Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

N11 at Stillorgan Park Hotel about 5 today - Boardsie shorts (wasnt staring at your ass - honest!) And white helmet, moving at a fair pace.

Couldn't call out without scaring the hell out of everyone on the 155!
    Think I caught him around Cherrywood (only because of lights) and clung to his wheel for dear life to save some energy on the way home! Ironically I ended up more tired! Some pace and it was a single speed! Thanks anyway whoever you are!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

N11 at Stillorgan Park Hotel about 5 today - Boardsie shorts (wasnt staring at your ass - honest!) And white helmet, moving at a fair pace.

Couldn't call out without scaring the hell out of everyone on the 155!
    If it was a Dolan track bike it was me, the at pace bit makes me doubt it though.
    g0g wrote: »
    Think I caught him around Cherrywood (only because of lights) and clung to his wheel for dear life to save some energy on the way home! Ironically I ended up more tired! Some pace and it was a single speed! Thanks anyway whoever you are!
    That was me, I presume you were on the Blue disc braked bike. I hadn't meant to drop you in Bray, I was enjoying the short break between Shankhill and the roundabout. Copped your green shorts when you went to the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

CramCycle wrote: »
    If it was a Dolan track bike it was me, the at pace bit makes me doubt it

I didn't cop the bike, but they took the right at Oatlands College, and had a fine looking beard.

I didn't cop the bike, but they took the right at Oatlands College, and had a fine looking beard.
    That was me then, had to stop in Stillorgan to pick something up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

and had a fine looking beard.

He looks a bit like Alex Dowsett pre-shave. :p

• Advertisement

Seen a boards jersey with a Gilet over it this morning, crossing the N11 on the road up past the Leap Inn towards Vodafone.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Weepsie wrote: »
    stones81 wrote: »
    Hi when and where can you buy boards jerseys

Every once in a while, as in once every few years there'll be a call for orders.

We had 3 or 4 I a 2 year span the last time I think so might be a while yet.
    Any update on the next jersey sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Any update on the next jersey sale?
    I could do with another set myself. Current ones are well worn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

CramCycle wrote: »
    That was me, I presume you were on the Blue disc braked bike. I hadn't meant to drop you in Bray, I was enjoying the short break between Shankhill and the roundabout. Copped your green shorts when you went to the front.
    Haha no worries I was turning right bottom of town anyway. Yeah those disc brakes and mudguards and heavy bike in general are my excuse for slowness!! :) I also ran to work that morning so a short break was all I could offer you! Anyways, enough excuses!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Met two Boardsies this morning.
    First one between Garristown and Naul. Boards jersey under an open top. I didn't see the jersey in time to give a shout. He was in a group.
    Second one near Roganstown Golf club, gave him a shout out.

• Advertisement

Eamonnator wrote: »
    ...Second one near Roganstown Golf club, gave him a shout out.
    I couldn't see you in the bunch but I knew it was you by the shout! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Met two Boardsies this morning.
    First one between Garristown and Naul. Boards jersey under an open top. I didn't see the jersey in time to give a shout. He was in a group.
    Second one near Roganstown Golf club, gave him a shout out.

First one was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Gave a shout to a Boardsie on the Tour de Foothills today. He was wearing the current shorts and jersey with orange arm warmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Gave a shout to a Boardsie on the Tour de Foothills today. He was wearing the current shorts and jersey with orange arm warmers.

That was me thanks for the shout only third time on the bike in the last year so was a bit of a slog did the 65km route at 24 km average I assume you did the 110

That was me thanks for the shout only third time on the bike in the last year so was a bit of a slog did the 65km route at 24 km average I assume you did the 110

Yes, on the 110 with some clubmates. Getting out throughout the winter really helps at this time of the year but the big test will be the Mick Byrne next weekend.

Mercian Pro spotted at FourKnocks, Co Meath this morning!

Lss8q7Nh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Torres09

Mercian Pro spotted at FourKnocks, Co Meath this morning!

Lss8q7Nh.jpg

Well well well....heading out on my spin last Thursday morning and met a very nice fella, rode together as far as Swords, now I know who you are:D very nice to meet you Mercian Pro!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Boards Shorts on Detones (I think) this evening during the Vets race at Doreys. We shared a short and doomed break in the first lap.

Torres09 wrote: »
    Well well well....heading out on my spin last Thursday morning and met a very nice fella, rode together as far as Swords, now I know who you are:D very nice to meet you Mercian Pro!

Good talking to you too Torres. You are certainly not too old(!) to join a cycling club and I'd strongly recommend Swords if you do decide you want a bit of company. You'd be well able for any of our leisure spins on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Sundays.

No jerseys but two prominent Boardsies, devonp and Wishbone Ash, at the start of the MB200

25yvrs0.jpg

• Advertisement

Not a jersey sighting but Rubadub sauntered past me without a care in the world this morning on the N11, I was quite jealous of how relaxed he looked as I struggled to turn the pedals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Reverse report, was sighted at the foot of Slieve Mann y'day by a marshal/mechanic. Couldn't afford to lose any momentum, so I didn't hang on to chat.

Thanks to yourself and all the others, marshalling was excellent on the day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Gave a shout on Stocking Lane at around 2pm today I'd say. I was going down as they were going up so our speeds and required concentration levels were probably very different.

Ironically I was the one who should've been looking ahead a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

prob myself.....spin after a quick trip to work
    cheers

Green boards shorts (with a red jersey) on the R127 (just north of Blake's Cross) this evening around 6.35/6.40pm.

Pink jacket spotted this morning at 7.30 southbound on George’s Street on an MTB (long hair and beard).

Pink jersey on the R127 this morning at 7.10am between Skerries and Lusk. (Triggermortis?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Pink jersey on the R127 this morning at 7.10am between Skerries and Lusk. (Triggermortis?)

That was me all right. You were in a silver VW (possibly Golf) that beeped?

Yup! (Over slept so took the car to work!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

We’re you giving out to yourself at time about car drivers beeping at cyclists?

Advertisement