving in Nice so they may not have had time to restock properly.

First time I've been on a leased aircraft, though it's been a while since I flew FR - is this common now?

I could be wrong but i think its while there waiting on there new shipment of planes which are due at the start of next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I swear if I ran an airline I'd ban ******* reclining seats.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    I swear if I ran an airline I'd ban ******* reclining seats.

Hasn't Ryanair basically done that?

Advertisement