Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Full kit on the Enniskerry-Kilternan Rd at around 6:30-7pm this evening.
    Just getting back on the bike after a far too long absence so if it was someone sitting in a granny gear, it probably was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

bellinter wrote: »
    saw 3 jerseys on the Skryne GFC cycle yesterday

So myself and rob w were in the new green kit... How many boardsies are there in the area...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Yup, saw a couple of board jerseys at Skryne yesterday too! Was a tough one allright made tough by trying to stick with top group!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Spotted full lime kit at Drumcondra, 17:30 today, going north. I shouted "Hiya boardsie" and you've waved back :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

@alkos That was me, you caught me by surprise. Wasn't wearing the shorts. First outing of the new jersey. Very comfy.

Did you have the new shorts on I thought I spotted them as I turned around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Yep, I was wearing the shorts :-) Didn't order the jersey, regretting now... anybody wants to sell, M or L?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Spotted a boardsie in pink boards bibs heading from rathgar to terenure at about quarter to six, wearing a red jacket too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

penguin88 wrote: »
    Spotted a boardsie in pink boards bibs heading from rathgar to terenure at about quarter to six, wearing a red jacket too.
    That'd be me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Full (?) old kit passing Seapark/Biscayne in Malahide heading towards Portmarnock at about 1130 this morning. Too busy trying to manage the dog to shout out. Buffalo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Passed a guy in full green/black kit on a black Giant at the base of howth hill this evening. He was turning around for another climb and we exchanged a few words. Of course he passed me again with only one third of the climb completed! Was happy to stay within 30 seconds of him at the summit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

Saw one of ye in the green and black kit today, just on the way into Leixlip on the Cellbridge road. Gave him a shout out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

bellinter wrote: »
    Saw one of ye in the green and black kit today, just on the way into Leixlip on the Cellbridge road. Gave him a shout out!

What time was that at I was on my way back from spin into city cntr around 10:15 /10:30 ish , passed a group around that area at that time , I was on a blue ridley

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

A gentleman sporting the new lime green kit at the Athlone 3/4 run today.
    Think it was the famous Slogger Jogger.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

sullzz wrote: »
    What time was that at I was on my way back from spin into city cntr around 10:15 /10:30 ish , passed a group around that area at that time , I was on a blue ridley

Yeah that was us alright about that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Heard a couple of shouts , good few of you guys out

veetwin wrote: »
    Passed a guy in full green/black kit on a black Giant at the base of howth hill this evening. He was turning around for another climb and we exchanged a few words. Of course he passed me again with only one third of the climb completed! Was happy to stay within 30 seconds of him at the summit.

Hi Veetwin,

'twas me.

See you next time

NMG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Git101 wrote: »
    A gentleman sporting the new lime green kit at the Athlone 3/4 run today.
    Think it was the famous Slogger Jogger.

Yes indeedy, and very happy I was with it too. Nice for carrying odds and sods like gels. A friend took a pic so I might link it in if I can. Run yourself Git101?

Saw a pink jersey boardsie on the way through Blessington this morning.
    There were also about a 100 other cyclists a various stages southbound on the N81, was something on or just a lot of people out for a spin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

There were also about a 100 other cyclists a various stages southbound on the N81, was something on or just a lot of people out for a spin?

Might have been me, didn't see any other pink jerseys by the time our group left. It was the first Orwell winter spin, so it could be classed both as an event and/or just a bunch of people out for a spin.

Also, met quozl before the spin in his lime green kit. Nice talking to you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Possibly the Rathcoffey GAA annual cycle?
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151881626761083&set=a.10150781400401083.458850.328162156082&type=1&theater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Wasn't that on Saturday?
    Doh, the joys of 12 hours shiftwork is getting to my brain. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Seen a Pink jersey with 3 other lads just outside Lacken. Needless to say didn't see him again as I struggled up the

Was a load of groups out, seen a group with a good few kids on the way back along the N81 fair play to the adults with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Seen a Pink jersey with 3 other lads just outside Lacken. Needless to say didn't see him again as I struggled up the

Was a load of groups out, seen a group with a good few kids on the way back along the N81 fair play to the adults with them.

That would have been me again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

There's new kit?

Pink was nice :(

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Might have been me, didn't see any other pink jerseys by the time our group left. It was the first Orwell winter spin, so it could be classed both as an event and/or just a bunch of people out for a spin.

Also, met quozl before the spin in his lime green kit. Nice talking to you! :)

I was going to beep the horn, but I was behind a car in the traffic lights and I didn't want him to crash them!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Yes indeedy, and very happy I was with it too. Nice for carrying odds and sods like gels. A friend took a pic so I might link it in if I can. Run yourself Git101?

Nah didn't run, just getting back after a long injury/lazyness period.

I was working at the race. I spotted you at the junction where the race crossed the main road for the second time, somewhere after 11 miles or so, you were running with a couple of guys at the time.
    You had gone past when I spotted the jersey, nice gear but not as eye catching as the pink version.

Spotted cdaly waiting at the wooden bridge at clontarf in vintage jersey. I was in new green.

Sorry I couldn't stop but running dead late for a tennis match (got hammered - so much for rushing)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Spotted cdaly waiting at the wooden bridge at clontarf in vintage jersey. I was in new green.

Sorry I couldn't stop but running dead late for a tennis match (got hammered - so much for rushing)
    Felt more like vintage cdaly as you flitted off into the distance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭RonanCFD

My first sighting of a new jersey just before 1:30 by Sutton Dart crossing. Mr Illogical perhaps?

Advertisement