Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best way you ever dumped a chick?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Dudess wrote: »
    "I'm on da interweb boasting about how insensitive I was when I dumped a girl - aren't I DA MAN??!!"

+1. Some of them are amusing, but most of them just sound like douchebaggery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

I've learned some valuable stuff from this thread anyway: namely that some people are cunts.

I was going to say welcome to the real world but I'm sure you knew this much already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

More specifically, some people are cunts and proud of it.

More specifically, some people are cunts and proud of it.

Meh, it's a lads thing, I mean, a couple of the ones I saw in here went a bit far. Anyway, some of them are pretty funny and I'm willing to bet justified, so just relax :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

TPD wrote: »
    You didnt know that already?

Anyway, a friend of mine met a girl at a club one night, was kissing her etc, all going well until he went over to the shop with her. The harsh light hit her face, and he realised what he'd done. Next hour was him hiding and running any time she came looking for him. In the end up he sent her a text saying: 'It was dark and I was drunk, I don't like you'.

Id say the laughs he got after that almost made kissing the girl worthwhile.
    OUCH!

• Advertisement

Meh, it's a lads thing, I mean, a couple of the ones I saw in here went a bit far. Anyway, some of them are pretty funny and I'm willing to bet justified, so just relax :)
    See that's what irks me when it comes to the really cuntish incidents: "It's a lads thing", "boys will be boys" etc - as if that means it's ok to be such a prick. And then people are complacent about it, accepting of it, and worse again, celebratory of it.
    It's not all right to be a cruel sh1t to someone in any context.

Obviously a bunch of macho types are gonna have a go at me for saying this but I don't understand that... do they think being nasty to a person is ok once it's in their definition of the right context? That's kinda dumb...

Saying it's a "lads thing" implies it's representative of all guys too, which is insulting - not all guys are such assholes and so stupid.

Not being a prick is actually a lot more attractive to girls - just so you know like...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Stephen90 wrote: »
    Got acquainted with a friend of a friend on a drunken night out one night last year. Met up the next few days and decided we'd make a go of it for the laugh. Turned out she was just mad for the mickey and I was a horny git. Following weekend time I had come to realise that she was an utter fool and decided I had to get rid of her by any means nescessary. Had a big messy tearful thing, pretended to make up. Got some sex. Basically told her the following day I was drunk the night before, shouldnt have happened, it's over, adios.

Similar stuff, Two disco heads that got mildly love struck on the dance floor, lot's of late night snogging and trips to the flat and some more late night snogging and then after a long nights shag, discovered that we didn't have a clue who each other was, she just wanted a shag and i wanted to do some clubbing.

We both kind of knew deep down it was over, but I decided that the offensive ( book dates etc) was the best approach, as that would show that I was a caring man that didn't just dump a girl after a few nights romance and that girls always want to remain friends. I didn't fancy her really as much as I thought and I think she knew that and she didn't really like me, so there wasn't much else to it.

I pressured her to say NO! I dont want to go out tonight and it all ended.

See that's what irks me when it comes to the really cuntish incidents: "It's a lads thing", "boys will be boys" etc - as if that means it's ok to be such a prick. And then people are complacent about it, accepting of it, and worse again, celebratory of it.

Ah come now, girls are hardly perfect themselves, I don't mean to offend you, but in my experience girls feck over lads just as much.

Sure head over to PI if you don't believe me.

Oh yeah, girls can be horrible to guys too - by "cunts" I mean male and female.

Although at the same time, I doubt a thread on the "best" (meaning most malicious) ways you've dumped a guy would be started in the Ladies' Lounge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

No, I'm parodying the likes of you.

Why do you feel it's ok for you to act so horribly - and even boast about it? Just wonderin' like...

I was joking ffs!

Really, texts, funerals, football, its the ultimate "Im a cnutbag" scenario.

And as if a human female would go out with me in the first place. Ye gods :pac:

I wouldnt be unecessarily cruel to any girl who wasnt a cnut. Hell, I wanted out of the last "relationship" after the first night (relationship as declared by her from that point in) only there was always some type of emotional drama going on, family trouble, friend trouble, I wanted out but was afraid she would do something stupid she became so clingy.

So no, never unecessarily was cruel to MINE. However I did call my mates American ex a boring controlling cnut to her face (with emphasis on cnut, whule in Ireland the word barely raises an eyebrow in the US it makes the jaw hit the floor :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

..i told fiona the freak i picked up the aids bug in a subway sandwich at the wkend. She dumped then.
    Sucess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Obviously a bunch of macho types are gonna have a go at me for saying this but I don't understand that... do they think being nasty to a person is ok once it's in their definition of the right context? That's kinda dumb...

Saying it's a "lads thing" implies it's representative of all guys too, which is insulting - not all guys are such assholes and so stupid.

Not being a prick is actually a lot more attractive to girls - just so you know like...

Thank you! This is one of my pet peeves, the whole "boys will be boys" bullshit. I'm working at a day care this summer, and it's ridiculous how frequently parents use this phrase as an excuse for their sons' egregious behavior. Whereas the stereotype used to dismiss woman's behavior is "psycho bitch", which doesn't work nearly as favorably for us.
    Tha Gopher wrote: »
    So no, never unecessarily was cruel to MINE. However I did call my mates American ex a boring controlling cnut to her face (with emphasis on cnut, whule in Ireland the word barely raises an eyebrow in the US it makes the jaw hit the floor :) )

True that. Lots of the women I know would deck a guy for calling her a cunt. Most people here consider it the worst word in the English language, very forbidden. Interestingly, many feminists are trying to reclaim it. There's even a book by that name, a very amusing one.

snyper wrote: »
    ..i told fiona the freak i picked up the aids bug in a subway sandwich at the wkend. She dumped then.
    Sucess
    :P

God you had that coming :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I told an ex of mine that I had booked a ticket to Australia.. for me only

You know the simpsons episode where Lisa breaks Ralphs heart and bart has it on video and does the freeze frame...you..can..see...his..heart..breaking....right.......now..

A bit like that.

It was for the best and she actually talks to me again now that i'm back

snyper wrote: »
    Sucess

and you still ate it? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

That's unfortunately not true.

Our wankiness is a learned behaviour. The nice guys aren't fighting the ladies off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Never is a best way imo . We all i am sure have done it but cant say i ever liked it and actually feel like a right cnut just thinking about when i did or had to tbh . :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

tallaght01 wrote: »

Our wankiness is a learned behaviour. The nice guys aren't fighting the ladies off.

This is true.

tallaght01 wrote: »

How come all the really nice guys I know have girlfriends? I'm not saying you have to be super duper nice or anything - nobody respects a doormat. Just not being a cunt should suffice...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

How come all the really nice guys I know have girlfriends? I'm not saying you have to be super duper nice or anything - nobody respects a doormat. Just not being a cunt should suffice...

True. I always laugh when people say "Nice guys finish last." Yeah in Gordon Gekko's Wall Street they do. But when it comes to wimmins there's probably something else wrong with you (ugliness for example) if you're nice but not getting any action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Because most women realize that nice guys are the better option too late and they have already been trounced by their more agile minded counter parts.

Most nice men stayed with their first love.
    I awaiting for the those biatches to kick the bucket so I can inherit one.

Those girlfriends grabbed all the nice guys cuz they are quick on the darw compared to their more fussy fussy female counterparts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

That's most definitely not the world I inhabit, but I could be wrong about it.

My social group might not be representative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

This. The most attractive guys generally to girls are the ones who are independent, nice lads who sport confidence. Obviously there has to be a 'bitta chemistry involved as well, but the truth is being extremely arrogant and a complete cunt does not work, nor does being a complete desperate pushover. You see so many guys making this mistake, acting like arrogant pricks which end up being a complete turn off to ladies as they simply cannot live up to the standards in which they fail in portraying themselves as.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Really don't understand why people got so hot and bothered about that first post... a well timed, tongue-in-cheek 'don't hate the playa' is always funny.

I've never done a spectacular ditching myself though. Generally when I don't want to see a girl anymore I have great difficulty concealing my indifference and they figure out what's going on pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Most nice men stayed with their first love.
    I awaiting for the those biatches to kick the bucket so I can inherit one.

See you'll never get a man with that attitude. "Oh I'm still waiting for Mr. Right to come along have his wife die in a tragic boating accident."

You need to be proactive and go out there and grab him kill her.

"Nice" implies insipid I suppose - ok, the reality is, that's not attractive.

"Sound" would be a better word. The sound guys I know all have girlfriends - they're really decent lads but they're well able to stand up for themselves too. They just don't bother with all that macho playa sh1t...

tallaght01 I believe you're a candidate for Men of Honour - talk to javaboy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

HA HA Brings back memories

if you dont get out of the house now ill call the gaurds,

• Advertisement

IRISH RAIL wrote: »
    HA HA Brings back memories

if you dont get out of the house now ill call the gaurds,
    For you or her ?:D

Advertisement