Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Hardly seen any boards jerseys yet this year. Even my own are lurking in a drawer awaiting the summer.

Dermot Illogical this morning doing his David Gilmour impression flying down the Malahide Road as I struggled manfully up...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkq6LOlrH7svlKNQBzyTLDNJ65vaz8BAvb42ZOoVtK4UjPVigftHqWCzA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Met smacl on the way up to Viewing Point this morning while I was on the St. Tiernan's Saturday spin.

If you're wondering where we went http://app.strava.com/activities/49687363 65km and 1500m+ of climbing, ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Met smacl on the way up to Viewing Point this morning while I was on the St. Tiernan's Saturday spin.

If you're wondering where we went http://app.strava.com/activities/49687363 65km and 1500m+ of climbing, ouch!

Aaah so that's who it was, smacl twas nice to meet you! I was the looper going back and forward on the BMC

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Must have been smacl I passed around the same time so - also spotted Colm_gti and the rest of the Tiernans crew, heard the shout but you were gone in a blur ;-) I was in the Thinkbike jersey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

colm18 wrote: »
    Must have been smacl I passed around the same time so - also spotted Colm_gti and the rest of the Tiernans crew, heard the shout but you were gone in a blur ;-)

And here was me thinking you'd burned me :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

colm_gti wrote: »
    And here was me thinking you'd burned me :rolleyes:

Can't it be both?

Beardo boardsie in a new jersey spotted on the slog from laragh to sally gap half an hour ago.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Also meself, limping home after one too many hills and too much cake at the hippy cafe!

Boardsie who managed a dramatic disrobe of a high viz to reveal a new boardsie top, descending from the viewing point towards Glengree about an hour ago. Also me Eoin1984 and Dipsomaniac at different points on the Military road.

Ah t'was yourself. A couple of viscous ramps in that run, the cunard back to military road section has to be one of most evil climbs out there. I ended up with my first foray up the wall this year, which did me no good whatsoever. Seriously need to consider dropping some pounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ruffmut

Spotted a jersey and shorts on o Connell bridge in Dublin this afternoon around 2:45

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ruffmut wrote: »
    Spotted a jersey and shorts on o Connell bridge in Dublin this afternoon around 2:45
    That was probably me - I crossed there around that time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Spotted one going up Howth earlier this evening with a Fuji, tailed for a bit then overtook! Was unaware of your climbing ability so I didn't introduce myself before the climb, keeping anonymous is what I do best with my terrible climbing skills :pac:

Zyzz wrote: »
    Spotted one going up Howth earlier this evening with a Fuji, tailed for a bit then overtook! Was unaware of your climbing ability so I didn't introduce myself before the climb, keeping anonymous is what I do best with my terrible climbing skills :pac:
    That was me also! There's nothing wrong with you climbing skills - when you passed me I thought you had found a turbo boost. I had 80kms done before getting to Howth so I was tiring but I still got a few personal bests there. (I'm not much of a climber :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

That was me also! There's nothing wrong with you climbing skills - when you passed me I thought you had found a turbo boost. I had 80kms done before getting to Howth so I was tiring but I still got a few personal bests there. (I'm not much of a climber :o)

Ha I'm a bit on the heavy side to be posting any good times going uphill! Horrible headwind on the Sutton side descent aswel, had planned to try and get a top 10 :( I'll be sure to say hello next time I see ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Boardsie in a new jersey cycling through Castle Market/Drury St beside Pygmalion in town today, around 3-3:30 maybe.

smacl wrote: »
    Boardsie who managed a dramatic disrobe of a high viz to reveal a new boardsie top, descending from the viewing point towards Glengree about an hour ago. Also me Eoin1984 and Dipsomaniac at different points on the Military road.

The dramatic disrobing sounds like me but was between the sally gap and laragh. Unless someone is copying my style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Were you going up Sutton side around 5pm or so? Spotted a boardsie in full new kit when going home (was in the car by then with the bike on the back). Might have been you.

Boardsie in a new jersey cycling through Castle Market/Drury St beside Pygmalion in town today, around 3-3:30 maybe.
    That was me yet again - am I being stalked? :D

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Were you going up Sutton side around 5pm or so? Spotted a boardsie in full new kit when going home (was in the car by then with the bike on the back). Might have been you.
    Yup - probably me. I did spot a car heading up with a bike on the back.

• Advertisement

Dónal wrote: »
    The dramatic disrobing sounds like me but was between the sally gap and laragh. Unless someone is copying my style.

Nope, my mind was starting to wander a bit at that point. Thought it was later on.

Namelessphil in civvies towing a chariot at speed up Marley hill, passed myself and my youngest pushing our bikes resplendent in high viz and helmets.

Apparently a new jersey spotted cycling by nutgrove shopping centre at around a quarter past twelve today.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Keep seeing one coming in and out of Lusk

Keep seeing one coming in and out of Lusk
    On the Rathmore Road (by pass) or in the village. If it's the Rathmore Road, it could be me (heading to and from Rush).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

8.20pm this evening,Swords rd going past the stadium heading towards the airport.

8.20pm this evening,Swords rd going past the stadium heading towards the airport.
    That would have been me heading home. :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Heading towards the roundabout on the way out of Skerries (just past the service station) at 6pm this evening - needmoregears?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

smacl wrote: »
    Namelessphil in civvies towing a chariot at speed up Marley hill, passed myself and my youngest pushing our bikes resplendent in high viz and helmets.

I was on the way to swimming. I have to face that hill every morning with the trailer on the way to my daughter's creche.

I spotted you and I was wishing that mine would just learn to ride the bike and then I won't have to tow her anymore! (She's nearly 4 and has shown reluctant interest in a bike of her own.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

So with all these sightings, has anyone actually managed to catch a Boardsie in the wild? They're slippery feckers. :pac:

Advertisement