Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Old jersey 12.20pmish today on the Maynooth-Celbridge road. On an MTB.

That was me, finishing my circuit of Castletown House, Royal canal towpath and a lap of Carton House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Cycling down the Ballyfermot road this morning spotted you just before the civic centre. I was standing at the bus stop wondering why I'd never seen a boards jersey in the mornings before then remembered when I have my bike I leave the house 30 minutes later than when I'm stuck on the peasent mobile :(

I was going to wave or shout but the effort involved seemed too great!

Possibly me - especially if there was a flappy yellow gillet involved

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Possibly me - especially if there was a flappy yellow gillet involved

There was indeed. Nice to see you don't use that ridiculous excuse for a cycle lane from the garage down to the civic centre either. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

There was indeed. Nice to see you don't use that ridiculous excuse for a cycle lane from the garage down to the civic centre either. :)

I've only recently started using this route so am still getting used to the ins and outs of it. Is that lane the one up on the path?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

buffalo wrote: »
    I saw jimm today! And he reminded me that he saw me many moons ago on D'Olier St, where he made my day with a "have a nice day boardsie" sign. What a gent!

Still have my sign. I keep a more personalised version of it in the car now which reads "Hi Boardsie, you have been spotted by jimm. Have a nice spin"

Nice to meet you too buffalo and well done on your Hill Climb placing. Savage climb, but I loved it.

• Advertisement

Reverse sighting of Needmoregears who gave me a hearty 'Boardsie' wave on New Wapping Street at around half 5 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Old jersey this evening at 18:10ish or thereabouts in where Rathgar road meets Terenure road meets Orwell road meets Highfield road. You were turning left onto Terenure road, I was waiting at the lights on Rathgar road.

Nearly forgot.

Shouted Hi to a Boardsie on Eden Quay on Sat. last at around 3.20pm.

I was in Hi-Vis jacket waiting to cross at the new bridge works.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,160 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

jimm wrote: »
    Nearly forgot.

Shouted Hi to a Boardsie on Eden Quay on Sat. last at around 3.20pm.

I was in Hi-Vis jacket waiting to cross at the new bridge works.
    That was me :) Will the new bridge works fix the road along Eden Quay too? It's always been rough along there ;)

That was me :) Will the new bridge works fix the road along Eden Quay too? It's always been rough along there ;)

Probably, but you will also have new Luas tracks to cross at Marlborough St. junction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Dónal wrote: »
    Reverse sighting of Needmoregears who gave me a hearty 'Boardsie' wave on New Wapping Street at around half 5 this evening.

To be fair you were the only one wearing a boards jersey.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

My wife (short lady, loads of curly hair) tells me she shouted a 'hi boardsie' to a new jersey, Sandyford area yesterday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

Portmarnock Strand, new jersey, 10.30 this morning heading towards Sutton. I was going the other way with the little one on the back. Don't think you saw me.

Also cdaly_ on Thursday evening, with a mountain rescue searchlight on the helmet. Impressive.

Portmarnock Strand, new jersey, 10.30 this morning heading towards Sutton. I was going the other way with the little one on the back. Don't think you saw me.

Also cdaly_ on Thursday evening, with a mountain rescue searchlight on the helmet. Impressive.

Sorry I didn't say hello (I'm blaming sun in my eyes - not an excuse I got to use much this year). Loads of people out today. Might be one of the last days where shorts are comfortable (hopefully not!)

Forgot to mention new jersey heading south towards Lwr FitzWilliam St from Merrrion Sq last Monday (15th) at around 1345

smacl wrote: »
    My wife (short lady, loads of curly hair) tells me she shouted a 'hi boardsie' to a new jersey, Sandyford area yesterday afternoon.

Nice edit....The email alert I got reads...My wife (short lad, loads of curly hair) :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I've only recently started using this route so am still getting used to the ins and outs of it. Is that lane the one up on the path?

Yeah, thats the one. Horrible planning.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

jimm wrote: »
    Nice edit....The email alert I got reads...My wife (short lad, loads of curly hair) :D

You can get away with nothing in this place!

Spotted someone in the old jersey passing St. Margaret's GAA club today at about 15:25. I waved, but something in the field had your attention, so I gave a double beep too.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

smacl wrote: »

I was cycling on the Sandyford road late Sat afternoon, but didn't notice anyone fitting the above description hollering at me. So it could have been me, in which case it would be my first time being spotted, but maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

Spotted someone in the old jersey passing St. Margaret's GAA club today at about 15:25. I waved, but something in the field had your attention, so I gave a double beep too.

That'd be me: can't remember what was in the field although I do sometimes look around around just to remind myself that cycling isn't just about being on a bike but also about being outside. (I did hear the beep btw: thanks.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Spotted a boardsie heading inbound past glasnevin cemetery this afternoon.

colm_gti wrote: »
    Spotted a boardsie heading inbound past glasnevin cemetery this afternoon.
    Could have been me, it would have been after 1pm I think, wearing the new jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Could have been me, it would have been after 1pm I think, wearing the new jersey.

Yeah maybe half 1 or so, new jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

heading up past military fort, phoenix park, this afternoon

uberwolf wrote: »
    heading up past military fort, phoenix park, this afternoon
    Could have been me as well :o Someone did say hello as I was concentrating on eating a banana along there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Could have been me as well :o Someone did say hello as I was concentrating on eating a banana along there.

sounds about right ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Boardsie spotted in malahide at 2:15 today. It was quite cold out there with the wind. I'd guess that those legs and face are not normally so red!!!

Hi Lusk Doyle - that's the bib shorts put away until another year. Freezing out there today but beautiful out there. NMG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I was out for my lunch time run today and a boardsie in one of the old jerseys cycled past me. Whitworth Road (Drumcondra, Dublin) around 12.50pm. Hello!

Advertisement