Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2008 - Official Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭gkenny

money down. do i get a prize.:)

gl with this stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

gkenny wrote: »

gl with this stephen.

Hi gkenny, as your the 1st to pre-reg for the event we will be sending you out some merchandise. Good luck at the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Looks good Ste. Though I would argue that there should be a 1hr clock on day two like there was last year.

+1

Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

lillou wrote: »
    will it be fully dealer dealt?

Professional (and I mean professionals only) dealers at every table throughout.

gkenny wrote: »

gl with this stephen.

Go on ya good thing. 1st in last out I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Two years in a row now, as soon as I book my weekend to see Liverpool, this is announced for the same dates. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lillou

hope you've learned your lesson!

next year hold on for that extra week before you book :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭coillcam

Enjoy the w/e stephen. BTW, are you going to be running a team event like last year?

coillcam wrote: »
    Enjoy the w/e stephen. BTW, are you going to be running a team event like last year?

No team event as it stands, BoylePoker have asked me to just concentrate on making the main event great.....heading out the door to buy some wellies :)

Hi All,

We are starting to run the Boylepoker IPO satellites tonight at 20:00 with a $5 Re-buy tournament. We will be running 3 $5 re-buy's per week, Sun, Tues & Thurs, and a $10 freezout every Friday.

Scheduled IPO Re-Buy Satellite MTT’s
    (Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday @ 20:00)

Buy in: $5 + $0.50
    1 Re-buy & 1 Add-on
    10 Min Blinds
    1 Seat Guaranteed.

Starting Chips: 1500 Chips
    Add-on: 2000 Chips

Scheduled IPO Freezout Satellite MTT’s
    (Friday’s @ 20:00)

Buy-in: $10 + $1
    12 min blinds
    1 Seat Guaranteed

Starting Chips: 3000 Chips

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

careca wrote: »
    Two years in a row now, as soon as I book my weekend to see Liverpool, this is announced for the same dates. :(

better off playing poker liverpool will win nothing u might get lucky :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭JamieCarra

careca wrote: »

My plan is to play the Friday, fly to Liverpool on sat morning, then back late sat / or early Sunday to play Day 2:D
    corkie123 wrote: »
    better off playing poker liverpool will win nothing u might get lucky

Grrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

how is it decided what starting day you play? or when registering is there the option to reg for friday or saturday?

ditpoker wrote: »
    how is it decided what starting day you play? or when registering is there the option to reg for friday or saturday?

You buy in on whichever day you wish in the poker lobby. There are sats running too and if you win into day 1a and want to play day 1b and vice versa just drop us an email and we will get you changed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just a quick question, do you have anywhere we can sign up so that it tags us as registering because of the IPO?

Just a quick question, do you have anywhere we can sign up so that it tags us as registering because of the IPO?

No there are no promo codes etc. But we will are building a database of players who register for the tournament in the lobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 rayfitz

Hey Stephen,

Best of luck with this, ive finished up college but im sure there will be a lot of dcu heads at this. Il also spread the word amongst my mates. Glad to see you're working well with boyles, they're a great bunch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Moro Man

What is the max no of runners you can accommodate?

Moro Man wrote: »
    What is the max no of runners you can accommodate?

At the moment were looking at 1200 runners, 600 for each of the starting days, DAY 1A & DAY 1B. If or when we reach the 1200we will accommodate as many players as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lillou

Do you really think you can fill those kind of numbers?

• Advertisement

lillou wrote: »
    Do you really think you can fill those kind of numbers?

We had over 1,400 names on file for last years tournament (from about 20 countries). Only 1,072 got to play but yes, honestly I think we can fill this tournament and have everyone paid up in full before 1st Oct 2008.

I'm not saying its a small task by any means but if players get behind the event, tell every other poker player (or wannabe poker player) about the tournament and help us to get everyone registered early and playing on BoylePoker (To add money to the prize-pool) then I honestly think we can get 1,200 players and a €200,000 - €220,000 pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Think I'll come home for the weekend for this, sounds great...

zuutroy wrote: »
    Think I'll come home for the weekend for this, sounds great...

Better add Belgium to the list so :)

Ok, this morning I am looking for ideas. Serious suggestions about how we can hype up this tournament an extra level.

Ideas about online and live promos are most welcome, most especially online.

We will be out around the country over the next two months promoting the hell out of the tournament in every pub, club and magazine stall but we just need to make sure we are not doing anything to let one single poker player not know about this tournament.

My main worry right now is that with the amount of International players contacting me and already making travel and accom arrangements that there won't be enough seats for Irish players. So how do we get Irish players registering early too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Would any of the radio stations give you a few minutes?

zuutroy wrote: »
    Would any of the radio stations give you a few minutes?

Yes, we'll be doing a few interviews and that. We are also trying to decide which is best, (a) spend money running lots of ads on radio, newpapers etc or (b) giving away a shedload of cash at the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Get in touch with Metro or Herald AM and see will they do a small article on it.

bobbyg wrote: »
    Get in touch with Metro or Herald AM and see will they do a small article on it.

I have a meeting with the Irish Times (same as Metro and a few others) tomorrow morning, funny you mentioned that actually.

These are all good ideas though keep them going folks....I'm really interested in the main stream side of things as this whole tournament is about introducing a load of new players into the game (and showing them a professional standard for the smallish entry fee) as much as anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

Sponsor the Wexford net in the Leinster football final, you'll get plenty of TV airtime :D

Hand flyers out at all the major sporting/entertainment events re: the above, you missed a good opportunity at oxygen me thinks

• Advertisement

Blip wrote: »
    Sponsor the Wexford net in the Leinster football final, you'll get plenty of TV airtime :D

Hand flyers out at all the major sporting/entertainment events re: the above, you missed a good opportunity at oxygen me thinks

I was handing out flyers to the Dublin One Hundred at that :eek:

Great idea though and one I will definitely pursue....I also hand them out at all the race meetings I attend but I hadn't thought of that one, cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement