Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Skrynesaver, green jersey, Phoenix Park, quarter to six today. Nice to meet you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Alek wrote: »
    Skrynesaver, green jersey, Phoenix Park, quarter to six today. Nice to meet you :)

And yourself, hope you'd a relaxed evening... though looking at your post's time... they were rowdy, weren't they.

PS: Spotted Alex in an old school purple jersey in the park as he whizzed by my decrepit aging self.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

they were rowdy, weren't they.

You bet :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

onmebike wrote: »
    Met and had a chat with ScreenSaver this morning. Nice to make your acquaintance!

I think I've just comprehended the pun in their username!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Spotted full boards kit heading towards Lusk from Skerries around 6.30pm yesterday evening. I was in the car so couldn’t wave/shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Spotted full boards kit heading towards Lusk from Skerries around 6.30pm yesterday evening. I was in the car so couldn’t wave/shout
    Guilty as charged! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Guilty as charged! :)

It's almost always you! Do you just cycle round all day in boards gear?
    Best. Job. Ever.

Mercian Pro sporting the pink/green bibs today. Unfortunately the same bibs had an abrasive encounter with the tarmac around Hollystown when 3 of the group hit the deck at those stupid rubber speed cushions. Get well soon MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Mercian Pro sporting the pink/green bibs today. Unfortunately the same bibs had an abrasive encounter with the tarmac around Hollystown when 3 of the group hit the deck at those stupid rubber speed cushions. Get well soon MP.

Thanks WA and the rest of the Swords crew for checking me out and getting me back on my feet. Fortunately my injuries amounted to cuts and bruises and nothing more serious. While the Boards bib tights gave some protection to my hip and ankle, my Mistral jacket saved my arm from much worse abrasion with not a mark on the sleeve.

Ironically, I had written to Fingal County Council last November giving out about the design of those speed cushions and predicting that they were an accident waiting to happen. Little did I know that I would be the one to prove my point 😩

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

hmm; IIRC a local authority is not legally liable for a road hazard if they've not previously been warned about it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hardcourr LUAS stop just now. Was on the LUAS so not shout out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Those speed bumps in Hollystown are a nightmare. On several occasions I have skirted the edge of them.
    Hope all is ok MP!

koutoubia wrote: »
    Those speed bumps in Hollystown are a nightmare. On several occasions I have skirted the edge of them.
    Hope all is ok MP!

Yes K, it's the vertical edges that really worry me. This is the reply I got from Fingal: "I refer to your correspondences with Fingal County Council regarding the installation of Traffic Calming in Hollystown. The installation of traffic calming in Hollystown is installed as per the guidelines. There is also appropriate signage indicating the traffic calming. All road user must slow down and use due care when travelling on the road."

I followed up by asking what guidelines they were referring to and heard nothing. Yesterday I thought one of the cyclists ahead of me had touched an edge but now I think it was more the group lining up to go between the cushion and the centre line that caused two wheels to touch. I have followed up with Fingal again this morning and, once I figure out who is responsible for road design, will raise it with them as well.

Quite sore this morning as expected and a swollen ankle that has since gone down. A visit to Humphries with my mangled back wheel was painful as well😟

Hmm, where are these? Presumably near the golf course? I'm always near there, but been a while since I've turned towards Hollystown.

Also, somewhat related, there is a new set of traffic lights going in at the bottom of the hill in Naul. Location to me seems like it's designed to slow cyclists down coming into the town as the school is further back up the hill.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Hmm, where are these? Presumably near the golf course? I'm always near there, but been a while since I've turned towards Hollystown....
    Yes, they are on the Ratoath Road just along the side of the golf club (after the roundabout featuring a golfer 'swinging').

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

pink jersey this morning around 8:30 heading away from blackrock at the joe duffy garage

Yes, they are on the Ratoath Road just along the side of the golf club (after the roundabout featuring a golfer 'swinging').

It never occurred to me that the sculpture was a golfer. I pass that roundabout a lot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It never occurred to me that the sculpture was a golfer. I pass that roundabout a lot too.
    Never occurred to me either, I always thought he was swinging a hammer :o

Just after getting a pinch flat outside the garage there. I was keeping left to avoid the ramps and ended up hitting a pothole hard :mad: Pity they didn't fix the road before putting in the ramps. Get well soon Mercian Pro!

I know we are a long way off topic here but these are the offending speed cushions:

famts0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

I know we are a long way off topic here but these are the offending speed cushions:

This type were recently installed in River Valley in Swords, even for some cars , they're too wide.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i used to think it was some sort of soviet style sculpture of a worker swinging a hammer.

rushfan wrote: »
    This type were recently installed in River Valley in Swords, even for some cars , they're too wide.

I think they are designed to be too wide for cars so as to slow them but narrow enough for buses to go over them without bumping. If they were the Tarmac ones with a smooth junction with the road surface they would be a lot safer and no bother to cycle over.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

WA, Dame st this morning, pink (old or new ?) kit, on a Fuji

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

What do these jerseys look like? I'm on the road every day in Dublin, haven't seen any.

depends on the vintage...can't remember the colour order by year (or order), mainly black
    mine has the green and pink vertical stripe on front with BOARDS.IE on the back
    if your doing up an order i need the bibs in medium..:p

there's a thread with the last ordering here somewhere with a pic i think

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What do these jerseys look like? I'm on the road every day in Dublin, haven't seen any.

boards_kit_2010.jpg

60p2xFC.jpg

For next year's Hill Climb, we'll have to get a group photo with the full range of Board's jerseys.

I'd still love a green one in medium if anyone is tired of their's :)

I rarely see them and I'm rarely spotted either. If I took Drumcondra instead of Ballymun road I bet I'd be spotted more frequently

Randonnee today, great weather and a super burger

Brief chat with Needmoregears, MercianPro, Terry & a wave to Colm18 at the finish

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Green jersey coming down from Sally Gap towards Enniskerry/Glencree while I was on my way up. We crossed paths on a bend just as a car overtook you into my path and then squeezed back in in front of you...

Advertisement