Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grey's Anatomy (US Pace) *Spoilers*

• 02-07-2008 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Anybody following Season 4 guys?

Am I wrong in saying that so far it's lacking in the WOW factor of previous years? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

It's definately not the same as the previous three seasons but i heard that it gets better as the season goes on and that it's the best season yet. Here's hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭greenapplesea

It's definately not the same as the previous three seasons but i heard that it gets better as the season goes on and that it's the best season yet. Here's hoping!

Really?? Well that's good to hear- was beginning to think I should give up on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Think we're a good bit ahead over here (half way through the season) and according to my gf it's been crap. She's watched it religiously from day one but has been disgusted with how bland it is.

Bad move getting rid of Kate Walsh from what I've seen and too many boring storylines involving minor characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

have to say that the best part of lastnights' episode was toward the end with Izzy and George :D so funny

but the majority of the rest was fairly bland...not sure the young Grey is doing anything for the show but the new surgeon should make a few waves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭greenapplesea

I just think the McDreamy/Meredith situation has really played itself out. I'm not feeling the "fragile, lost, commitment-phobe" persona of Meredith- it's starting to grate on my nerves. Get over it woman!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Seems like it's gone to pot.. Maybe if they killed off Merideth it would be watchable again but her moaniness has gone into overdrive this series and if McDreamy had any sense he'd dump her pathetic ass and move on - she's such a moan!

And the whole George and Izzy thing is so unbelievable it's crazy.. As if a guy like that would have any chance with either of those women, let alone marry one and leave her for the other.. He is irritating and so unconvincing as a romantic interest..

It just feels like they've run out of storylines and are re-hashing the storylines of the last few seasons again and again and again.. If it doesn't pick up soon, I'll be tuning out permanently..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 murphy01

hot fuss wrote: »
    Seems like it's gone to pot.. Maybe if they killed off Merideth it would be watchable again but her moaniness has gone into overdrive this series and if McDreamy had any sense he'd dump her pathetic ass and move on - she's such a moan!

And the whole George and Izzy thing is so unbelievable it's crazy.. As if a guy like that would have any chance with either of those women, let alone marry one and leave her for the other.. He is irritating and so unconvincing as a romantic interest..

It just feels like they've run out of storylines and are re-hashing the storylines of the last few seasons again and again and again.. If it doesn't pick up soon, I'll be tuning out permanently..

Very much agree with you. Meredith has annoyed me from day one , very badly cast. Her moany voice is so irritating! Katherine Heigl has become the main woman eventhough she wasn't meant to. I think the storylines this series are just ridiculous...how would anyone turn down McDreamy professing his undying love and how would someone like Izzy go with someone like George...
    Kate Walsh's spinoff show didn't grab me, I did only watch the first episode though..

I believe Grey's Anatomy made a great comback tonight ... what an episode ... about time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I believe Grey's Anatomy made a great comback tonight ... what an episode ... about time :)

It does get better - maybe not as good as last year not so much WOW as more subdued good moments but overall I think you'll be happy with the season.

murphy01 wrote: »
    I think the storylines this series are just ridiculous...how would anyone turn down McDreamy professing his undying love and how would someone like Izzy go with someone like George...
    Kate Walsh's spinoff show didn't grab me, I did only watch the first episode though..

I may read/look too much into Grey's but I think this season was much less "glossy", but we learn more about the characters and maybe why they are the way they are. I think McDreamy gets why Meredith is how she is, he did the whole - I'm not leaving you but you keep leaving me - bit.

The screen times seems more spread out this year - I think Bailey is one of the best characters - next week is a great one with her - I laughed/cried with her scene at the end with McDreamy.

I agree with the whole Izzy and George thing - I think they miscalculated that one - don't think any fan like that pairing.

As for Private Practice - it's not too bad - Kate Walsh seems too 'forced' in everything she does - I stuck with it because of the other people in it - Kellerman from Prison Break, Amy from Judging Amy ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

This is what I think of Greys Anatomy.

Rb wrote: »
    This is what I think of Greys Anatomy.

What a mature response - I feel so much more enlightened by your contribution.:rolleyes:

datk wrote: »
    What a mature response - I feel so much more enlightened by your contribution.:rolleyes:
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭crazygirl101

trust me, i've seen the series on a recent holiday to america and it does really get so much better!! from episode 10/11 it starts to improve majorly! ... and theres a few kate walsh scenes in there 2!

trust me, i've seen the series on a recent holiday to america and it does really get so much better!! from episode 10/11 it starts to improve majorly! ... and theres a few kate walsh scenes in there 2!
    How does the worst show on tv "get better"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The best thing they ever did was killing off her annoying mother. I used to dispair as soon as she appeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I couldn't resist reading some of the spoilers and if they're anything to go by this season will get much, much better. I miss the Burke/ Christina dynamic, she seems to be floundering as a character and has no real "story". Kate Walsh is definitely leaving a gaping hole, and I'm not sure what a wise move it was going to her other show, I'm very 'meh' about it. If she does make some guest appearances in this season of GA I think it'll help spice things up nicely. As for the Izzy/ George thing I kind of can believe a girl like her would go for a guy like him - she's insecure, doesn't always make the best choices, crying out for love; George is underachieving and has to repeat his year as an intern, getting a girl like Izzy makes him feel successful.

Yes, I realise that I have just pop-psychoanalysed the characters of Grey's Anatomy :o

I would like to see Meredith's father back for an episode (cannot remember what actuallt happened to him or why he is out of it) ... would make a good episode with the grey sisters i think...

does anyone know : does anything actually happen with McDreamy and the Merediths' sister? ... that could be an interesting storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

They should have killed off Meredith when they did the whole drowning thing last year, she's way too annoying.

• Advertisement

kerry4sam wrote: »
    does anyone know : does anything actually happen with McDreamy and the Merediths' sister? ... that could be an interesting storyline
    No -- .

datk wrote: »
    No

:D guessed as much with the size of your spolier line :D cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I've seen the entire season in canada, its nowhere near as good as the last seasons, too many people having sex with other main characters, they need more characters or something, its all a bit hard to believe.

and my god, how long can Meredith/McDreamy crap go on for?

Another 2 seasons.

Spadina wrote: »
    I've seen the entire season in canada, its nowhere near as good as the last seasons, too many people having sex with other main characters, they need more characters or something, its all a bit hard to believe.

and my god, how long can Meredith/McDreamy crap go on for?
    Bond-007 wrote: »
    Another 2 seasons.

:eek: ah no , say it ain't so

It carries on all throughout the 4th season and judging by the season finale there is no end in sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

It carries on all throughout the 4th season and judging by the season finale there is no end in sight.

That would make one strongly reconsider their dedication to Grey's I think!

There is a resolution at the end of this season - although I heard Rose might be sticking around for a few episodes of the new season but I think they're settled - well as long as couples are settled in soaps/dramas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

I have to say i hate the whole will they won't they aspect of the mc dreamy/meredith relationship it has been done to death.
    Next season it needs to be spiced up and towards the end of season 4; they were grabbing at straws to try and get ratings up.
    I did prefer season 4 in the second half anyway i thought it was a tiny bit better than the first half. I don't know why but I'm going to remain loyal to the show in the hope it gets better.

• Advertisement

Tbh,I don't think it is really a conclusion to that storyline, just wait and see.

Advertisement