Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

I believe I spotted Darragh this morning somewhere along the Rock Road or Merrion Road while sat behind a 109 bus. Didn't engage my brain quick enough for a hello! (and wasn't going to catch you for a second chance!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Someone riding a BH, in Boards shorts, was ahead of me from Rathfarnham to the North quays this morning. It may have sounded like you were being pursued by a bowl of Rice Krispies, it was my spiked tyres that were making snap, crackle, and pop noises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

doozerie wrote: »
    Someone riding a BH, in Boards shorts, was ahead of me from Rathfarnham to the North quays this morning. It may have sounded like you were being pursued by a bowl of Rice Krispies, it was my spiked tyres that were making snap, crackle, and pop noises.

That would have been me breaking in the new shorts. Under the yellow jacket was also a long sleeve boards jersey (very warm I have to say). About the sound, at first I thought the freehub is giving up on me but after a while I recognized the scrap, scrap, scrap as being studded tires (it had been a while since I've heard that sound).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

A sighting of cdaly_ I think. On the cycle track just before the causeway at Dollymount this morning. Wheel sucker firmly attached. Didn't twig who it was until afterwards. Belated wave..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

I had a sighting of CramCycle at the weekend, am I allowed post it if he was wearing an apron instead of a jersey? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Downtown Carrigaline circa 16.30hrs this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

New Jersey in group coming out of Ashford this morning. Gave you a shout.

Nippy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

New jersey westbound on the Clonsilla Road, just after the junction with the Coolmine road about half 7 or so this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Boardsie outside the rds around 8:40, nice fixie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Sorry if this is annoying but where can I get one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Sorry if this is annoying but where can I get one?

Congratulations, you just uttered the magic phrase that volunteers you to organise the next order! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

okay emmm right, who do I?....???

I give up....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Old shorts passed me on Rathgar road outbound, around 5:50. I was HR zone training so I *cough* let you go.

Twas Dirk, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

seamus wrote: »
    Old shorts passed me on Rathgar road outbound, around 5:50. I was HR zone training so I *cough* let you go.

Twas Dirk, I think
    Oops, I think that was me. I did have a vague 'that looked a bit like seamus - nah I must be imagining it' moment, though I'm not sure how I missed that it actually was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Spotted Dónal twice this week - once on East Road just before the quays and once on the Clontarf cycle track turning onto Alfie Byrne road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Old jersey with a shivering cdaly_ underneath at the start of the King's mountain 200.

Traders' Cup pic from StickyBottle. Is that a pair of boards.ie shorts on the Orwellian?

Traders-Cup-2013.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

buffalo wrote: »
    Traders' Cup pic from StickyBottle. Is that a pair of boards.ie shorts on the Orwellian?

Traders-Cup-2013.jpg

That was Himmzis ;)

buffalo wrote: »

Traders-Cup-2013.jpg

Yep, that's me.

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Yep, that's me.

Strong stuff Hmmzis, and from what I saw of the photos in the Ned Flanagan, it won't be too long before you're translating that strength into results!

• Advertisement

Spotted a boardsie (new jersey) in a big group climbing up Military road some time between 10am and 11am today. Just about managed to get a 'Hi' out of myself while going the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Spotted a boardsie on Cruagh Road heading uphill around 2 or 3 last Saturday. Gave a awkward salute. I believe it was the same boardsie I've seen previously when I was coming down Wicklow Gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Formosa

Saw one coming out of Cloyne yesterday morning as I was in a long line of cars heading to Ballycotton.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Spotted a boardsie on Cruagh Road heading uphill around 2 or 3 last Saturday. Gave a awkward salute. I believe it was the same boardsie I've seen previously when I was coming down Wicklow Gap.

Probably myself bringing my hangover over the sally gap in an attempt to shake it off. Fantastic day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Boards shorts spotted on a rider this morning heading up the Rathbeale Road in Swords. Not sure if he was wearing the jersey as he had a rain jacket on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Some chilly looking guy just past the Omni Centre around 1:15 heading away from the city. Had a bag in one hand and on the phone with the other so you may have missed my subtle finger in the air and nod.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ThisRegard wrote: »
    ......... my subtle finger in the air....
    For a second I read that as "subtle middle finger"! :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Heading south on the Blackrock by-pass, I'm ashamed to admit that I saw you from the car having signed up to the wimp list today.

You were going well against the blizzard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Heading south on the Blackrock by-pass, I'm ashamed to admit that I saw you from the car having signed up to the wimp list today.

You were going well against the blizzard.

Might have been me (old design jacket?). Blackrock bypass, where is that?

If it was me, I was actually fine except I left my clear lenses at home so I couldn't see a damn thing with all the snow hitting my eyes. Roads were fine.

Missed a spectacular photo opportunity at Booterstown Avenue as the sun made a rare appearance through some heavy snow, looked amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

'twas the old style jacket (I assume, orange on grey), the Blackrock by-pass is the dual-carriageway that goes past Blackrock village

Advertisement