Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S Dine for 2 = €12.50

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Travel is good

You're right. I just had some of the Cava and it really is quite nice. What a bargain. I also had the lemon chicken & trifle - lovely! I never was fond of trifle until I stared buying this one.

Re: the strawberry & rhubarb pie, that must have been a mistake on the M&S website. It's gone from the website. I got an apple & blackberry pie instead, had to put it in the freezer as took ages to get through the trifle!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

I'm sure everyone knows the story with this by now.
    Main course, side dish, desert and bottle of wine for 12.50.
    Great value for money.
    Just watch the calories on the desserts!
    Running now till Monday according to the sign.

Something similar to this i'd say
    http://www.marksandspencer.com/Dine-in-Pound-10-Offers-Instore-Our-Food-Food-Wine/b/198933031

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Anyone know if any of the wines are drinkable? I've tried the Gaston de veau before and its a bit 'meh' .....

I'm not mad about those French wines in the deal. Though there is Dolphin Bay Chardonnay, that's not bad. Someone recommended Dolphin's Bay Shiraz to me before, it was good. Though it's not in this offer, this time. A previous poster recommended the Raso. So I have that from the last offer. Someone could organise a wine tasting event!

To be honest, I never expect the wines to be great, as the price is so good.

Does anyone else have any favourite wines from the offer?

I'm still working on the Cava Brut from the last offer, what a bargain! I'm afraid there is no Cava this time, not today anyway in Jervis.

The Honey Glazed Gammon is back, so stocking up time for me.

You are right about the desserts, so bad for you. I know there are a few afficionados on this site of the profiteroles . You could try the cheese, if you didn't want those sugary desserts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Honey glazed gammon and profiteroles....ohhhh baby :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

I'm not mad about those French wines in the deal. Though there is Dolphin Bay Chardonnay, that's not bad.

Thought you said "Dolphins Barn Chardonnay" LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

The deserts aren't great - too dry. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Thought you said "Dolphins Barn Chardonnay" LOL

I didn't know Dutch Gold was included in the offer :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

TM wrote: »
    The deserts aren't great - too dry. :o

Damn you!

There was Cava Brut in Mary St. last night at about 8pm. There should be a few bottles there this morning.

The Dolphins Bay Chardonnay wasn't bad at all, I had to test it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Burgers, wedges & berries for dinner + btl of wine. Have icecream at home. yum yum.

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

I'm still working on the Cava Brut from the last offer, what a bargain! I'm afraid there is no Cava this time, not today anyway in Jervis.

just a heas up but I was in Jervis today and there was about 4 or 5 bottles of cava left on the shelves!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Got myself the ready roasted chicken, the house salad, the cheese and a red wine. Don't need an oven of any description. Lazy me :D

underpants wrote: »
    just a heas up but I was in Jervis today and there was about 4 or 5 bottles of cava left on the shelves!
    Thanks, yes I got 3 bottles. Then I had to give 2 away as I couldn't drink them all. The ham was lovely, and the Cava wasn't bad. I was good this time & got cheese instead of dessert. Though cheese is still not good for you I'm sure.

I might get back to M&S tomorrow. I thought the offer was on til Tuesday, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

I had the garlic mushrooms for starters, indian maybe cant remember for main and raspberry cream desert, had the dodgey-est stomach for the rest of the night, dunno which one was bad but stay clear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Much more likely it just didnt agree with you as opposed to something wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

The quality is definitely slipping; the gammon was lovely, but the salad/garden potatoes were awful, and the wine, we poured it down the sink, terrible! I wouldn't bother with the Cava, I've tried it before, and I know it's not good. I did say the Cava wasn't great on last years "12 bottles for €36" crazy Cava thread. I'm glad people are finally realising not everything fizzy, in a fancy bottle is fantastic, even if it is from M&S. I've had better Cava from a Spar shop in the Canaries for €2.19.

As for the food, the Tesco meal deal is now as good quality as M&S, the wines are better, and it's €2.50 less. Putting poor quality food and wine into their meal deal, risking reputation and repeat sales, is a foolish move by M&S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Oracle wrote: »
    The quality is definitely slipping; the gammon was lovely, but the salad/garden potatoes were awful, and the wine, we poured it down the sink, terrible! I wouldn't bother with the Cava, I've tried it before, and I know it's not good. I did say the Cava wasn't great on last years "12 bottles for €36" crazy Cava thread. I'm glad people are finally realising not everything fizzy, in a fancy bottle is fantastic, even if it is from M&S. I've had better Cava from a Spar shop in the Canaries for €2.19.

As for the food, the Tesco meal deal is now as good quality as M&S, the wines are better, and it's €2.50 less. Putting poor quality food and wine into their meal deal, risking reputation and repeat sales, is a foolish move by M&S.

tesco fanboy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

tesco fanboy

Actually, I have to say that some of the items in the Tesco deal is better than anything I've had in the M&S deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Got the Moroccan chicken, potato wedges and créme bruleé on Monday. Very nice I must say, although portions are small. The wife wasnt feeling great so I ate it all on my own. Glad I didnt have to share, I'd have been starving. Got rose wine, havent tried it yet.

She did eat the cremé bruleé though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

I'm a big fan of the honey-glazed ham. We had it with the roasted vegetables Monday night. It was a cracking meal and enough for the two of us. When you factor in the desert and wine, 12:50 is a massive bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

tesco fanboy

Yeah, there's a lot of Tesco Fanboys around :rolleyes:

Well hello again everyone!

Back again for €12.50, from Thursday til Tuesday

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Dine-in-Pound-10-Offers-Instore-Our-Food-Food-Wine/b/198933031

Seems to be some different desserts and wines

Let me know what the food and wine taste like! I was running out of wine anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

Meh, nothing jumps out at me much on that list. Apart from the trifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

this'll do me for the weekend

Medium chicken (un-roasted)
    Stuffed garlic mushrooms
    Choc Pudding
    Btl red one

yum :)

I got the sirloin steak, garlic mushrooms. I had the trifle earlier, it was yummy!

i have the rotisserie chicken - drumsticks & thighs for Saturday. Everyone thinks there is a barbeque here at the weekend.

I decided to skip the Cava Brut this time (it was in Mary st. at lunchtime Thursday). For research purposes I tried the Raso red wine, rather nice.

That's all the reviews for now. Anybody else?

Oracle wrote: »

I meant to say earlier, do you want to set up a separate thread for the Tescos Meal for €10 offer? This thread is supposed to be for people who are reasonably appreciative of the M&S deal.

While I do buy the Tescos meal from time to time, it annoys me when they run out of parts of it - say the side dish etc. Also they don't vary the choices very much. Though I admit the wine is good. So maybe we can continue this discussion on the Tescos thread, if there is one?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Anyone any idea has the 25% of 6 wines promotion ended that was on last week?

Great offer too,*hiccup*:D.

Edit,just back and the above offer on 6 wines/champs is still on.

Thanks for the info. on the wine, I must check that out. You're right (hic!) this is turning out to be more of a wine appreciation thread! I use this offer as a way of stocking up on wine. I didn't really want to mention the "T" word, but there are some very good wine bargains over there too....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055924065

We had the rotisserie chicken from M&S last night, very nice. There was also some good ice cream in the offer too (rocky road, strawberry eton mess), worth about €5.50, so a good deal. I got it in M&S Liffey Valley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Roasted Vegetable Tart as a main. Finally, a decent veggie option! :D

Cheers for the heads up!

Advertisement