Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lyders

c0rk3r wrote: »
    If you saw that jersey anywhere from O'Connell bridge to the spire it was me. If however you spotted the jersey from the spire to the ambassador it wasn't me.

It was spotted north of the spire.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,060 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My first jersey sighting, outside O Briens offie in Naas, dude came up the road from Sallins. I yelled hello, but he was checking over his shoulder at the time. Boooo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

beertons wrote: »
    My first jersey sighting, outside O Briens offie in Naas, dude came up the road from Sallins. I yelled hello, but he was checking over his shoulder at the time. Boooo.

You have to say hello boards,otherwise you could just be a random weirdo.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

beertons wrote: »

Yo ! C'est moi ! Didn't think there were other boardsies in naas. was coming back from train

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,060 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Gavin wrote: »
    Yo ! C'est moi ! Didn't think there were other boardsies in naas. was coming back from train

Me too. Wasn't the traffic great, roads empty. Lads directing at every junction. I thought it was going to be mental on the roads, so left the car at home. If I wasn't walking, I wouldn't have seen you zoom by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I propose a new protocol: when you see a boardsie you have to shout "FOUR TEN!" at them.

Lumen wrote: »
    I propose a new protocol: when you see a boardsie you have to shout "FOUR TEN!" at them.

I haven't seen you in a while, out and about super early ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Gavin wrote: »
    I haven't seen you in a while, out and about super early ?

Legs need a rest. :(

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

saw le peleton boardsies on their way out of Dundrum up to the misty mountains this morning. gave them the 3 beeps and a wave but they were super professional and kept the heads down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

A full platoon of boards jersey's passed me this evening in Rathfarnham. I was coming from Stocking Lane direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

A full platoon of boards jersey's passed me this evening in Rathfarnham. I was coming from Stocking Lane direction.
    That would have been this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Emily Maria

Hello all! Just reading your board here and I am sure I saw your outfits near the spawell roundabout at the weekend? Looked like there were three of you talking to a couple of guys in blue and white at the junction below the round about?

The jersey style looked like this:

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Boards.ie_cycling_jersey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

blorg wrote: »
    That would have been this!

One needs to pay more attention to the forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

I saw a boardsie going through Kilmacanogue this evening at 17.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

that was probably me. Just cycled from leopardstown to arklow this evening. Drinking last night so i'm wrecked now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Boards jersey sighting 10:20am this morning near Leixlip amenities centre/Confey Gaa club, I was on the canal tow path on an MTB, I didn't call as you seemed to be in the 'zone':)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Had a boardsie pass me at about 11.45am this morning on Stocking Lane, just at the car park with the ice cream van in it at Cruagh Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

but not wearing a boards jersey, on Saturday morning heading up the quays to the Phoenix Park. (turned off for the Papal Cross) Red and black Focus Cayo, rider had red arm warmers and a "lung" type jersey. I was on the chrome Charge Plug fixed gear (with a pannier bag) heading to the Adidas 5 mile non cyclying event.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Spotted a boardsie on Aungier Street....on a carrera bike...didn't catch the model.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Probably me. Full sus?

• Advertisement

Yeh think it was suspension....about 8:30 or so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, sounds about right :)

seamus wrote: »
    Yep, sounds about right :)
    I was just waiting to pull out of Whitefriar Place as you went by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

but not wearing a boards jersey, on Saturday morning heading up the quays to the Phoenix Park. (turned off for the Papal Cross) Red and black Focus Cayo, rider had red arm warmers and a "lung" type jersey. I was on the chrome Charge Plug fixed gear (with a pannier bag) heading to the Adidas 5 mile non cyclying event.

...that was me, well spotted :) i think i vaguely remember you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Up Bray Main Street 11.30 this morning. Didn't get a chance to holler as I was just coming out of 02 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭biker_joe

i spotted one this morning, on the cycle track near Sutton at 8.46 am ....
    who was that ???? I was going towards howth ....

Biker Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

biker_joe wrote: »
    i spotted one this morning, on the cycle track near Sutton at 8.46 am ....
    who was that ???? I was going towards howth ....

Biker Joe

It wasn't me. Scott maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Spotted one coming down the other direction as we were going up the drag on the final lap of our club league race tonight around Blessington lakes. I gave a little wave, Orwell jersey. At least I think I saw a Boards guy coming down, it could have been a hallucination.

Think I saw ROK_ON in the pheonix park on Tuesday night, around 18:00 or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

blorg wrote: »
    Spotted one coming down the other direction as we were going up the drag on the final lap of our club league race tonight around Blessington lakes. I gave a little wave, Orwell jersey. At least I think I saw a Boards guy coming down, it could have been a hallucination.

That'd be me just out for a quick spin, going the opposite direction around the lakes. Looked like a good turnout, Orwell jersys all over Blessington!

Advertisement