Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Hermy wrote: »
    Hi Caroline,
    No need to apologise. I hope we weren't too much of a nuisance.:o
    Twas a great day for a spin. How far did you go?
    That day? Just up to Kippure and back down / a shy 80km.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

rottenhat wrote: »
    Cycling along Upper Leeson St into town this morning at 8:15ish...black bike with rack pack, I think?

Moi.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

That day?
    Yeah, that day.:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wingknot

Saw two boardsie lads this morning crossing the bridge at chapelizod village 10.05,was heading to the park to try out the new bike,Hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Nietschen (I think), with the Cayo, on Leopardstown Road (near the racecourse) @3:15.
    Boards beeps duly administered, and ignored. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Wasn't me i'm afraid...there are some other cayo's on here though

Looked a bit like you, from what I could see as I went past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

kenmc wrote: »
    Nietschen (I think), with the Cayo, on Leopardstown Road (near the racecourse) @3:15.
    Boards beeps duly administered, and ignored. :(
    Sounds like me actually, red Golf was it? Apologies for not responding though, I couldn't quite tell whether it was an angry beep or a 'howaya' beep.

I've a feeling I was spotted going up over Sally Gap too by a group of 3.

Not bad for the first proper spin with the jersey. :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

wingknot wrote: »
    Saw two boardsie lads this morning crossing the bridge at chapelizod village 10.05,was heading to the park to try out the new bike,Hi.

That was me and The Claw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

el tonto wrote: »
    The Claw.
    I love that username.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

saw one today up at viewpoint, about 11.30ish, with 2 other guys, had a goatee if i remember correctly, i was rather jealous to, not of the goatee, the jersey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭HereKitty

Saw my first one today:D in Malahide Village at 9:00am, so excited I had to come right on here and post. Whoever you were, a big Hello, at that stage on my way home and was a bit browned off saying hi to cyclists who just barely would grunt, so wasnt my usual cheery self.....sheeesh...you guys!!!:rolleyes:

Blowfish wrote: »
    Sounds like me actually, red Golf was it? Apologies for not responding though, I couldn't quite tell whether it was an angry beep or a 'howaya' beep.

I've a feeling I was spotted going up over Sally Gap too by a group of 3.

Not bad for the first proper spin with the jersey. :)

Yeah that was me. was definitely a howaya beep - sure I was in the outside lane as I passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

My first sighting...

In the park at 1ish. On the North Road and then again at the S-bends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

My first sighting...

In the park at 1ish. On the North Road and then again at the S-bends.

Hello!

Might have been me, but might also have been Dr. Groove who was around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Rughdh, wearing Boards Jersey, and HonkJelly, not wearing Boards Jersey (does this count?) at the finish of the DWCC Randonnee today.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

niceonetom wrote: »
    Hello!

Might have been me, but might also have been Dr. Groove who was around too.

Hello to you too.

Whoever I saw was on a dark coloured bike. I was wearing black and nodded hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭NeilMcEoigheann

Tiny Explosions on His Mercian, Dame st this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

9.57 Dundrum village, dunno who it was

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Not really a sighting per say, but a thanks to the girls in the little black car who beeped and gave out to the taxi in Stillorgan 20 minutes ago who tried to cut me off with his stupid lane changing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭godihatethehils

c0rk3r wrote: »
    9.57 Dundrum village, dunno who it was

male or female???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

male or female???

If this is an offer, I'll take female please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Not really a sighting per say, but a thanks to the girls in the little black car who beeped and gave out to the taxi in Stillorgan 20 minutes ago who tried to cut me off with his stupid lane changing.

I do love motorists who do this - it's happened to me once or twice during my five years of urban cycling, and there's a tremendous love in my heart for those who give a horn admonishment to those who pick on the more vulnerable road users.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

buffalo wrote: »
    I do love motorists who do this - it's happened to me once or twice during my five years of urban cycling, and there's a tremendous love in my heart for those who give a horn admonishment to those who pick on the more vulnerable road users.

Yup, I was beside them at the lights and then when the taxi cut me off I heard a load of beeping. When I got to the next lights at the junction for the N11, I heard more beeping and looked around to see the two girls having words with the taxi. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I saw ROK_ON this morning around Capel Street bridge. I was under deep cover as a car driver but couldn't remember the special boards beep!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

I saw ROK_ON this morning around Capel Street bridge. I was under deep cover as a car driver but couldn't remember the special boards beep!

Is there a special beep? If so what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Is there a special beep? If so what is it?

beep beep beep

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dexty

where can u get boards.ie jerseys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

dexty wrote: »
    where can u get boards.ie jerseys?
    Here ya go
    LastGasp wrote: »
    The gear only gets ordered every now and then when someone decides to take it on to organise ! I've just done an order, but the gear was all specifically for people who ordered it. There probably won't be another order done for a while. Have a look at the Sticky Thread "5th Boards Gear Order" for details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I just opened my long-sleeve packet yesterday. Are the sleeves meant to be loose? All the other long sleeves I have are skintight.

Edit: No foreskin jokes please.

Advertisement