Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S Dine for 2 = €12.50

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

just a quick heads-up that there is a Cava that's on offer for about 9 quid (label is mostly white with a bit of red), which will go through as part of the offer

Can / has this been confirmed ?

Is this the one :

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Brut-Cava-Case-of-12/dp/B000WIXL7Y?ie=UTF8&qid=1271328236&categoryNodeID=&ref=sr_1_1&page=&node=42966030&sr=1-1&mnSBrand=core&rh=

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Whats the best time to avail of this , most times I've tried in Cork they only have 1 or 2 choices left.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ah looking forward to this!

Becoming a routine with me now, and is always great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Cameraman

Barr wrote: »
    Whats the best time to avail of this , most times I've tried in Cork they only have 1 or 2 choices left.

Try early - 10:30 am on (can't get wine before then - 12 on Sun).

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Thanks for the tip Muckety! :D had lemon sole, frites, white wine, cheesecake thingy. Mmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

I got the cava in Jervis M&S, not many left on the shelf though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Had the Paella last nite with Cava :D great value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Had the Cava - wasn't too impressed but for 12.50 with food can't really complain!

Mussles are good - had for lunch with the Garlic breads - Garlic overload!!

Chicken was also nice, but LOTS of garlic! Roast spud not bad but their frozen ones are better.

Raspberry Panacotta - Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,794 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Raspberry Panacotta - Yum!

I picked this up in one of the previous deals thinking it'd be slightly healthier than the chocolate-loaded alternatives (well, its got fruit in it...)

it has actually got something like 95% of your saturated-fat allowance in one portion! Delicious though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Mains

Gammon Joint
    Rotisserie Chicken
    Ready To Roast Lemon Chicken
    The Grill Ginger Lime & Coriander Chicken
    The Grill Rotisserie Chicken Drumsticks & Thighs
    Rainbow Trout with Tomato & Basil Butter
    The Cook Menu Cajun Stuffed Chicken Parcels
    The Cook Menu Chicken & Chorizo Stew
    The Cook Menu Beef Roulades with Spinach & Ricotta
    The Cook Menu Luxury Salmon & Watercress Fish Cakes
    The Cook Menu Mushroom & Stilton Risotto (V) Accompaniments

New Potatoes with Butter & Herbs
    Ultimate Mash
    Rosemary Potatoes
    Chips
    Hasselback Potatoes
    Fresh Super Vegetables
    Mediterranean Style Vegetables
    Pea, Bean & Vegetable Layer
    House Salad Bowl
    Italian Salad
    Coleslaw & Potato Salad Desserts

2 Raspberry & Mascarpone Slices
    2 Melting Middle Chocolate Puddings
    2 Lemon Souffles
    2 Pots au chocolat
    2 Raspberry Panna Cottas
    Strawberry & Rhubarb Puff Pastry Pie
    2 Millionaire Shortbread Desserts
    Strawberry Trifle
    Clotted Vanilla Velvet Ice Cream
    Maple Peach Crunch Ice Cream
    Rocky Road Ice Cream Strawberry and Cornish Clotted Cream Ice Cream
    Coconut and Mango Dream Ice Cream
    Toffee and Hazelnut Twist Ice Cream
    Raspberry Revolution Iced Dessert
    Lemon Sorbet
    Fruity Mango Sorbet
    Count On Us… Vanilla Ice Cream
    Cheese Selection
    Fresh Fruit Salad Wines & Drinks:

Californian Zinfandel Rose
    IGT Pinot Grigio
    Reggiano Rosso
    Cobborah Chardonnay
    Cobborah Shiraz
    Elqui PX
    Citrus Soft Brew
    Blackcurrant Soft Brew
    Apple Soft Brew
    Elderflower Presse Twin Pack
    Valencia Orange 2 Litre

Sorry, couldn't quite get all this text into the previous post. I see there is a Gammon Joint. If that is the one with the honey glaze, then that is yummy! There seems to be a good dessert selection, I like the way they have changed the menu from the last time, as you do get fed up with the same stuff (I mean the Tesco's meal, it doesn't change that often).

M&S seem to be putting up the info. on the Wednesday night, which is handy. It's also great that they are extending the offer from Thursday til Tuesday.

Any reviews on the wine? I know I've tasted the Coborrah before, quite acceptable. Thanks for all the info. two weeks ago about the Cava, though I wouldn't say that will appear again, will it?

A while ago, some friends & I had a "Dine in for 2" dinner party, well it was one of the best nights ever! Each person brought a different meal. We also tried to make sure that the food was easily cooked, so the "hostess" wouldn't have too much work to do. You could also supplement with salad as it saves too much cooking. At the time, there was also cheese for dessert. I really enjoyed it! Of course, you need plenty of wine also! It's a great idea if you don't have much money for going out & someone is willing to lend their house for the night.

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Price?

Oh sorry! I thought everyone here was an expert on this offer.

Great value at €12.50. That includes the wine.

So you get the bottle of wine, along with a nice dinner. I usually try to get the freezable food, so that I always have something nice on standby. Just check the labels, as sometimes the food is refrigerated only, & you can't freeze it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Cool, will probably go in for a look tomorrow! So you just choose one from each section is it?

I can't believe that there is someone who hasn't tried this offer before! You're in for a treat.

So it's
    One Main Course
    One side dish (potatoes, veg, salad whatever)
    One dessert
    and only one bottle of wine.

I often buy a few of them (can't help it) and mix and match. Usually most of the wine is OK, what do you all think? I try not to buy the French wine, as it may not be great. So if anyone has any recommendations on the wine, I'd love to hear it.

Hoppie, if I were you, I'd head into M&S from 10.30am tomorrow, as you will get the best selection. You can't buy the wine until 10.30am anyway.

Though the fact that the offer is on til next Tuesday should hopefully mean that supplies won't run out too quickly, as used to happen in the past.

I still have some wine left from the last offer. I will be strong, I won't drink it....

Good luck tomorrow!

I tried the PX last time (as it has a couple of awards according to the M&S website) and was pleasantly surprised, nice wine for the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Thanks guys, that's dinner sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

No gammon in Blackrock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

Cava (White label, red top) available in Jervis :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

muckety wrote: »
    I tried the PX last time (as it has a couple of awards according to the M&S website) and was pleasantly surprised, nice wine for the price!
    I agree, the PX is the best that I've tried.

Thanks for that. Yes, there was Cava in M&S, Mary St. at about 1pm today! I don't know why they don't put it on the website, just to surprise us all. It's Cava Brut. I don't know what it tastes like, but who's complaining, at that price.

The gammon doesn't have the honey glaze, it's just plain unsmoked. But i picked up 2 anyway, there was plenty of gammon there in Mary St.

Thanks for the info. on the PX wine. Now I'll just gave to go back in and buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Anyone see if Cava is available in Grafton Street?

Thanks for that. Yes, there was Cava in M&S, Mary St. at about 1pm today! I don't know why they don't put it on the website, just to surprise us all. It's Cava Brut. I don't know what it tastes like, but who's complaining, at that price.

The gammon doesn't have the honey glaze, it's just plain unsmoked. But i picked up 2 anyway, there was plenty of gammon there in Mary St.

Thanks for the info. on the PX wine. Now I'll just gave to go back in and buy it!

The cava is OK, nothing special but drinkable - put a couple of strawberries in it and enjoy!

drkpower wrote: »
    Anyone see if Cava is available in Grafton Street?
    No Cava Brut in either Grafton St. or Mary St. today. I think I've copped on to this one, they seem to sell the Cava on Thursdays only, I suppose as a way to attract us into the shop. It was only on sale on a Thursday during the previous offer.

I may not be near an M&S during the next offer, but I'll keep my eye out for Cava. I agree, the Cava is just OK, though when it's chilled, I'll drink it anyway!

I just saw an ad for Dunnes who seem to be doing a meal special for €12. Has anyone tried it? I prefer the M&S one, it has great variety & the wine is not bad.

Cava sighted in M&S in Blanch today about 1pm, so I got 2 bottles, along with the meals of course!

There weren't many supplies left, so don't know if it will be there tomorrow.

You have to make sure the Cava is actually included in the offer. It was displayed in Grafton St. & Mary St. on Friday but was not included in the Dine in for 2 offer on that day. Strange...

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sillysasauge

Does anyone know what time m and s shuts in town tioday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Did anyone see any of the Strawberry & rhubarb pies?

It sounded so good I thought they could only have been made by god himself :p

However the missus couldnt find any in grafton street or dundrum/

Did anyone else have any success with this one?

No, I didn't see those at all, and I was in 3 different stores. Sounds yummy!

Well, there's still time til tomorrow, the offer finishes tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Few Cavas still available in IFSC M&S this afternoon. Remarkably good deal when you get the Cava as the wine. It may not be incredibly good, but its perfectly drinkable, and for €4 or €5, it tastes even better:).

Advertisement