Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

We’re you giving out to yourself at time about car drivers beeping at cyclists?

For once I actually wasn’t! I was given plenty of space and so I waved as a thank you. It was only after, I realized I was wearing my boards jersey and was probably passed by another boardsie - usually WA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Spotted just south of Jimmy's bicycle shop in Portmarnock at lunchtime today, I was running in the opposite direction on the opposite side of the road.

Couldn't shout out without frightening the life out of a few aul'wan's leaving mass :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

That was probably me, I was passing that way around 1.15 or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Weepsie wrote: »
    That was probably me, I was passing that way around 1.15 or so.

That would have been around the time alright, didn't get the make of bike (wish I could say I was running too fast lol) but just caught a glimpse as we passed by each other, but black bike and I'm not sure what the more recent boards.ie gear is but wearing the black gear (bought the same one a few years back).

Anyway, nice day for it but I think I had the wind at my back at that stage so you'd have been cycling into it.

Yup Guerciotti Khaybar is the bike. And yes, wind most of the way home from there until I turned back near airport. I avoided it until Baldoyle though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Garzard

Reverse sighting - got the call from someone in blue kit roughly 30mins ago on the Templeogue Road just before the bridge heading towards Knockylon.

Apologies for not getting the chance to exchange names / pleasantries, the traffic was all over the place this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Garzard wrote:
    Reverse sighting - got the call from someone in blue kit roughly 30mins ago on the Templeogue Road just before the bridge heading towards Knockylon.

Think that was me. Hello again

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Hello again to pink kit Boardsie, spotted in Rathgar and followed all the way to SSG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Gave a shout out to a boardsie from the car. I was arriving into Clarecastle GAA club and he was leaving. I thought it was WA but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Gave a shout out to a boardsie from the car. I was arriving into Clarecastle GAA club and he was leaving. I thought it was WA but not sure.
    Indeed it was! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Spotted a boardsie just after 9pm tonight just after the steepest part of the hill out of Lusk, heading towards Skerries.
    Most likely WA!
    I was in a white van heading towards Lusk, and only noticed the sleeves on the jersey as I passed.
    Hope you missed the rain that was trying to start - it was totally dry by Blakes Cross...

Spotted a boardsie just after 9pm tonight just after the steepest part of the hill out of Lusk, heading towards Skerries.
    Most likely WA!
    I was in a white van heading towards Lusk, and only noticed the sleeves on the jersey as I passed.
    Hope you missed the rain that was trying to start - it was totally dry by Blakes Cross...
    Guilty as charged! Missed most of the rain.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Met up with and chatted with detones from Velo Club Balrothery at the end of the East Meath Tour at Stamullen. Just about spotted his "now ye're talkin'" shorts. Afraid I was in Club rather than Boards gear.

Good event with plenty of climbs especially towards the end and very friendly helpers from the Motor Neuron Disease Association.

Green kit, abouth 1km south of Balrothery, travelling southbound on the R132 this afternoon at 3.55pm. Gave a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Guilty! Thanks for the shout out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Bearded boardsie wearing the Old grey and orange kit heading west on the n4 around woodies/lucan exit a few times over the past few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Donal in the original jersey and Detones in half of the pink and green kit at the resevoir dog today

Donal in the original jersey and Detones in half of the pink and green kit at the resevoir dog today
    Made the same two spots myself. Said hello at the end to the chap in the original jersey and passed him on a descent early in the ride (on a Planet X I think).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Bearded boardsie wearing the Old grey and orange kit heading west on the n4 around woodies/lucan exit a few times over the past few weeks
    isn't that a route buffalo uses? i think he's bearded too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Bumped into Weepsie in his boards Jersey, not too far from fourknocks earlier.

• Advertisement

And I Magicbastarder. We parted ways so I could go get coffee (80km in and about 20kms too late)

Clocked someone wearing boards shorts on the finglas road at 6.30 (finglas direction) I was waiting to turn onto ballyboggan road. Gave a shout but think it was late

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Long sleeves spotted at George's Dock in the IFSC popping into a company car park around 7.20ish this morning.

Almost certain I passed WA in boards gear between portrane and Donabate about half an hour ago.

Almost certain I passed WA in boards gear between portrane and Donabate about half an hour ago.
    Yup. Were you on a bike?

EDIT: - Just saw you Strava upload now.

by the time i'd copped the jersey and shouted 'boardsie' at you, you'd already passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

WA (again) on a club spin to Maynooth. Great to see you along after a bit of a break.

WA (again) on a club spin to Maynooth. Great to see you along after a bit of a break.
    ....and Mercian Pro in the gear too - hidden under a winter jacket. Great to be back in action again. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Original kit (inc shorts?) coming down Slade towards Saggart as I was going up, today approx 4.45pm. Spotted late so no chance to say Hi!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭py

Boards jersey (I think green) going up towards Firhouse on the Firhouse road this evening at about 6pm. They got stuck behind my young lad on the cycling path and gave him a great bit of encouragement as they passed by. He was thrilled and it made his day, thanks again :) Minimal traffic out these days has made it much easier (on my nerves) to bring him out on the roads whether there's a dedicated cycle path or not.

Advertisement