Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Got custom demciflex dust filters for front, side and top of case to keep the dust bunnies out.

ndt26u.jpg

650 ti out, 660 in. One annoying thing with this case is you need to remove the 5.25inch bay to install the power cable on long graphics cards.

2sbk85e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

those are tidy. actually first time I have even heard of them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

How do you find airflow and temps in the Prodigy Spix ? Il be doing a white prodigy build in the coming months and have been toying with the idea of buying a mesh front cover.

beno619 wrote: »
    How do you find airflow and temps in the Prodigy Spix ? Il be doing a white prodigy build in the coming months and have been toying with the idea of buying a mesh front cover.

Temps are fine even with very low speed fans. GPU is currently at 22 degrees and cpu 29. Under load they get a bit warmer than in a full tower case as everythings cramped but stays cool nonetheless. There is some small vents all round the front panel for the front intake... putting my hand infront of it I can feel some airflow so I wouldn't say the meshed front panel is necessary but would probably help a bit. From my experience exhaust fan speed makes much more of a difference to temperatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

In relation to temps, would you be able to do me a huge favour spix? I'm wondering what the airflow is like with the mesh vs. solid panel as well, but I'd have most other spaces closed off. Could you try blocking the rear and side vents, and check what the difference is with the front panel on and off (closest thing to mesh).

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    In relation to temps, would you be able to do me a huge favour spix? I'm wondering what the airflow is like with the mesh vs. solid panel as well, but I'd have most other spaces closed off. Could you try blocking the rear and side vents, and check what the difference is with the front panel on and off (closest thing to mesh).

I'll try it tomorrow, too lazy right now :) You planning a sound proofed watercooled build?

Exactly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

All the pics of the prodigy, I taught I would add up my two latest build work in progresses :)
    20130205_080731_zps231e69fc.jpg
    20130205_080948_zps9a5eaecf.jpg
    Fittings are only temporary and will go onto another build when I get bitspower fittings for this.
    20130205_080737_zps4e7b795d.jpg
    20130205_080907_zps9dd21e02.jpg
    20130205_080913_zpsc852edd0.jpg
    20130205_080851_zps24dad065.jpg
    Its an fx6100 cpu and I will use an nvidia gpu in both builds to even out my systems :)

Phobya 200 in the Prodigy? How is the side panel closing? My understanding is that the I/O PCB doesn't let stuff fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

deceit wrote: »
    All the pics of the prodigy, I taught I would add up my two latest build work in progresses :)

Could I possibly just have your job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I'm too embarrassed to post my rig :o My cable management is a joke, I have cables all over the place. They are made quite bulky due to the covering they have on them. Any tips for tidying them up? I have cable ties, they help a bit, but really, there's a lot of spare connectors too!

I'll post it up once I fix this.

Phobya 200 in the Prodigy? How is the side panel closing? My understanding is that the I/O PCB doesn't let stuff fit.
    It fits just about if your really careful with how you position everything. I will order a 240mm for the top as soon as I get measurements for which one will fit in it also.
    Then I will cool a gtx670 4gb card and a 2500k (2500k or 2600k as they run cooler so would be better for this rig with limited cooling options than an ivybridge setup)
    I will get the p8z770i deluxe board also :)
    http://lb.hardwareversand.de/DDR3/60017/ASUS+P8Z77-I+Deluxe%2C+Sockel+1155%2C+ITX.article

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Could I possibly just have your job?
    You might not like it all that much as you have to spend a lot of your time in other countries. :). Being stuck in a hotel like tonight I don't get to use all my rigs then bar through Teamviewer.

Gumbi wrote: »
    I'm too embarrassed to post my rig :o My cable management is a joke, I have cables all over the place. They are made quite bulky due to the covering they have on them. Any tips for tidying them up? I have cable ties, they help a bit, but really, there's a lot of spare connectors too!

I'll post it up once I fix this.
    I think it would be better to post it up so people can see whats its like and give the best advice for you and you could always do before/after pics of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

deceit wrote: »
    I think it would be better to post it up so people can see whats its like and give the best advice for you and you could always do before/after pics of it :)
    OK, will do :D

@Deceit, fair enough. I was actually kind of annoyed when I heard the 200 wouldn't fit, but I think it's a good thing, looking back. As it stands, I'll be using a 240 in the roof, and a 120 in the front. If I require more, instead of swapping in my 200, I'm going to pick up an Alphacool 180 rad. The reason being is that the only real option for the 200 is one of Phobya's fans, or a Spectre Pro. Neither are great from a sound point of view. The 180 rad however gives the option of an AP-181. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

will the h220 fit the prodigy?

Should do, yeah. You might have to remove the back fan, but I can't see a reason why it wouldn't. It does have bigger end tanks than other rads, so if you're looking at a multi-rad setup, you might need to whip out the ol' measuring tape.

ah, ive been holding out on buying parts as i wanted to see if the case and cooler would make for a good combination, i dont really like the idea of not being able to have a rear exhaust though. would it make any difference to flip the rad around the other direction (or is that even possible?). i had intended to go with the h100i but by all accounts the h220 is a fair bit better

edit: oh and i doubt id be going for a multi rad setup

You could certainly flip it, but then you're again into specifics. You could try Sketch Up. Lots of people make models for it, so I'm sure you could find Prodigy and H220 ones, then you could see what would fit, etc.

• Advertisement

thanks ill check that out now

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Made myself a lazy ass box/plinth/shelf to get the Outlaw off the desk. Wasnt paying attention and made it 35mm too wide and all ^^. Anyways, its mounted with three expanding bolts so its structurally sound and thats what matters.

261353_2898613602561_1474621809_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Electric razor? For shame.:pac:

I hope that's not an ARES 2 box I see up top...

Gbear wrote: »
    Electric razor? For shame.:pac:

I've feck all growth anyways :rolleyes:
    I hope that's not an ARES 2 box I see up top...

I wish, its just full of PMR radios.

ED E wrote: »
    I wish, its just full of PMR radios.

Nifty. What do you need high-tech walkies for anyway? :P

Nifty. What do you need high-tech walkies for anyway? :P

Durr, just realised that PMR is used in two ways. I meant private not professional, should have said PMR446. They're little junkers in fact used for Airsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,038 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Nice shelf there. Your computer must be light enough? Id be scared **** to put my very heavy paper weight on a shelf like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Are they 2x 12 gauge cartridges I can see under the monitor???
    And is that a bowl of coco pops???? I like coco pops.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Nice shelf there. Your computer must be light enough? Id be scared **** to put my very heavy paper weight on a shelf like that

10.2KG, but that shelf would probably support 20+.
    dwighet wrote: »
    Are they 2x 12 gauge cartridges I can see under the monitor???
    And is that a bowl of coco pops???? I like coco pops.

There are four in fact, and they're shot glasses xD

Yup, never cleared away me brekkie.

Advertisement