Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Excellent build, looks great, nice hiding of the mess behind the case :D You should defo get some cable ties/sleeves and pretify the back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

deejer wrote: »

Did you do a 6970CF build also?
    That rig will be put up once the psu is returned. so hopefully in a week or two i will put up pictures of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Actually when you posted the question about the 6950 temps earlier I was going to ask you about your build as I knew you had been working on one. Always like to see a 6950CF build! And its a great looking case

Did you do a 6970CF build also?

I thought you might know since he is from your part of the country! It was actaully his 600T build that made me really want to get this case.

Yea i built an almost identical rig for NTMK but with 6970's, H80 and a crucial m4. the PSU is being RMA'd though cause it couldnt handle the 6970's under load..:o
    Excellent build, looks great, nice hiding of the mess behind the case :D You should defo get some cable ties/sleeves and pretify the back!

thats already got **** loads of cable ties. there really isnt anything more i can tie, but yea the sleeves would be nice and hid the rainbow ugly ends of the PSU cables.
    NTMK wrote: »
    That rig will be put up once the psu is returned. so hopefully in a week or two i will put up pictures of it.

ive got some pics of it alongside mine but i thought id let you do the honours when its up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Yea i built an almost identical rig for NTMK but with 6970's, H80 and a crucial m4. the PSU is being RMA'd though cause it couldnt handle the 6970's under load..:o

thats already got **** loads of cable ties. there really isnt anything more i can tie, but yea the sleeves would be nice and hid the rainbow ugly ends of the PSU cables.

ive got some pics of it alongside mine but i thought id let you do the honours when its up and running.

ill do it when the psu comes back
    Do you want to go halves on sleeving eventually:P

ill do it when the psu comes back
    Do you want to go halves on sleeving eventually:P
    And sleeve half our PSU? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

There is a nice PSU for sale on adverts now if you havent replaced it already.

http://www.adverts.ie/hardware/enermax-revolution-1250w-atx-modular-power-supply-psu/826038

There is a nice PSU for sale on adverts now if you havent replaced it already.

http://www.adverts.ie/hardware/enermax-revolution-1250w-atx-modular-power-supply-psu/826038
    Its being replaced with a corsair tx850

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Check this out!!

Just arrived today!! :D:D

6 hours of hard work and I finally got to a stage where I can run the PC!

Still gotta install the big Antec cooler which is going to be a pain with moving stuff around and more cable management. Will do that tomorrow as I've had enough for a day!!

And yes, that is a THREE slot GPU!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Got mine today as well, not able to build til the weekend cos of work, but will have pics up when I get it done :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Whoops it's been a few weeks since I've gotten it but I thought I better put a pic of my build up, especially after all the fantastic help I got on here along the way :D

IMG_7603.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You're supposed to show us the guts as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Lol I still don't trust myself to show the guts yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Just remembered that I never posted a pic of my rig. Here You Go.

173345.jpg

173347.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ewwww, dust :p

If you front grilles are that colour due to dust, you need to break out the compressed air and a brush.

Ewwww, dust :p

If you front grilles are that colour due to dust, you need to break out the compressed air and a brush.

I di just after taking the pic. Funny too because I also did it just 3 weeks ago, surprised it builds up that fast :P

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its an unending war between nerd and nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Ryan451 wrote: »
    Just remembered that I never posted a pic of my rig. Here You Go.

173345.jpg

173347.jpg

Are those Altec Lansing speakers?

Are those Altec Lansing speakers?

Yessir :D

They are awesome, I really like them!

Few more pics of my rig...
    img0080ia.jpg
    img0081nd.jpg
    img0083ft.jpg

I realised I fit the front fan backwards that its sucking air from inside and blowing it out. Not much of a problem in this case but I'll have to fix it back so its blowing cold air in sometime. Its somehow louder this way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Ryan451 wrote: »
    Yessir :D

They are awesome, I really like them!
    Think I have the same ones, VS2621? If so, they are indeed awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

Few more pics of my rig...
    img0080ia.jpg
    img0081nd.jpg
    img0083ft.jpg

I realised I fit the front fan backwards that its sucking air from inside and blowing it out. Not much of a problem in this case but I'll have to fix it back so its blowing cold air in sometime. Its somehow louder this way...

I used to think that case looked ugly as hell but I have to admit it looks pretty damn sweet once you get a build in there, all you need is a aftermarket cpu cooler and your sorted ;)

^It is a really sweet case! It looks brilliant with all the components inside and the big side mesh which gives amazing cooling and also you can see all the components inside.
    Only problem is its really a pain to manage all the cables in such a tight space. I really wish I got a bigger case...

I really won't bother fitting the Antec 920 in there, its too much hassle. I'll look into something like a Noctua U9 or similar...

Finally finished my build!!
    Somehow muscled the big Antec cooler in my case and everything fits...just!! Its been one heck of a job to fit everything in such a small space but after many many hours of hard work, I've finally done it!!
    img0084rw.jpg

img0086ka.jpg

img0087jx.jpg

Finally putting up a few pictures of my build. Tried to get a better camera but no luck.

173697.JPG

173698.JPG

173699.JPG

173700.JPG

173701.JPG

Spec:
    Silverstone Fortress FT02 (love this case)
    Asus Crosshair IV
    Phenom IIX4 965 with Prolimatech Megahalem cooler
    Enermax Evolution 85+ 850W
    GTX 480 with Accelero Extreme Plus cooler
    4G G-Skill DDR3 PC3 12800
    Skythe Kaze Server controller
    Samsung DVD Drive

2x1TB Samsung F3
    2X320GB Samsung F4 in RAID 0
    Kingston V-Series G2 64GB SSD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Got a new heatsink. Here it is, the Scythe Mugen 3, next to the stock X4 955 HSF.

UL4eRl.jpg

Mounted to the motherboard. It came with its own reinforcing backplate because it is so heavy - over 800 grams.

YpobNl.jpg

Powered on, along-side my new Nexus 120mm casefan.

ImU0Gl.jpg

And all reassembled.

4mAQml.jpg

please don't tell me the cable management is bad, it's not a good case for it

My CPU now idles at less than 25 °C, and stays under 40 °C under load. It appears that the noisest part of my PC is now the WD Caviar Blue HDD.

^That's one monster of a heatsink!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

This is my build, it is for a home office PC, so it is not particularly special, but should be nice and quiet.

I had some parts from other builds I did, so I already had the RAM, CPU Cooler and Media Card Reader.

I know it is probably an over-kill cooler, but it should be quieter than the stock one, and allow me some future proofing if I decide to lash in a dedicated graphics card and attempt to experiment with an overclock.

Case is a Fractal Design Define R3 (the fan controller came with it so I figured I should fit it and try and run them at the lowest speed I can to keep the noise down).

The Case
    IMG_0359Custom.jpg

Sound absorbing material
    IMG_0362Custom.jpg

What is going into it
    IMG_0363Custom.jpg

The internals before anything goes in
    IMG_0361Custom.jpg

The internals after fitting everything (except optical drive which I need to get today)
    IMG_0366Custom.jpg

Rear view
    IMG_0369Custom.jpg

Front view, door open - note, sound absorbing material inside door
    IMG_0370Custom.jpg

+1 on the cable management. Looks very tidy.

Another Eur150 and you will have yourself a top gaming PC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

FjCTLh.jpg

Slight problem. The two Dell monitors are VGA. So I got VGA to DVI converters for them. Turns out only the DVI-D port on my GPU can do VGA to DVI and not the second, DVI-I. My main monitor is on a DVI to Displayport adaptor.

I guess I'll try putting the LG on the DVI-I, and one of the VGAs through DVI to DP. Not sure if it will work though.

Edit: nope, neither of my DVI adaptors fit into the DP adaptor... the difference being one is DVI-I and one is DVI-D I suppose.

Advertisement