Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2008 - Official Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lillou

Fair play Ciarán. We knew you were hired for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

We are going to do up a book (both a betting book and a physical book that players will be able to read through on arrival) on the event guys.

Click here to give us your details....If you have won a WSOP bracelet and don't tell us about it we will be most upset :)
    http://www.pokerireland.ie/index.php/services/player_profiles/

We have 361 players fully paid for this tournament so far. Only 47 days to kick-off time.

We're aiming to get over the 650 mark by mid-September. This will mean that a serious amount of cash will be added to the prize-pool by BoylePoker.com (so long as the registered players play even a few small online tournaments or a bit of cash)....

Stephen.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am thinking about playing this,is there any way you can pick to start on day 1 B...?I will not be around on the Friday so can not play day 1 A.

Dub13 wrote: »
    I am thinking about playing this,is there any way you can pick to start on day 1 B...?I will not be around on the Friday so can not play day 1 A.

Yeah no bother, just log onto BoylePoker.com and register for Day 1B (in the main tournament lobby)....

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

carfax wrote: »
    Yeah no bother, just log onto BoylePoker.com and register for Day 1B (in the main tournament lobby)....

Cheers,
    Stephen.

Thats great I did not think you could do that.

Will this cause you probs if say 80% of players want to play on 1B...?

Dub13 wrote: »
    Thats great I did not think you could do that.

Will this cause you probs if say 80% of players want to play on 1B...?

At the moment its about 230 for Day 1A and 130 odd for Day 1B. Once day 1A fills, Day 1B will be the only day available.....we are expecting the tournament to be completely full before 1st Oct (we are well on target for this if last year's numbers are anything to go by)....

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

whats the max number the tourney can take carfax, just out of curiosity?

whats the max number the tourney can take carfax, just out of curiosity?

Capped at 600 per day Doc.

re: the book, the gambling one, not the printed one:

put me down at 1000/1 to win it so i can justify betting a tenner on meself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

At the moment its about 230 for Day 1A and 130 odd for Day 1B. Once day 1A fills, Day 1B will be the only day available.....we are expecting the tournament to be completely full before 1st Oct (we are well on target for this if last year's numbers are anything to go by)....

Stephen.

not one to be seen correcting ste all the time, but its actually 230 for day 1B, and 130 for day 1A. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

didnt even consider playing this cos of the staying away factor, but just copped, i prob wont last day one, and can head home. its win win. kind of. :D

zuroph wrote: »
    didnt even consider playing this cos of the staying away factor, but just copped, i prob wont last day one, and can head home. its win win. kind of. :D

lol, easy game and all that it is! crush field day 1, come back day 2 with more chips than god, get a big score! smiles all around! *

* or bust after 20 mins and gamble up the side events!

ditpoker wrote: »
    not one to be seen correcting ste all the time, but its actually 230 for day 1B, and 130 for day 1A. :p

:mad: Whatever man, whatever, you just concentrate on scoring goals this season.

371 now anyway.....That's 133 for Day 1A and 238 for Day 1B :)

Its going up by ten every time I log on :)

_________

Just so everyone knows, we will be scouring the country dragging as many poker players as we can find into BoyleSports offices to deposit their buy-ins and get themselves registered for the tournament. We are aiming to have 700 people fully paid up before 15th Sept. We think once we get to that point it will only take a week or so to sell out completely....

If you plan to play and you have not already registered you should do so now. I know its tying up the €150 for a few weeks but its better to know you have a seat than to risk missing this tournament (in my humble opinion :) ).

Stephen.

:mad: Whatever man, whatever, you just concentrate on scoring goals this season.

371 now anyway.....That's 133 for Day 1A and 238 for Day 1B :)

Its going up by ten every time I log on :)

_________

Just so everyone knows, we will be scouring the country dragging as many poker players as we can find into BoyleSports offices to deposit their buy-ins and get themselves registered for the tournament. We are aiming to have 700 people fully paid up before 15th Sept. We think once we get to that point it will only take a week or so to sell out completely....

If you plan to play and you have not already registered you should do so now. I know its tying up the €150 for a few weeks but its better to know you have a seat than to risk missing this tournament (in my humble opinion :) ).

Stephen.

so anyway, we're in agreement on that 1000/1 then Stephen?

also, if you're Carfax, who is the Count?

so anyway, we're in agreement on that 1000/1 then Stephen?

also, if you're Carfax, who is the Count?

There is no way in hell that you are a 1,000/1 shot.....

So you read the book recently?....Great isn't it?

$3,000 Free-Roll on BoylePoker tonight.

4 Tickets into the IPO guaranteed ($500 Spending Money included). 1,500 VIP points required.

I'll post a full list of these satellites on our site shortly.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Why do these sats always clash with my gym time?! :(

Havent managed to play even one satellite to this yet, must try fit one in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

4 Tickets into the IPO guaranteed ($500 Spending Money included). 1,500 VIP points required.

Cheers,
    Stephen.
    anyone transfer me 1500 VIP points please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

I just registered for the Killarney one, and now I have to register for this one too and quick as I can only play on the Day 1B ....damn expensive day! :D

• Advertisement

TripleAce wrote: »
    I just registered for the Killarney one, and now I have to register for this one too and quick as I can only play on the Day 1B ....damn expensive day! :D

Cheers dude (had a few drinks so I'm allowed say dude)....Appreciate it.

Stephen.

Just checked it now, 387 players now. It went up by 26 players since this morning :).

Sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Just went to reg and my account is closed..this will require further investigation tomorrow. Got the flyers by the way. I'll litter the town with them during the week,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Cheers,
    Stephen.

I suppose I'm going to have to play in my first live tourney then?

:D:D:D

I suppose you guys have the hotel block booked?

Grafter wrote: »
    I suppose I'm going to have to play in my first live tourney then?

:D:D:D

I suppose you guys have the hotel block booked?

You win a ticket tonight Grafter???

Yeah, just quote "BoylePoker" to get the poker rate. Regency is 01 8373544.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

zuutroy wrote: »
    Just went to reg and my account is closed..this will require further investigation tomorrow. Got the flyers by the way. I'll litter the town with them during the week,

Hi Rob,

I'm not even going to write an email to Ciaran on this one. He will probably have you sorted in about 0.6 seconds. We have a load of players coming over from Luxembourg by the way, thats in your neck of the woods :).

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Cheers,
    Stephen.

My internet went down when there where 6 left going for the 4 seats and we all had 5-8 BB's.

My neighbours are going to be looking at me strangely tomorrow as howling "NNnnooooooooooooooooooooooo" isn't totally normal for me.

Got back just in time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭belfastlad

Yeah, just quote "BoylePoker" to get the poker rate. Regency is 01 8373544.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

hi stephen to save me ringing and asking. whats the normal rate for 3nights and the disscounted poker rate?

belfastlad wrote: »
    hi stephen to save me ringing and asking. whats the normal rate for 3nights and the disscounted poker rate?

No bother, I posted this a few pages back in the thread but I know it gets complicated reading through pages and pages of posts (you can't open more than one thread about one event here though, you might get a few complaints :) )

The rate in the Regency itself is now €145 for a double room (there were a number of triple rooms at this same rate but they are booked out at the moment I think)....Any of the hotels or B&B's are within walking distance or very short drive to the hotel. Hope this helps;

Name Contact Number Email Rate Per Night (Breakfast Included) Address
    Regency Hotel "018373544 from €48 per person Swords Road, Whitehall, D.9
    Carlton Airport Hotel "018667500 4 Star from €57 per person Parkway Hse Old Airport rd Cloughran Co. Dublin
    Days Hotel Dublin Airport (01)8669500 3 Star from €36 per person Santry Cross Ballymun Rd Dublin 9
    Clarion Hotel Dublin Airport (01)8080500 4 Star from €55 per person Dublin Airport Co. Dublin
    Premier Inn Dublin Airport (01)8957777 3 Star from €55 per person Airside Retail Park Swords Co. Dublin Co. Dublin
    Clontarf Castle Hotel (01)8332321 4 Star Deluxe from €74 per person Castle Ave Clontarf 3 Co. Dublin
    Great Southern Hotel (01)8446000 4 Star from €36 per person Dublin Airport Co. Dublin
    Dublin Skylon Hotel 01 8843900 3 Star from €43 per person Drumcondra Road, D.9
    Radisson SAS Hotel Dublin Airport (01)8446000 4 Star from €56 per person Dublin Airport Co. Dublin
    Express Holiday Inn (01)8628866 3 Star from €35 per person Northwood Park Santry Demesne Santry Dublin 9
    Crowne Plaza Hotel (01)8628866 4 Star from €78 per person Northwood Park Santry Demesne Santry Dublin 9

B&B From €30 per person (triple sharing)
    Timode House "018372277
    Ferryview House "018335893 www.ferryviewhouse.com 96/97 Clontarf Road, Clontarf, D.3
    Laverna "018375311 127 Griffith Avenue, Drumcondra, D.9
    Abberley House B&B "01 8309359 abberleyhouse@iol.ie 19 Upper Saint Columbas Road, Drumcondra, D.9
    Azalea Lodge 01-8370300 azalea.lodge@gmail.com 67 Upper Drumcondra Road, Dublin 9
    Griffith House Bed and Breakfast 01 837 50 30 info@griffithhouse.ie, www.griffithhouse.com 125 Griffith Avenue, Drumcondra, D.9
    Almara Accommodations Dublin 01 8510512 info@almarabb.com, www.almarabb.com (Accomodates 40 people) 226 Collins Avenue West, Whitehall, Dublin 9
    Flyover Bed and Breakfast 01 8372632 info@flyoveronline.com, 223 swords road, Santry, D.9
    Airport Lodge B&B 01 842 4848 info@airportlodge.ie, www.airportlodge.ie 322 Swords Road, Santry, D.9
    San Michele B&B Dublin 01 8510512 386 Collins Avenue, Whitehall, D.9
    Aisling House 01 8370300 ashlinghouse@gmail.com

• Advertisement

After you register for the tournament visit http://www.pokerireland.ie/index.php/services/player_profiles/ and give us a few details about your poker history and YOUR STORY from last years IPO.

Register...... NOW!!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement