Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Wishbone Ash spotted on the R127 heading out of Skerries @ 11.10 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Wishbone Ash spotted on the R127 heading out of Skerries @ 11.10 today.
    I didn't realise that was yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I didn't realise that was yourself.

I only noticed the jersey as I was passing you. I’ve worn my boards kit a few times this week and seen no one, then the day I don’t wear it...

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

Black jersey btw Leixlip Louisa bridge and Garda station this morning heading downhill towards the village...

not sure if it's warm enough for me for ss :confused:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

devonp wrote: »
    Black jersey btw Leixlip Louisa bridge and Garda station this morning heading downhill towards the village...

not sure if it's warm enough for me for ss :confused:
    That was probably me.
    Woohoo! I feel like a celebrity now :D

As for the temperature, it's lovely out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Not somebody in a boards jersey but spotted a lovely Cinelli track bike in Macken Street at lunchtime today. Anybody from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I saw an old school orange and purple Boards jersey today on Whitechurch Road in Rathfarnham Dublin. I have the usual shout out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw Darragh_ doing laps along the N11/Deansgrange area.

Saw him once with the little lad but didn’t coo until I saw the STCC shirts. Saw him the second time when I had to collect my wife and 5 years old who didn’t have the legs to get home. Beeped that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Old style orange and blue jersey doing circuits of the Phoenix Park this morning. Gave a shout but I was wearing club rather than Boards gear and got no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

godtabh wrote: »
    Saw Darragh_ doing laps along the N11/Deansgrange area.

Saw him once with the little lad but didn’t coo until I saw the STCC shirts. Saw him the second time when I had to collect my wife and 5 years old who didn’t have the legs to get home. Beeped that time.

Sorry I missed you. Was great to be outside for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I calmly await a shout out from the driver who didn't appreciate me keeping up with traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭mvt

Old style orange and blue jersey doing circuits of the Phoenix Park this morning. Gave a shout but I was wearing club rather than Boards gear and got no response.

Think that might have been me.

You were in swords gear?

I have that jersey a lot time which is lucky enough as it is about the only thing that fits me atm :mad:

Thought I responded ,apologies.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw some one in Dun Laoghaire yesterday around 7. Both in our boards gear

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭RobBaxter

godtabh wrote: »
    Saw some one in Dun Laoghaire yesterday around 7. Both in our boards gear

Ha that was me. I haven’t cycled in years and was confused when someone shouted at me. Took me a minute to realise it was the boardsie jersey! Thanks for the greeting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Black Boards Jersey sighted cycling through Portmarnock heading towards Malahide about 2.10pm this afternoon. Lovely day for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Saw one in Fairview in the previous jersey this morning at about 10.30.

I was not on bike, but sitting so said nout

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

Looking forward to being spotted, been wearing the new kit on loops and laps down in north Wexford so unlikely to happen until i get back to Dublin :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056227577
    Post #5815
    Multiple sightings in the Phoenix Park this morning as we were doing our circuits in opposite directions. I was in my Caisse d'Epargne jersey but will switch to the Boards one tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭mvt

The cheek- jersey may be vintage but I prefer to be called mature :)

That's actually another old school boardsie alongside me- Mahoo, who memorably led a cycling expedition to the European championships a few years back.

mvt wrote: »
    The cheek- jersey may be vintage but I prefer to be called mature :)

More tongue in cheek than cheek as my grey hair is pretty obvious even with the helmet on :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Think I passed Mercian pro in the park today but in club gear as we were going in opposite directions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Boards shorts under a red & black jersey spotted at the Donaghmede roundabout at around 2:30ish today. Was in the car in a line of traffic so was unable to shout out!

Weepsie wrote: »
    Think I passed Mercian pro in the park today but in club gear as we were going in opposite directions

The Boards jersey was genuinely under the heavier Swords one as it was a bit on the cool side this morning. Well spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Spotted a lad in a pink jersey today, in between Sally Gap and Roundwood. I was on the motorbike on my way to Roundwood, gave a beep and wave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Spotted a lad in a pink jersey today, in between Sally Gap and Roundwood. I was on the motorbike on my way to Roundwood, gave a beep and wave

Passed him too. I guess you passed me then!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭lissard

That was me! Great to get out over the Sally Gap yesterday evening - feels like an eternity since I was last up there. Think one of you passed me just after Kippure and then just before Luggala. The pink boards kit can be seen from space - not exactly discrete ;-).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

lissard wrote: »
    That was me! Great to get out over the Sally Gap yesterday evening - feels like an eternity since I was last up there. Think one of you passed me just after Kippure and then just before Luggala. The pink boards kit can be seen from space - not exactly discrete ;-).

I was the one at Luggala, I was going to offer a sticky bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

lissard wrote: »

I passed you by Kippure as you were getting going. It's a bright kit alright!

Colm18 up on the Featherbeds as he was returning from the Mast and I was following the South County border. Had a good (socially distanced) chat as far as Cruagh Road where we went our separate ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

WA today just after midday heading eastwards along the Strawberry Beds. I gave you a wave and shouted your name. You did wave back but not sure if you heard my shout.

Advertisement