Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,978 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Just booked another Edinburgh to Dublin return for £30 (actually £15 for the Edinburgh to Dublin leg and €15 for the Dublin to Edinburgh leg so about £27.50 return!)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

weisses wrote: »
    Deals me arse

Was keeping an eye on flights ... price remained the same only to go up significantly after their sale started.... Left me confused tbh :cool:

says more about you, than them to be honest.

maybe the prices went up, as people bought the tickets instead of you, thus the offers were gone?

people know how to work the Ryanair system.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'm off to Bucharest the week after next. €79 return !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 gj777

Anyone tried to call them today? The number on their site (1520444004) has an 'out of service' msg...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Just booked expensive trip to Bristol and horrid flight times. My whinge is that even tho flying tomorrow and away 7 days, I cannot check in online/print boarding pass for return flight without paying for a reserved seat. No thanks, 40 minute flight on my own, dont care where I sit....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Just booked expensive trip to Bristol and horrid flight times. My whinge is that even tho flying tomorrow and away 7 days, I cannot check in online/print boarding pass for return flight without paying for a reserved seat. No thanks, 40 minute flight on my own, dont care where I sit....

What's that all about? Why don't you tweet them about it doesn't sound right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

fr336 wrote: »
    What's that all about? Why don't you tweet them about it doesn't sound right

return flight is more than 7 days away.

he'll be able to checkin tomorrow before he leaves.

On Aerlingus he wouldn't be able to check in until 30 hours before the flight so he has little to be complaining about

• Registered Users Posts: 16,978 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

My whinge is that even tho flying tomorrow and away 7 days, I cannot check in online/print boarding pass for return flight

Actually, you can do that when you are away in a couple of days

• Advertisement

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    return flight is more than 7 days away.

he'll be able to checkin tomorrow before he leaves.

On Aerlingus he wouldn't be able to check in until 30 hours before the flight so he has little to be complaining about

Bloody Aer Lingus, They NEVER fly they might as well be a trade union these days.

Up the O'Learys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭joeysoap

So we are anti union now as well :confused:
    The only people in this country who have been well 'looked' after are bankers and developers. Aer Lingus staff are as entitled to try and get the best conditions for themselves as the rest of us. I would not like to work for Ryanair (or Aer Lingus for that matter), I am glad the strikes did not go ahead. I am glad that customers were not effected (too much anyway). When strikes cause annoyance or inconvenience to any of us we don't like it, but I defend workers their right to try and maintain/improve their working their working conditions. Rant over, back to Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've got to say that some parts of the new Ryanair website are great. I've got to get from Valencia to Dublin on a Sunday in September on a day where there's no direct flights. Going via London seems very expensive that day for some reason and all of the search engines (fly.com, expedia, kayak, etc) are showing me pretty high prices. But after ten minutes playing around with the 'Fare Finder' feature on the Ryanair site I've shaved a hundred quid off of my costs. Very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Have any of you heard the new "on time jingle" it's like something from a carry on film, absolutely hilarious, everyone cracked up laughing on this mornings flight ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

In my experience they play it even if they are late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

athtrasna wrote: »
    In my experience they play it even if they are late!

This is actually true, last year the flight landed 55 minutes late and they still played it much to the amusement of pax

This new one is funny although I'm sure after a few flights the "novelty" will wear off.

Weren't they supposed to be scrapping this jingle altogether?

How are people so precious :eek::eek::eek:

O'Leary checking boarding passes at DUB - let me know when EI and BA are doing this folks ;)

BsmpsYaIEAAEoP8.jpg:large

• Advertisement

The new jingle apparently. Subtle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BkwmvuyA7k

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Due to cabin space limitations only 90 large cabin bags (55 x 40 x 20 cms) can be carried in the cabin, any remainder will be carried free of charge in the aircraft hold.

Now, how's that work:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

joujoujou wrote: »

Now, how's that work:

In fairness, they're airport staff, not Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭joeysoap

yeah but.... those are clearly all hand luggage taken off passengers, maybe containing laptops, mobile phones etc . AFAIK loading bays are always on the right hand side of the aircraft so does it look like those bags were collected at the foot of the steps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

joeysoap wrote: »
    yeah but.... those are clearly all hand luggage taken off passengers, maybe containing laptops, mobile phones etc . AFAIK loading bays are always on the right hand side of the aircraft so does it look like those bags were collected at the foot of the steps?

What sort of idiot would allow a laptop or mobile phone to go in the hold??

They don't rip the bag from your hands and throw it down the steps - you have time to take out your valuables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

What sort of idiot would allow a laptop or mobile phone to go in the hold??

They don't rip the bag from your hands and throw it down the steps - you have time to take out your valuables.

Coming back from BCN a few weeks ago, the first 90 bags in the queue were cleared for overhead storage. Staff insisted on one fella after the first 90 putting his bag in the hold despite him insisting that he wouldn't as there was a laptop and camera gear in the bags - too much to carry on by hand. The staff put the tag on and the passenger ripped it off a few minutes later. He was rechecked and threatened with removal if he tried that again. Sometimes you don't have any practical choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

In fairness, they're airport staff, not Ryanair.
    I'm aware of that. But it's ryanair who take passenger's hand luggage and give it to their filthy hands.
    I wonder if passenger claimed that had ONLY hand luggage, so expecting going out from airport straight away after arrival - would that work?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

joujoujou wrote: »
    I'm aware of that. But it's ryanair who take passenger's hand luggage and give it to their filthy hands.

Guilty by association? Plenty of things to give out about Ryanair but you're seriously looking for things when you blame them for something completely out of their control.

Advertisement