Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - Wine - Chateauneuf du Pape MISPRICE

Options
  • 28-05-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Just been in Tesco in Douglas, Noticed a pallet of unpriced Chateauneuf du Pape and picked up a bottle and asked the price from a staff member, he told me that Tesco had mispriced in the paper at the weekend @ €7.99 a bottle. Normally goes for €19.99!
    It's similarly priced on their website http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266654734

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭jc77

Just been in Tesco in Douglas, Noticed a pallet of unpriced Chateauneuf du Pape and picked up a bottle and asked the price from a staff member, he told me that Tesco had mispriced in the paper at the weekend @ €7.99 a bottle. Normally goes for €19.99!
    It's similarly priced on their website http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266654734

Misprice? doubt it, offer valid until June 1st.

Picked up a few bottles in Dooradoyle this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

Just going on what I was told by the staff, since it was advertised at €7.99 they had to sell it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

product currently unavailable on the web site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭rom

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    product currently unavailable on the web site

jut bought a few 10 mins ago from the site

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Showing up fine on the website for me, couldn't find it in Clare Hall earlier :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I think availability on the website depends on what your local Tesco has in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

kc66 wrote: »
    I think availability on the website depends on what your local Tesco has in stock.

It must be have just checked again and still says product unavailable

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭paldude

Just ordered 12 btls - thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Picked up the last 3 bottles in Roselawn. Cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

It's not on the website now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭sxt

Merci, j'adore du pape

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Picked up the last 2 bottles in Mahon Point, Cork . Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Connrang

Just back from Athlone Tesco, full price....no reduction !:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kindalen

a steal at this price, have bought and tested.... it. well worth the price, plus another 5% off if you buy 6 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Zell

Got 4 bottles in Tesco, Drogheda. Another Boards shopper there too. Good news travels fast! It was marked full price but staff member went off, checked it and came back to verify reduction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Just going on what I was told by the staff, since it was advertised at €7.99 they had to sell it at that.

No they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Thanks a lot OP. I just ordered 6 bottles from the website. The delivery charge is only €4 on Tuesdays, well worth it. I'd hate to have to carry so many bottles into the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭glanman

I ended up getting 6 bottles. wasnt in the shop myself (got someone to pick them up for me) but apparently there are other offers too... I got 6 of the 2008 which is not supposed to be as amazing as other years of chateaneuf but then again it will be a very good wine. I havent tasted this yet but at 7.99 it is a serious bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Ordered 6 bottles sunday from tesco online :) only 1 bottle arrived in order :(, shall i ring and complain or be happy i got one, suppose i should drink the stuff first....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Ordered 3 bottles online on Saturday, delivery today, didn't get any - bah.

P.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that. I just got my online order earlier, success! I specifically said on the website that I didn't want any substitutions, only the Chateuneuf Pape.

You could complain...what's the other wine that you got like? Is it as good a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Zell wrote: »
    Got 4 bottles in Tesco, Drogheda. Another Boards shopper there too. Good news travels fast! It was marked full price but staff member went off, checked it and came back to verify reduction.

was it the Tesco Extra in Drogheda Zell - and if so, where exactly is thisw fabulous wine in the store :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Ordered on the 30th. delivered tonight. :) All the shops I looked in were sold out.

I agree, I tried a good few Tescos here in Dublin, couldn't see it on the shelves. That's why I tried online. You'll be doing well to get some though, news is travelling fast!

What's the wine like? Did anyone try it yet? I'm trying to leave it til the weekend, too tempting.

just ordered 6 bottles online - just in case they had none instore!! May get more 2moro

Love love love that wine.

Thanks a gazillion OP:D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

35notout wrote: »
    just ordered 6 bottles online - just in case they had none instore!! May get more 2moro

Love love love that wine.

Thanks a gazillion OP:D

The offer ends today so if they deliver your order tomorrow will they not charge you full price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mspill32

got four bottles in clearwater store today funny how the bottles were covered from view with a similar wine that cost 15 euro and 23 euro
    again no price on the shelf for this wine hope it tastes good ;)

The offer ends today so if they deliver your order tomorrow will they not charge you full price?

I hope not, cos I paid for them yesterday! I ordered before midnight, so should still get the offer

I'll let you know when they deliver later !!

EDIT: Just checked the Tesco site and this wine is now E9.99 - still a good bargain but E7.99 is sweeter !!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

Ordered some online last night. Got a phonecall this morning saying they have none in their depot.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sidd

Ordered 12 yesterday, they arrived earlier - priced €9.99 - delighted with that!

Advertisement