Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭To Need a Woman

Well I have always considered Ryanair to be a reliable company, and have had good experience with them investment-wise. The last time I cashed out with them was in 2012. Would like to get in again. They're very high now, but hard to say if they're over valued or not!

Funny to think, I've actually never flown with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

I was delayed 5 hours with Ryanair plane coming back from faro
    Used refundticket.net to bring a case against them and got 400 euros per passenger back

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

I was delayed 5 hours with Ryanair plane coming back from faro
    Used refundticket.net to bring a case against them and got 400 euros per passenger back

Well done, do you know roughly how that amount was decided upon?

Mean refundmyticket.net iPad correcting writing
    I think the payment is based on up to 4 up to 8 and above

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Mean refundmyticket.net iPad correcting writing
    I think the payment is based on up to 4 up to 8 and above

What can they do that cant be done my the customer themselves?How much do they charge ?

• Advertisement

Suppose they take the hassle out of dealing with them and know all the tricks on how to deal with them

• Registered Users Posts: 16,974 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

They charge 15% of the compensation received which I suppose is not bad if you just want to file the details with them and let them do their stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

got an e mail from ryanair this morning stating there is a change of flight times on a booking I made some time ago, with a link to accept the new times. I cannot see any change in the outbound flight, just an arrival 5 mins earlier. (booked the returns seperate, no email about this booking). Don't understand why they would send an email about a flight change time when there is none ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

joeysoap wrote: »
    got an e mail from ryanair this morning stating there is a change of flight times on a booking I made some time ago, with a link to accept the new times. I cannot see any change in the outbound flight, just an arrival 5 mins earlier. (booked the returns seperate, no email about this booking). Don't understand why they would send an email about a flight change time when there is none ? :confused:

Any change probably triggers the email, giving you the option to opt-out.

If you accept the change it shows that you are aware of it, and can't sue them for any loss that you later decide to blame on the time change. They're just protecting themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

My sister has booked to come over from UK to Knock this Fri to Sun with Ryanair for a family function. Herself, husband & 2 kids, one who is under 2. Went to check in online and was asked for passport details for youngest. She had checked before booking flights and had read on the ryanair website that children under 16 do not need a passport if accompanied by adult on domestic flight. It has Ireland as a domestic flight on the website but they're telling her on the phone it's not? It will take a week for an emergency child passport but they are due to fly on Friday morning. Ryanair will not move and are not helpful at all. She is going to try other airlines to see can she get another flight but is there anything she can do or who can she contact?
    Thanks for any info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

GaGa21 wrote: »
    My sister has booked to come over from UK to Knock this Fri to Sun with Ryanair for a family function. Herself, husband & 2 kids, one who is under 2. Went to check in online and was asked for passport details for youngest. She had checked before booking flights and had read on the ryanair website that children under 16 do not need a passport if accompanied by adult on domestic flight. It has Ireland as a domestic flight on the website but they're telling her on the phone it's not? It will take a week for an emergency child passport but they are due to fly on Friday morning. Ryanair will not move and are not helpful at all. She is going to try other airlines to see can she get another flight but is there anything she can do or who can she contact?
    Thanks for any info.

If it's just a concern that their helpline has got the wrong information she could try their online chat sending specific links to the information that you mentioned and see if you get anywhere. I used their online chat recently for something a bit awkward. They didn't know the policy and in truth the policy was poorly written but they agreed with my interpretation after I forwarded links to specific parts of their policy. Might be worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

99% sure that UK to Ireland is an international flight and requires a passport. I don't think there'll be a way around it.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    99% sure that UK to Ireland is an international flight and requires a passport. I don't think there'll be a way around it.

It is Ryanair policy that a passport is required for any Common Travel Area flights. You can use other forms of ID on other airlines for Ireland -> UK flights - a driver's license is generally enough on Aer Lingus, Flybe, BA etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

It is Ryanair policy that a passport is required for any Common Travel Area flights. You can use other forms of ID on other airlines for Ireland -> UK flights - a driver's license is generally enough on Aer Lingus, Flybe, BA etc.

Not strictly true RK - they'll take a drivers licence for domestic flights within the UK and don't require any ID for children under the age of 16. The issue here is whether UK - Ireland is considered a domestic flight. Can't see how it would be but then as Aer Lingus doesn't require ID (although it does recommend it) for flights between Ireland and the UK for accompanied children under the age of 16 it's clearly not a legal requirement rather a Ryanair one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,974 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

UK to Ireland is not a domestic flight

I have been travelling between Scotland and Dublin with my 2 sons (12 & 15) on Ryanair for over 10 years and they always required a passport for the flight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

GaGa21 wrote: »
    ... She had checked before booking flights and had read on the ryanair website that children under 16 do not need a passport if accompanied by adult on domestic flight. It has Ireland as a domestic flight on the website but they're telling her on the phone it's not?...
    In the bad old days, before it changed its public face to "friendly", Ryanair's defence against complaints of harsh treatment was to point to what it said in its T&Cs and on its website, and telling people to suck it up if they got it wrong.

That should cut both ways. Your sister did study what Ryanair said, and now they are not sticking to their own words. She has a case. At worst, they should refund her money. They might possibly have a greater obligation to her, but I don't think the new "friendly" persona would extend to their giving her more than that.

[My comments are based on the presumption that what you say about the website is correct; I didn't dig into it myself to verify.]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I don't see anything on Ryanair's website that describes any flights between Irl-UK as domestic flights. The FAQ on travel documents mentions "UK domestic" but not Ireland or the Common Travel Area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I've booked to fly to London with ryanair next week, but I need to cancel as I can't now travel. I was trying to see how much of the €78 fare was comprised of govt tax but they only give one overall fare figure and no breakdown of taxes and charges on my booking.
    Has anyone any idea where this information is kept on the booking?

One would be forgiven for thinking that they are being purposely obscure and unforthcoming with this information, considering the fee the charge for processing any refund of this kind. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into Ryanair mega thread

dudara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I responded but my post disappeared.
    The UK tax is £13, no Irish tax. There exists an admin fee of €20 for a refund

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

snubbleste wrote: »
    I responded but my post disappeared.
    The UK tax is £13, no Irish tax. There exists an admin fee of €20 for a refund

Thank you. Thought as much!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭callmepetardu

I have a feeling I know the answer, but I'll ask anyways.

Flying to London on Friday morning, flying back to Dublin 26 hours later. Booked the flights and realised that my passport is due to expire on the 9th of Feb. Am I absolutely screwed or will my various other photo IDs on top of my passport be enough to get me through?

I've heard stories both ways, and I need to know if I've to try sort an emergency passport or just give up entirely. It's for an exciting work prospect that unexpectedly came up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Normally I'd say you're screwed but their new friendly face might offer some hope. It's worth ringing them about it.

The passport office provide a rapid renewal service in about 3 days but only by appointment. You can book an appointment online https://www.passportappointments.ie/

It'll cost you an extra €55 though.
    https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/top-passport-questions/passport-fees/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It may be cheaper to book a flight on any other airline to London than the total cost for the emergency renewal including the time for your personal attendance.

Aer Lingus, BA, Flybe and Cityjet all fly to London and take a selection of other photo ID.

I can't find a number to ring them, does anybody have it? The two I rang weren't real numbers, apparently!

Booked an appointment for emergency renewal, but that can be cancelled if Ryanair want to be super sound. Priced other airlines and it's faaaar more expensive to book flights now than it is for the emergency passport. The €150 is going to be a push to get together as it is!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Even to London City? There's a severe price war on Dublin to London City currently.

Obviously you're going to need a new passport anyway in the long term so that cost is unavoidable

Yep, because the return flight is on Valentine's day it's crazy expensive. We also have a train booked from Stansted so would rather not change flights. Hopefully it'll all be sorted out anyways, won't be making that mistake again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement

Rang that number and was told I wasn't allowed ring it for some reason. Ah well sure!

Advertisement