Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

slap/dash wrote: »
    pink and black jersey descending from cruach on sunday around 1 maybe. i was too busy strugglin up to see what bike.

Myself. Great to finish the day on a descent.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

smacl wrote: »
    Myself. Great to finish the day on a descent.

funny, i started the day what felt like hard, and the ensuing 100k wasnt any great thing after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

jimm wrote: »
    Old jersey at 10.36am yesterday, descending westwards from Sally Gap towards Manor Kilbride. I gave the "Hi B" greeting.

Twas me headin home, sorry didnt get a reply out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭buffalo

Passed someone inbound on the coast road just before Woodenbridge this morning, new shorts. I was Joe Daly/Orwell kit.

Apologies for not stopping, I was training, and had to catch a guy up ahead, who probably didn't realised I was racing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

First ever boards jersey sighting, Tuesday crossing the dart track past sandymount. Stopped when the train was passing and complemented the jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

buffalo wrote: »
    Passed someone inbound on the coast road just before Woodenbridge this morning, new shorts. I was Joe Daly/Orwell kit.

Apologies for not stopping, I was training, and had to catch a guy up ahead, who probably didn't realised I was racing him.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056323451&page=129 post 1922

- you were flying it. Did you catch him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭buffalo

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056323451&page=129 post 1922

- you were flying it. Did you catch him?

I did, just after the baths. Then I went on to the road at Fairview Park because I need to turn right toward Drumcondra (and I don't like using footpath-cycle-lanes when going at speed), and got caught by a red. He sped past on the cycle lane.

I'm claiming moral victory.

PS hope you caught my wave!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

just-joe wrote: »
    First ever boards jersey sighting, Tuesday crossing the dart track past sandymount. Stopped when the train was passing and complemented the jersey.

Hi Joe, that would've been me, the Japanese tour jersey was pretty distinctive too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just saw some in the Gallops D18. Only saw the jersey last minute so my wave was last minute. Driving the Panda

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Tuesday morning turning right by the bottle tower to churchtown road.

New jersey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Tuesday morning turning right by the bottle tower to churchtown road.

New jersey
    It could have been me. I was in that general vicinity on Tuesday morning but don't know the roads that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

godtabh wrote: »
    Just saw some in the Gallops D18. Only saw the jersey last minute so my wave was last minute. Driving the Panda
    If it was someone lugging a massive backpack and heading towards Leopardstown Valley then probably me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Full kit on the Enniskerry-Kilternan Rd at around 6:30-7pm this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Old boards jersey spotted on the Celbridge to Lucan Road turning right to go by Lucan golf club at noon today, then crossing the bridge over the Liffey 48 seconds later, you were fast! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Met somebody coming from Aughrim towards Hacketstown in the OLD pink and black here I was in the nice new lime green gear in a group doing the falling leaves sportive met another guy on the event in the pink gear as we'll but forgot to ask him his name on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nedkelly24

Gave a cheery shout out to a guy wearing red and black jersey around lunchtime crossing at a junction on the quays ...got a puzzled look back as I was pretending to be a jogger at the time...slightly grey hair and a beard me thinks....eyes ain't great... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Met somebody coming from Aughrim towards Hacketstown in the OLD pink and black here I was in the nice new lime green gear in a group doing the falling leaves sportive met another guy on the event in the pink gear as we'll but forgot to ask him his name on here

That was me. Didn't spot you in the masses of bikes. My lime green jersey is nearly in the post so should get a run out soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Nedkelly24 wrote: »
    Gave a cheery shout out to a guy wearing red and black jersey around lunchtime crossing at a junction on the quays ...got a puzzled look back as I was pretending to be a jogger at the time...slightly grey hair and a beard me thinks....eyes ain't great... :-)

Sounds like me. Were you in a light blue t-shirt at the lights?

Sounds like me. Were you in a light blue t-shirt at the lights?

Twas indeed..sorry if I startled u... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Nedkelly24 wrote: »
    Twas indeed..sorry if I startled u... :-)

LOL, just never had a Boardsie shout from someone not on a bike.

• Advertisement

LOL, just never had a Boardsie shout from someone not on a bike.

Still in recovery from the rebel tour...next time I will shout out from the bike....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bequick

Spotted Derealbadger yesterday in his new green boards kit while taking part in the Falling Leaves sportive in Baltinglass. Very impressed with the new colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

met another guy on the event in the pink gear as we'll but forgot to ask him his name on here

That was me. Good to meet you. I like the new gear.
    That was me. Didn't spot you in the masses of bikes. My lime green jersey is nearly in the post so should get a run out soon :)

Saw you as well. I didn't have enough breath to give the "Boardsie" shout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭micar

have met the same guy twice in the last 2 weeks. My first boards jersey spotting :)
    He's was in the old pink jersey.
    He was going up Ballymum Rd and then around the onto Griffith Ave. It would be around 5.50pm on a weekday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Met RobW @ the high kings challenge this morning, both of us resplendent in liome green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

Met RobW @ the high kings challenge this morning, both of us resplendent in liome green.

Good to meet you....the username makes sense now!!

Was a good spin today, but should have done the 100k, the 50 was over before I knew it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

One of the lads on the Fratres Cruciferi 200km Audax yesterday was sporting the new green bottoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

micar wrote: »
    have met the same guy twice in the last 2 weeks. My first boards jersey spotting :)
    He's was in the old pink jersey.
    He was going up Ballymum Rd and then around the onto Griffith Ave. It would be around 5.50pm on a weekday.

*waves* On the commute. Generally have the headphones in so mightn't hear a shout...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Inquitus wrote: »
    One of the lads on the Fratres Cruciferi 200km Audax yesterday was sporting the new green bottoms.

That was me :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

saw 3 jerseys on the Skryne GFC cycle yesterday

Advertisement