Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

What FPS are you getting when playing BF?

I'll get back to you on that.

Nearly all games run smooth at those resolutions with the exception of Crysis 3. Not even 2 Titan cards can run that game at 2560x1600 across 3 screens on ultra settings but I knew that anyway from reading various forums. No problems on a single screen though, just one or two settings dialed back to get the sweet spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

viperirl wrote: »
    I'll be installing a full custom water cooling loop to include the graphics cards in the near future. The Noctua does the job for now.

Ah cool, needless to say, pics when you do :D

Valdez wrote: »
    My rig feels lame to that one.

What are the corsair fans like?

Looks good btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

is anyone still in touch with Flaccus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    He hasn't been around in ages but recently I seen him selling a case on adverts. If you wanna chat with him might still find him there.

• Advertisement

ah just wondering what he's been up to recently. he used to make me sweat with his PC's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Last post was in consumer issues 7 weeks back...so still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Bought a case off him last week. No fear of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Used to buy lots of stuff off him years ago. Didn't/doesn't he work in Intel? An E8600 I bought off him for a ridiculously cheap price a good few years ago lasted me until relatively recently! :cool:

Used to buy lots of stuff off him years ago. Didn't/doesn't he work in Intel? An E8600 I bought off him for a ridiculously cheap price a good few years ago lasted me until relatively recently! :cool:
    that would explain so much. he used to do his own noise testing of fans and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I really dont get these overkill specs,pointless imho.

Dcully wrote: »
    I really dont get these overkill specs,pointless imho.

Future proofing... :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Burgo wrote: »
    Future proofing... :pac:

meh its overkill, long time before anyone needs 2X GTX titan.

Awesome machine by all accounts so i suppose whats the harm, me i just like to stay well ahead of the curve without going mad altogether :P

Dcully wrote: »
    meh its overkill, long time before anyone needs 2X GTX titan.

Awesome machine by all accounts so i suppose whats the harm, me i just like to stay well ahead of the curve without going mad altogether :P
    you mean besides driving 11 million pixels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

2 titans is not going to be getting absolutely smooth playback at that resolution at Max setting on all games today, yet alone those on the Frost 3 engine, Unreal engine 4 or CryEngine 3.... now is the resolution overkill, not a great fan of surround gaming, makes me a bit motion sick.

2 titans is not going to be getting absolutely smooth playback at that resolution at Max setting on all games today, yet alone those on the Frost 3 engine, Unreal engine 4 or CryEngine 3.... now is the resolution overkill, not a great fan of surround gaming, makes me a bit motion sick.

With 2 Titans, Crysis 3 certainly wont play smoothly at that resolution when maxed out. Not even close to it. A few settings have to be dialed back but still looks great. Similarly with Tomb Raider though not as demanding a game.
    Crysis 2 I can play with everything maxed out and its very smooth which took me by surprise.
    Some annoying suttering occasionally with Bioshock but I believe thats a game engine problem from reading other forums.

Yes I realise that the machine is a bit overkill and very expensive but l've no regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Amazing build viperirl, congrats, you also have enough pci-e lanes for a third Titan:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Nice build. Personally I prefer less off-the-shelf ones, so I'll save judgement until I see the water cooling in. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Yes I realise that the machine is a bit overkill and very expensive but l've no regrets.

Now way dude, money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Serephucus wrote: »
    Nice build. Personally I prefer less off-the-shelf ones, so I'll save judgement until I see the water cooling in. :)

If you're spending that amount you may as well go the whole hog and go liquid nitrogen cooling, circuits made of silver instead of copper and a small nuclear reactor as a power supply.

Amateurish stuff really..:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Gbear wrote: »
    If you're spending that amount you may as well go the whole hog and go liquid nitrogen cooling, circuits made of silver instead of copper and a small nuclear reactor as a power supply.

Amateurish stuff really..:pac:

Liquid helium TBH.

glynf wrote: »
    Amazing build viperirl, congrats, you also have enough pci-e lanes for a third Titan:D

I havent gone completely mad........well not yet anyway :D . The case doesn't have enough expansion slots on the rear for a third card anyway. Unless I upgrade to the 900D.

I havent gone completely mad........well not yet anyway :D . The case doesn't have enough expansion slots on the rear for a third card anyway. Unless I upgrade to the 900D.

you should check out some of the caselabs cases if you are thinking about upgrading. seen a few builds on overclock and they seem pretty swish.
    http://caselabs-store.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

they are lovely but you'd pay a fortune on shipping alone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

indough wrote: »
    they are lovely but you'd pay a fortune on shipping alone

Got a csot from them to ship here a while back-worked out at $180 ish to ship a STH10 here, and that's before customs get their grubby little hands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

No doubt their cases are customisable to the extreme, and really water cooling friendly, but they're all so damn big. I mean really, a 39L ITX case? That's completely nuts. We're into big mATX case territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

563642_10200897036046616_446514196_n.jpg

Everything (bar the mousepad) arrived now time to assemble!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I hope that's not the monitor you plan on using in the bottom left? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Bazzo wrote: »
    I hope that's not the monitor you plan on using in the bottom left? ;)

Looks like there's a new 24 inch on the right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

[Rasta] wrote: »
    Looks like there's a new 24 inch on the right

And a second on the top....

Advertisement