Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Saw a boardsie yesterday - Hermy says it was caroline :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

kerash wrote: »
    Saw a boardsie yesterday - Hermy says it was caroline :P
    was that you in the blue van?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

Boardsie spotted in boards get-up waiting patiently at the lights in Donnybrook @ about 8.25 this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Last Friday afternoon on Ailesbury Road near Donnybrook church. 2pm-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

YOURFACE! wrote: »
    Boardsie spotted in boards get-up waiting patiently at the lights in Donnybrook @ about 8.25 this morning!

That was me! Hi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Farmleigh, Sunday, c.4:30 pm- Boards jersey contemplating which ridiculously long booze queue to join.

(We made our drink selections based on the speed of the queues- cider FTW!)

StudentC wrote: »
    Last Friday afternoon on Ailesbury Road near Donnybrook church. 2pm-ish.

Yup, that's me again. Hello.
    YOURFACE! wrote: »
    AstraMonti wrote: »
    That was me! Hi!

I went down Eglinton Road, turned right onto Donnybrook Road, and then left off Donnybrook Road towards Aylesbury Road at exactly that time - so it may have been me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Dónal wrote: »
    Yup, that's me again. Hello.

I went down Eglinton Road, turned right onto Donnybrook Road, and then left off Donnybrook Road towards Aylesbury Road at exactly that time - so it may have been me :)

Oh.. Hi to you too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Glitterangel76

Boards Shorts waiting to turn right off Tyrconnell Road.. didn't say hi as you were concentrating..so i'll say it now.. Hi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

was that you in the blue van?
    Yes! couldn't resist saying hi on spotting a boardsie:o:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

I went down Eglinton Road, turned right onto Donnybrook Road, and then left off Donnybrook Road towards Aylesbury Road at exactly that time - so it may have been me :)[/quote]

Yep, looked like you were heading that way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

kerash wrote: »
    Yes! couldn't resist saying hi on spotting a boardsie:o:)
    I appologise for not being friendlier, I have music in my ears and ... a slowing down van approching from behind doesn't usually inspire confidence to a cyclist :)
    I did say hello when I saw you were being friendly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Are ye all ready for an avalanche of Boards sightings ? 70 new pieces of branded kit on their way to their new owners from today !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    Farmleigh, Sunday, c.4:30 pm- Boards jersey contemplating which ridiculously long booze queue to join.

(We made our drink selections based on the speed of the queues- cider FTW!)

That was me. Park was mobbed on Sunday, madness!

I went for the Porterhouse queue cos I had to get 16 beers and wanted a selection :) Only got 8 in the end cos the cardboard tray wasn't strong enough :mad:

Good chance I was spotted elsewhere Sunday, my route in was Donabate-Malahide via Estuary, round coast to Portmarnock, still on coast to Baldoyle, through Howth village, over summit, down along coast to Clontarf and then into the Park along the quays. Home via Santry/Swords to Donabate. Lovely day for a nice cycle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Spotted a boardsie crossing over the canal on Mount Street a bit before 9 this morning with a flashing L.E.D and panniers on the right hand side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Saw one yesterday at the lights outside UCD, would have been around 8:45.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Boards Shorts waiting to turn right off Tyrconnell Road.. didn't say hi as you were concentrating..so i'll say it now.. Hi :)

Me again! Hi back!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Jip wrote: »
    Spotted a boardsie crossing over the canal on Mount Street a bit before 9 this morning with a flashing L.E.D and panniers on the right hand side.

I reckon that's me again, on my way out to Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Now that the new order has arrived expect there to be more than normal :)

Saw blorg at the Milltown Road/Eglington Road junction there. Don't think he was wearing a boards jersey. Does that count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I save my Boards jersey for the weekends now. Used to have three, ironed one, crashed badly in another... so down to one. We will have to organise a Planet X-spin some time, I think it will be the new Boards bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

i seen 1 in superquinn in kimmage about 6 weeks ago i was like :eek::Dwas like spotting a celebrity outa nowhere:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 joshor123

are these available to buy or is there only a specific amout...?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

blorg wrote: »
    I save my Boards jersey for the weekends now. Used to have three, ironed one, crashed badly in another... so down to one. We will have to organise a Planet X-spin some time, I think it will be the new Boards bike!
    thought that was the cayo !

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

The gear only gets ordered every now and then when someone decides to take it on to organise ! I've just done an order, but the gear was all specifically for people who ordered it. There probably won't be another order done for a while. Have a look at the Sticky Thread "5th Boards Gear Order" for details.
    joshor123 wrote: »
    are these available to buy or is there only a specific amout...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 joshor123

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

There was one being sold on the adverts sub-forum, but it may be sold now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

thought that was the cayo !
    WAS - it is now the Planet X.

@joshor123- I need more jerseys myself, unlikely really there will be much more need until the spring but I would expect another order around then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I appologise for not being friendlier, I have music in my ears and ... a slowing down van approching from behind doesn't usually inspire confidence to a cyclist :)
    I did say hello when I saw you were being friendly :)
    Hi Caroline,
    No need to apologise. I hope we weren't too much of a nuisance.:o
    Twas a great day for a spin. How far did you go?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

Cycling along Upper Leeson St into town this morning at 8:15ish...black bike with rack pack, I think?

Advertisement