Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Experiences

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

Ya... They will have to get their story somewhere else...:mad:

Kerry did u do the ASP course in April In Templemore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Kerry did u do the ASP course in April In Templemore ?

Yeah, on my birthday too

...think that's mentioned around here somewhere by me. Jeez munster you're brushing up on your detective skills I see

:cool:

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Yeah, on my birthday too

...think that's mentioned around here somewhere by me. Jeez munster you're brushing up on your detective skills I see

:cool:

You might have met me!!!!:cool:

You might have met me!!!!:cool:

Yeah I had you pinned down as the *quiet & shy red-haired guy from Cork :confused:

*may not actually have been quiet & shy though

• Advertisement

Yeah I had you pinned down as the *quiet & shy red-haired guy from Cork :confused:

Nope... ZA will get a great laugh from that description !!!!
    I was the one doing the ASP course but I was the only attested reserve doing it... For years they tried to get me to do it and I finally done it after 4 years in April!!! What date in April did u do it?

Nope... ZA will get a great laugh from that description !!!!
    I was the one doing the ASP course but I was the only attested reserve doing it... For years they tried to get me to do it and I finally done it after 4 years in April!!! What date in April did u do it?

ah I'd you down as one of those doing the first-aid course, the day they were doing the assessments?! Damn that anyways! :mad:

Nah, you didn't do the ASP same day as me. Only 4 there that day, all from my phase

ahh, now, must do some more research then :pac:

To all at Templemore Garda College, if you didn't know who I was before now, I'm guessing you do now!

WavingSmiley.gif

To all at Templemore Garda College, if you didn't know who I was before now, I'm guessing you do now!

WavingSmiley.gif

Except me yet!!

After that info I gave: they know me also. :o

• Advertisement

After that info I gave: they know me also. :o

Ah but sur we all only post on boards what we would say in person anyways so what harm.

Well done you too on passing your ASP after that time! You must've been delighted. What date did you do yours on?

Ah but sur we all only post on boards what we would say in person anyways so what harm.

Well done you too on passing your ASP after that time! You must've been delighted. What date did you do yours on?

Won't. Give a date but at the end of April!!! Delighted.. Mmmmmm just an extra bit of kit to carry around and run with.. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

mmm now how can i misconstrue this post :D mmm pinned down that sounds fun !! .......... red hair, shy, defo not munster hahahah

ZoneAlarm wrote: »
    mmm now how can i misconstrue this post :D mmm pinned down that sounds fun !! .......... red hair, shy, defo not munster hahahah

ha! :D:D:D

/won't somebody please think of the children

ummmmmmm, I wonder

:o

In case anyone here is wondering:

per request from checkside I have deleted their original two posts. They know that due to the responsibility I have as moderator to all users who post in here, the posts where they are quoted won't be edited unless the user who quoted them wants it edited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trail man

Hi guys..
    Has any reserves ever helped out with warrants and if so what does it entail..
    Have been asked to help out and am wondering what exactly is the story..
    with warrants...

trail man wrote: »
    Hi guys..
    with warrants...

No I haven't touched one piece of paperwork at all & my name not added to pulse as assisting anything either though so... but lucky you being asked to help out with that though :)

Maybe some full-timers in here might be able to answer for you though?

trail man wrote: »
    Hi guys..
    with warrants...

Not sure that is for an open forum to be discussed !!

ZoneAlarm wrote: »
    Not sure that is for an open forum to be discussed !!

I presume their is a reason they didn't take it => ;) ?

In case anyone here is wondering:

per request from checkside I have deleted their original two posts. They know that due to the responsibility I have as moderator to all users who post in here, the posts where they are quoted won't be edited unless the user who quoted them wants it edited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

mmm now this is a delima all right!! why say it and then want to retract it, something not right there, thats for sure, or they did not get the answer they where expecting !!.

I wish my quoted post's not to be edited thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 checkside

hi All,
    The reason I wanted to take down my post is my disappointment in the very negative responses that I recieved from my fellow colleagues in the reserves. As it was my 1st post, and I taught that I would get a balanced response, instead of some very irrate one's. At that point I taught that in the best interest of not inviting anymore embarrasing remarks that might discourage other new members from using the chance to post, I withdrew my post. I would hope that a little more taught might be put into some members responses, so as not to discourage upcoming and excisting reserves from posting.
    Sorry for the bother, and good luck to all reserves in their duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

If you really are a serving member of the Garda Reserve, then you must be aware of how the relationship between the reserve force and the full-timers can be quite sensitive and how much work has gone into proving that we are not there to 'steal' their overtime and we do not need to be molly-coddled (despite GRA assertions to the contrary).

If it was publicised in any way that reserves were looking to profit from their time in the reserve, the damage to our reputation would be enormous.

Seen in that light, I would hope you can understand the reaction to your original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

checkside wrote: »
    hi All,
    The reason I wanted to take down my post is my disappointment in the very negative responses that I recieved from my fellow colleagues in the reserves. As it was my 1st post, and I taught that I would get a balanced response, instead of some very irrate one's. At that point I taught that in the best interest of not inviting anymore embarrasing remarks that might discourage other new members from using the chance to post, I withdrew my post. I would hope that a little more taught might be put into some members responses, so as not to discourage upcoming and excisting reserves from posting.

Your post still seems to me like that of someone who is either a member of the media or a dis-illusioned Garda who is looking for trouble.

If you are a serving Reserve you should be aware of the allowance that is paid to cover expenses. If you grossed this up to before tax rates it would be well in excess of the minimum wage if you did your bare 208 hours per year. If your doing it for the money that is.

However there are very few jobs in the country where you can choose to do 400 extra hours and get paid an hourly rate for them.

As Volunteer Members of AGS Reserves have a role to support the organisation. The very last change I want to see is an increase in payment.

I personally would happily sacrifice my yearly allowance if it was put towards continuous professional development so that we would have more powers, rather than looking for more money!

hi All,

No new member would come out with a first post like that,99% of new reserves read and thread very carefully with their first few posts, this is a person / media seeking a negative reply from the forum about the reserves which they did not get, after that what could he say then after asking for them to be taken down, a quick get out of jail card to me.

My opinion only!
    TylerIE wrote: »
    I personally would happily sacrifice my yearly allowance if it was put towards continuous professional development so that we would have more powers, rather than looking for more money!

Totally agree with that post above, extra cpd courses would be more beneficial to us, or maybe even a contribution to the cost of radios for the Reserve members.

hi All,

Yeah maybe not the media input here with the spelling of 'taught' as opposed to 'thought'. I would hold the Irish media to a standard just a tad higher than that but anyway...

Their is certainly, in my opinion, input from somebody else with checksides' enquiry here. You're still in training yeah? Phase4 only? Plenty to learn about the internet; discussion forums; lack of effort by the media in searching new topics if the responses they want are here for them eh!

I am sorry to disappoint you in you not getting a response you might have been hoping for. The replies above me are from veteran Garda Reserves whose opinions I would hold at high regard.

You were no bother at all, I can assure you. You can come back again and sur we'll reply to you again :)

Thanks for coming on here again to clarify what you told me via pm for all to read.
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 checkside

Thanks kerry4sam, I am what I say I am. And yes I sur thought taught was thought. however every day is a school day I guess,:)
    I don't think I will be posting again for a long while.cheers and good luck

Thanks kerry4sam, I am what I say I am. And yes I sur thought taught was thought. however every day is a school day I guess,:)

Their is plenty more wrong with the grammar in my post, not just the spelling of 'sur' but sur thanks for the reply anyway.

kerry4sam

Now, the forum is still open to you who wanted my input for the topics raised in PrimeTime.

You're next if you want to be, come on in :)

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Buy... I mean BYE :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westcoastboy

did any of yez get new uniform issued to you yet, ours the regulars and reserves is been delivered this week

Advertisement