Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Green jersey coming down from Sally Gap towards Enniskerry/Glencree while I was on my way up. We crossed paths on a bend just as a car overtook you into my path and then squeezed back in in front of you...

Myself. Makes for a hairy descent when you've got cars crossing into your lane to overtake climbing groups. Fantastic day outside of that and was pleased to have the climbing done before the hottest part of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Quite a few Boardsies on the Orwell Randonnée yesterday but I think devonp was the only one sporting Boards gear. Thought I might see you somewhere along the way but I suspect you were always quite a bit ahead of myself and Daroxstar.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

smacl wrote: »
    Myself. Makes for a hairy descent when you've got cars crossing into your lane to overtake climbing groups. Fantastic day outside of that and was pleased to have the climbing done before the hottest part of the morning.

Lots of crazy overtaking when heading towards Roundwood from Laragh. The closest one, I was only alerted to because a car in the big line of traffic heading towards Glendalough beeped at the idiot. White van man in a hurry at 10:45 am gave me cms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Colm18 (bib shorts) and devonp (Jersey) at the randonee on Saturday. I was only sporting a boards cap. Thought I saw Mercian pro in disguise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

A fellow boardsie overtook me at Howth summit shop. Have a call out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I was up Howth head early this afternoon. Pink jersey so it could have been me you saw!

I was up Howth head early this afternoon. Pink jersey so it could have been me you saw!

It was at about 15:50. Looking at FlyBy on Strava it looks like it was NeedMoreGears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Someone up the top of the featherbeds this evening about 6 enjoying the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭devonp

older pink boards jersey descending cruagh at the flat middle bit about 6.30pm
    same as above??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

boardsie quaffing coffee in Boughil @ circa 11.30 am this morning. Didnt say hello as we were waiting on ours and was tight on time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

It was at about 15:50. Looking at FlyBy on Strava it looks like it was NeedMoreGears.

Think it was me alright. Hello properly this time. Was struggling for Breath when I met you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

koutoubia wrote: »
    boardsie quaffing coffee in Boughil @ circa 11.30 am this morning. Didnt say hello as we were waiting on ours and was tight on time!

If you mean Ballyboughal it was probably mé féin. Wrong café to be tight on time...we were an hour there by the time all 6 of us were served.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

veetwin wrote: »
    If you mean Ballyboughal it was probably mé féin. Wrong café to be tight on time...we were an hour there by the time all 6 of us were served.

Yeah. THats the one.
    Usually not that bad but needed to be home for 12.
    Even the q to pay was long and you were talking to my two clubmates while i was queing but were gone by the time i got out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

koutoubia wrote: »
    Yeah. THats the one.
    Usually not that bad but needed to be home for 12.
    Even the q to pay was long and you were talking to my two clubmates while i was queing but were gone by the time i got out!

Yeah your clubmates were admiring my mates Pinarello Dogma and commented that it was brand new. It's actually 4 years old but passes for new as he keeps it immaculate. You were probably just behind him in the same queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Can't be 100% certain, but did I pass (in the opposite direction) a jersey coming off the mountain, city side of Killakee car park at midday today.

The rider was lying almost flat on the bars so it was difficult to be certain it was a boards jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Pink jersey crossing the Broadmeadow river just outside Swords today at ~11:10 with another cyclist. Possibly Inquitus but I didn't get a good enough look to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Pink jersey crossing the Broadmeadow river just outside Swords today at ~11:10 with another cyclist. Possibly Inquitus but I didn't get a good enough look to be sure.

And yourself spotted around 11:20 or so on the way out past the Swords Open Golf Club

• Registered Users Posts: 20,041 ✭✭✭✭neris

Old orange & blue jersey this morning passing the credit union in Baldoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

^^ On my way to Lidl to pick up the lunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Spotted somebody in boards shorts in Fairview, I said hello as I passed and expected to see him at the lights but he disappeared

• Advertisement

cdaly_ wrote: »
    ^^ On my way to Lidl to pick up the lunch...

think i may be having a groundhog day experience today just after 8

not sure if there was a jersey but boards shorts overtook me bout 720 this morning at the carpark in clontarf on the cycleway. blue and black frame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Most likely WA @13.30 today just on the Blake’s Cross side of Lusk heading towards Blake’s Cross. I would have been wearing my boards jersey too but I found the zip was broken when I went to put it on earlier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

neris wrote: »
    not sure if there was a jersey but boards shorts overtook me bout 720 this morning at the carpark in clontarf on the cycleway. blue and black frame

Sounds like RogueTrooper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

neris wrote: »
    Sounds like RogueTrooper

Yep, that'd be me - good guess RS! Had the jersey on too but had a gilet on over it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Most likely WA @13.30 today just on the Blake’s Cross side of Lusk heading towards Blake’s Cross....(
    Indeed it was - a great day for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭devonp

at the Mick Byrne today
    WA in new boards kit, Daroxtar, NamelessPhil & Doozerie, may have been 1 or 2 more (too tired to recall at present!!)

just had the summer cap on myself

weather held up except for some chilly fog at the SG

devonp wrote: »
    at the Mick Byrne today
    WA in new boards kit, Daroxtar, NamelessPhil & Doozerie, may have been 1 or 2 more (too tired to recall at present!!)

just had the summer cap on myself

weather held up except for some chilly fog at the SG

Hope it went well for ye all!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Passed someone wearing boards shorts by the 5 lamps circa 8 10 this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Shouted out a guy today in kilcock , he passed a largish group and in fairness he copped the call and gave a wa e back, we were taking it handy on a 150 km spin lol!

Advertisement