Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

moonshadow wrote: »
    Shouted out a guy today in kilcock , he passed a largish group and in fairness he copped the call and gave a wa e back, we were taking it handy on a 150 km spin lol!
    That was me. Were you with the other big group up the road? I couldn't make out if it was a sportive or club spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Ahh deadly first boardsie sighting,
    yeah we had 150 on the road today....sure the drivers loved us.
    We run a charity spin every year for motor neurone disease , we take folk from zero to hero or newbie to 196km in 12 weeks,
    Today was week 10 / longest training spin of 150 km taper next week then do the long one.
    We had 5 groups out today , 57 newbies the rest have done it before .
    Group avg is 20/22/24/26/28 ..all setting off at different times to arrive together.
    We raised 82k last year going for 100k this year.
    BTW you were going faster than 26avg.
    http://www.d2kcycle.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

At the summit of Passo Gavia this morning:

3rFWCQ4h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Newer striped kit spotted going through Portmarnock village at around 8ish this evening. Was in the car with windows closed so couldn't manage a shout-out unfortunately!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Quick natter with Alek (in original kit) and Colm18 (in mufti) in Kilmashogue woods this morning while out for a hike with my youngest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Green kit and white single speed about 5 minutes ago in Skerries - can only be WA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Turning into blackrock village at about 1.25-1.30pm today. You were with another guy. Didn’t realise until it was too late to shout.

Green kit and white single speed about 5 minutes ago in Skerries - can only be WA
    Only seeing this now - yup, myself on the way home from work.

Turning into blackrock village at about 1.25-1.30pm today. You were with another guy. Didn’t realise until it was too late to shout.

That was me on a sneaky lunchtime spin. A couple of northsiders wandering aimlessly on the southside - ended up on the pier in Dun Laoghaire only to realise neither of us had money for a Teddy's! :o

That was me on a sneaky lunchtime spin. A couple of northsiders wandering aimlessly on the southside - ended up on the pier in Dun Laoghaire only to realise neither of us had money for a Teddy's! :o

Don’t fall into the south-side fallacy. Teddy’s ice cream is crap! Your lack of planning saved you from disappointment :D

• Advertisement

Only seeing this now - yup, myself on the way home from work.

I was driving past you just before the petrol station but didn’t beep the horn as a van was coming towards us. I was off to the supermarket for some beer!!

Pink jersey this morning at 6.10am making a right turn at Finnegan's Corner between Lusk and Skerries. Apologies for my late shout. (triggermortis??)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭HugoMyBoss

Passed me by on the northside cycle path just before the Clontarf baths on Wednesday gone just before midday heading in the Howth direction?

HugoMyBoss wrote: »
    Passed me by on the northside cycle path just before the Clontarf baths on Wednesday gone just before midday heading in the Howth direction?
    Pink/Green striped kit on a white/red bike?

I was on the Clontarf cycle track in Boards gear heading towards Howth at that time on Wednesday.

I was on the Clontarf cycle track in Boards gear heading towards Howth at that time on Wednesday.

You’re spotted all the time so I wonder If you ever get time to wash your gear! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭HugoMyBoss

It was a black strip with some white, red & green stripes. Very tanned legs!!!!

HugoMyBoss wrote: »
    It was a black strip with some white, red & green stripes. Very tanned legs!!!!
    That's me alright! :D

Pink jersey this morning at 6.10am making a right turn at Finnegan's Corner between Lusk and Skerries. Apologies for my late shout. (triggermortis??)

Yep, that was me - almost in a coma after night shift! I saw you last minute too as I wasn’t used to so much traffic on my ride home as I usually finish earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Spotted my first boards jersey yesterday evening at the triangle after Harolds Cross on the way up to Kimmage at 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Spotted my first boards jersey yesterday evening at the triangle after Harolds Cross on the way up to Kimmage at 5pm.
    Possibly me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Not in a boards jersey...but anybody from here heading along Amien Street this morning towards city centre on a beautiful Look bike just before midday?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seen a pink jersey heading up the N81 last Thursday evening, around half 5 or six. I would have said hello but I was taking a right up ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Original (orange-trimmed) jersey seen heading from Charlotte Way around to Harcourt Street about 08.15 this morning.

Gave a shout out to a striped Boards jersey-wearing bearded chap on the cycle path near Bayside yesterday evening around 5.50ish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Gave a shout out to a striped Boards jersey-wearing bearded chap on the cycle path near Bayside yesterday evening around 5.50ish.

Twas I. Caught me off guard as I had just stopped to offer help to someone who had a broken chain.

Gave a shout back too, albeit possibly too late.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Original Jersey spotted between Roundwood and the Sugar Loaf around 11:45 today

• Registered Users Posts: 39 stones81

Hi when and where can you buy boards jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Yesterday evening on the Ballyowen Rd, heading for the hills just after the Penny hill, green and white boards shorts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

stones81 wrote: »
    Hi when and where can you buy boards jerseys

Every once in a while, as in once every few years there'll be a call for orders.

We had 3 or 4 I a 2 year span the last time I think so might be a while yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

cython wrote: »
    Original (orange-trimmed) jersey seen heading from Charlotte Way around to Harcourt Street about 08.15 this morning.

Think a repeat of this at about 8.05 this morning heading north on Harcourt Street. Didn't catch the bike make this time but everything else seems the same enough!

Advertisement