Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grey's Anatomy (US Pace) *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

no Greys repeat on Friday nights think its Saturday nights now - RTE 2

Grey's Anatomy actress Chyler Leigh is expecting her third child, PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

"They are absolutely thrilled and looking forward to the new addition to their young family," her rep tells PEOPLE.

The actress, 26, and her actor/musician husband, Nathan West, are already parents to two children.

Leigh's pregnancy will not be written into the Grey's storyline, according to her rep Marcel Pariseau.

Leigh plays "Lexie," the half sister of Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) on ABC's hit medical program.

So no baby for Lexie on the show - guess she will be wearing extra big scrubs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭ben bedlam

How to make a successful American tv show:

Get alot of sexy people not doing alot of work having affairs with each other. Put them in a job where they fight for peoples lives or rights. Add a black guy for flavour.

I'm liking Owen Hunt - McScotty or McArmy or McHunty - whatever name he is given

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

JP Liz wrote: »
    I'm liking Owen Hunt - McScotty or McArmy or McHunty - whatever name he is given

Father Deegan?

• Advertisement

Tyne Daly joining as Derek's mother

A mere three months after signing on to play the role of Sadie Harris in Grey’s Anatomy, Melissa George will quit her short-term deal with the show.
    George who was signed on to play the intern role, was initially meant to be a bisexual/lesbian character, but the role morphed into something that nobody really knew what to make of. It was believed she would extend her contract, with her character becoming a regular fixture, but George wants out.
    As is good practice of course, she states that it has nothing to do with the cast of Grey’s Anatomy. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, she states “I love the show so much. I’ve made some beautiful friends”.

I'm glad can really take to her character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Tyne Daly joining as Derek's mother
    Already happened in this weeks show. (US on ABC)

What is bugging the hell of of me is
    The return of Denny
    . When is it going to end as it is ridiculous at this stage.
    He is even talking to Alex now.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Father Deegan?

Lol couldn't believe it when I was told that there was an ex-Father Ted priest in it and at first it was wreckin my head as to which one he was. Then it dawned on me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 paddyp87

Does anybody know what the name of the song featured in the current ad for Grey's Anatomy, on RTE is?
    Thanks to anyone who can help.

• Advertisement

paddyp87 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the name of the song featured in the current ad for Grey's Anatomy, on RTE is?
    Thanks to anyone who can help.

I remember seeing an ad with The Blizzards - help me i'm a doctor song

Erica and Callie are a terrible couple - Callie is much better with McSteamy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Erica and Callie are a terrible couple - Callie is much better with McSteamy

+1... soo true!

Source TV Guide
    Long-circulating rumors that Katherine Heigl and T.R. Knight both are angling to exit Grey's Anatomy have been given new life by a castmate.
    When asked if Heigl is in fact scrubbing out as Izzie, James T. Pickens (aka the Chief) told Us Weekly, "Yes, she is." Pickens then said Knight is "going too ... to pursue other career paths."
    A spokesperson for Knight offered TVGuide.com no comment on the actor's status at Grey's, while ABC isn't confirming any departures. Heigl's rep has not responded to a request for comment.
    Heigl has been rumored to be unhappy at the ABC serial, especially ever since she appeared to dis the writers last spring for not giving her Emmy-worthy material.
    Knight, meanwhile, was famously caught up in the Isaiah Washington maelstrom of 2007, when Burke's portrayer reportedly aimed an anti-gay epithet at his castmate. Washington left the show months later. Though Knight's screen time has been scant as of late, one source tells TVGuide.com that George will have a big storyline coming up later this season.
    When pressed about the exit rumors, Eric Dane, who plays "McSteamy" Mark Sloan, tells Ellen DeGeneres on her show Wednesday, "Until the boss [Shonda Rhimes] says this is going down, it's not happening."

That would explain the following:
    The return of Denny and the current storyline of the medical tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol couldn't believe it when I was told that there was an ex-Father Ted priest in it and at first it was wreckin my head as to which one he was. Then it dawned on me :D

NO WAY!!

I didn't recognise him. That's hilarious!

I've been watching season 5 and been liking it. Sloan is getting funnier every week!

Sloan is getting funnier every week!
    He is easily one of the best in it at the moment.

Shame about their other tedious plotline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Bond-007 wrote: »
    That would explain the following:
    The return of Denny and the current storyline of the medical tests.
    Yes,
    I've a feeling that Izzy has more than just anaemia....

Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes wants to set the record straight: T.R. Knight and Katherine Heigl are not leaving the show.
    “That was a very interesting rumor,” Rhimes said Thursday night at the 40th NAACP Image Awards in Los Angeles. “And it’s not true.”
    Rhimes was referring to a recent comment in the press attributed to Grey’s castmember James Pickens Jr., in which he was said to be confirming the departure of Heigl and Knight.
    “That was absolutely taken out of context,” said Rhimes. “Things happen, and … I think rumors become fact very easily. And you know I don’t like to tell you what’s going to happen on the show — but that is a rumor,” she emphasized.
    For his part, Pickens says he meant to wish the pair well in general.
    “We’ve been living with these rumors for a long time,” he said before the NAACP’s awards show. “When the question was posed to me, I was more trying to congratulate Katie and T.R. on whatever they were going to do. But yeah, I don’t have any special info about it either way.”
    ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy took home three awards, including Chandra Wilson’s win for outstanding actress in a drama series. Wilson said she was looking forward to the show’s upcoming 100th episode — and insisted things were all good on the set.
    “We’re laughing at the rumors, as we always do,” Wilson said before the ceremony. “Stories come out, and [there are] these big quotes, and we go, ‘But that’s not exactly what I said.’ So, we’re busy doing our jobs, doing our work.”

I still think one or both will leave at end of this season

Have RTE started showing Private Practice again? If not there will be some serious problems when they reach EP 15 of Greys Anatomy.

How are they going to explain away
    Archer Montgomery
    suddenly appearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

But the following Private Practice is a continuation of that Greys Anatomy. That's where the problem will be. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

mental07 wrote: »
    NO WAY!!

I didn't recognise him. That's hilarious!

I've been watching season 5 and been liking it. Sloan is getting funnier every week!

Can't believe he was in Father ted!!!! I'm in shock....

Ya I love Sloan.. he's slowly becoming my fave over Mc Dreamy!

http://www.giversign.com/gs/s/ec/795cc52279a70409

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

are rte in now showing private practice season 2? I;ve seen them both and am up to date with the US,
    it will affect it as there is a couple of episodes in private practice that will come to play in Greys. It not the end if you dont see PP but it makes more sense kinda way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cookie81

Right I religiously watched Greys season 1-3. Missed most of this season so far and tuned in again tonight (cos there was nothing else on anyway) and now I remember why I tuned out....my god that programme has gone downhill! All I kept saying while watching it was AS IF!
    The storylines are soooo stupid - Izzy having sex with a ghost, as if shes not annoying enough already without this storyline, the newbies doing DIY surgery! The whole programme is ****. Think its fair to say - I no longer watch Greys Anatomy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Right,

Me and the OH was watching Greys last night and we are big fans and both of us was saying "I cant watch this"..... Come on... Izzy having sex with a ghost - how f*cking stupid is that? The interns TAKING OUT AN APPENDIX?!! Ah jees.....come on, bring back the old greys!

P.S - have to say though Sloan is getting better and better!! He's not in it enough. Him & Shepard are hilerous.

It gets worse, much worse.

The best part of this series so far is Mark Sloan - he needs more storylines and screen time or even his own spin off he is way better than Derek

I think since both Katherine's co-stars Justin and James have confirmed Izzie has cancer and is leaving she will be gone at the end of this season and i'm glad i'm so sick of the character of Izzie and as much as i love Jeffrey Dean Morgan bringing Denny back as a ghost was the worst storyline ever.

If Jeffrey Dean Morgan wants to return from the dead on any show let it be Supernatural

Shonda Rhimes seems to lie about everything to keep the viewers

They should have had a Greys Anatomy-Ghost Whisperer cross over. Make Denny go away for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 WENTY07

This show is absolutely dire these days,no wonder American tv critics have been laughing non stop since this Izzie Denny "story" started up there again last November and that is not the only weak story in the show,there are plenty of others i and others could list.
    "er" in its 15th season is 10 times better(& more watchable) than "Greys" is at mo & at least it hasnt got the moaning Meredith as lead character either,it has the amazing Angela Bassett instead thankfully.

I know plenty of loyal Irish fans who've stopped watching this now joke of a drama series during this 5th run.Give Me "Damages","er","Criminal minds" or even the entertaining "Gossip Girl" over Seattle Grace and Co in 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

The best part of this series so far is Mark Sloan - he needs more storylines and screen time or even his own spin off he is way better than Derek

Definitely agree with you there!! Mark Sloan doesnt get enough screen time at all!!
    Bond-007 wrote: »
    They should have had a Greys Anatomy-Ghost Whisperer cross over. Make Denny go away for good.

+1

Advertisement