Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Spotted one of the retro Boards jersey weares just off the The Coachmans roundabout heading towards the back of the airport on sat aft about 3-ish. I shouted and waved but they were so wrapped in warm clothing that they prob wouldnt have heard a plane beside them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Old long sleeved jersey on the way to Blakes Cross from Lusk on Saturday at 2:30pm. I was heading the other way and didn't get a good look at who it was as the car that was overtaking you was on my side of the road and I'd have creamed him if I looked at you any longer than I did to notice the jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

cosmic wrote: »
    I was out for my lunch time run today and a boardsie in one of the old jerseys cycled past me. Whitworth Road (Drumcondra, Dublin) around 12.50pm. Hello!
    Hi! I think I remember seeing someone out running along there.
    bcmf wrote: »
    Spotted one of the retro Boards jersey weares just off the The Coachmans roundabout heading towards the back of the airport on sat aft about 3-ish. I shouted and waved but they were so wrapped in warm clothing that they prob wouldnt have heard a plane beside them.
    I saw and heard you ;) That neck gaiter can keep the wind out of my ears, so I think I can hear better with it.
    Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Old long sleeved jersey on the way to Blakes Cross from Lusk on Saturday at 2:30pm. I was heading the other way and didn't get a good look at who it was as the car that was overtaking you was on my side of the road and I'd have creamed him if I looked at you any longer than I did to notice the jersey!
    Me again :o I think I need some new jerseys...

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Junction of Rock Road and Booterstown avenue, towards town, at about 8:30 this morning - passed by a boardsie (black/pink jersey)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Might have been me. Dug out my Boards Gilet now that it's getting chilly.

• Advertisement

daragh_ wrote: »
    Might have been me. Dug out my Boards Gilet now that it's getting chilly.
    Cool, I was hybrid behind first car stopped at lights if you were taking surroundings in :)

ciotog wrote: »
    Cool, I was hybrid behind first car stopped at lights if you were taking surroundings in :)

Was concentrating on getting around the usual tangle of Yummy Mummy Trucks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

13.30 (UTC +7.00), Sunday 04/11/2012
    Thanon Kho Nguen 5, Lang Suan, Chumphon, Thailand

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

zico10 wrote: »
    13.30 (UTC +7.00), Sunday 04/11/2012
    Thanon Kho Nguen 5, Lang Suan, Chumphon, Thailand

Could only have been one man.

Saw (got passed by) IrishMotorist this am. He recognised me instantly, not sure how, the bike?

To be clear, I was going slow to chat to the chick behind me, not because I'm actually slow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Met Dirk Voodoo very briefly this morning. Just enough for a "Are you Dirk?" This was shortly after I possibly passed WhatsADerailleur, but I'm not sure!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Could only have been one man.

Saw (got passed by) IrishMotorist this am. He recognised me instantly, not sure how, the bike?

To be clear, I was going slow to chat to the chick behind me, not because I'm actually slow!

It was your flowing locks actually :D

BTW, that chick is possibly a Boardsie. There aren't too many women that fast along there. I wasn't sure so just gave her a subtle handlebar wave, but I'd say it was WhatsADerailleur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

It was your flowing locks actually :D

BTW, that chick is possibly a Boardsie. There aren't too many women that fast along there. I wasn't sure so just gave her a subtle handlebar wave, but I'd say it was WhatsADerailleur.

I'd say that she will be pi$$ed that you were slowing down to chat to a chick behind you and not speeding up to chat to her Dirk!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

Merrion Road heading north at 8.30 this morning, new jersey and seat post rack. I was stuck on the other side of the level crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

new jersey and friend 8.50 outside fitz cycles stillorgan. beeps delivered

kenmc wrote: »
    new jersey and friend 8.50 outside fitz cycles stillorgan. beeps delivered

Me again. On our way to the Tiernan's Sat Spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Old jersey on haddington road around 8:20 this morning. Was gonna shout boardsie, but too many people around so would seem a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

Heading in the ennis road towards limerick near the radisson hotel at 10 30 ish this morning sporting the newish shorts

Old Jersey heading up Carysfort Avenue @8:38.

New Jersey heading towards the Shelbourne Road about ten mins later.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

A common or garden daragh_ sighting this morning...speeding up Grove road

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭RonanCFD

Saw someone on a Giant going past Starbucks in Malahide about 1:30 on Saturday

• Advertisement

Passed a dude in a jersey on the Rock road about 20 mins ago, gave a "hey boards" shout to him.

RonanCFD wrote: »
    Saw someone on a Giant going past Starbucks in Malahide about 1:30 on Saturday
    DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Passed a dude in a jersey on the Rock road about 20 mins ago, gave a "hey boards" shout to him.

Both me :)

Ahh, we meet at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

dermo1990 wrote: »
    Old jersey on haddington road around 8:20 this morning. Was gonna shout boardsie, but too many people around so would seem a bit strange.

C'est Moi!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Two days to get from Malahide to the Rock road? You'd wanna up your speed a bit there lad...

:D

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Two days to get from Malahide to the Rock road? You'd wanna up your speed a bit there lad...

:D
    I was thinking the same thing myself! I was determined to make it though...

84Jrk.gif

I was thinking the same thing myself! I was determined to make it though...

84Jrk.gif
    I'm on the Rock Road everyday - I cycle an IGH hybrid and often wear hi-vis but you're welcome to draft next time you're on a two-dayer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Spotted one of ye outbound on the canal near Harolds Cross at 08:55.
    (Grey beard):D

Spotted one of ye outbound on the canal near Harolds Cross at 08:55.
    (Grey beard):D

Grey! Grey!

I think you'll find it's flecked with silver, hinting at a maturity beyond my tender years.

Anyway, all the cool kids have beards.
    623503_600.jpg

• Advertisement

New jersey spotted on Merrion Road heading south, just after the Four Seasons. You were overtaking another cyclist which Mr. Taxi Driver didn't seem to like too much.

Advertisement