Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grey's Anatomy (US Pace) *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I never liked the Erica Hahn character, and she and Callie were just awkward together. You just have to look at the recent scenes Callie had with Mark Sloane to see the difference - that is a pairing that works. Mary McDonnell is replacing her, in the short term at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Melissa George from Alias and Home and Away also joining
    She was suppose to a bisexual intern not thats changed and she's a love interest for McSteamy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

murphy01 wrote: »
    Very much agree with you. Meredith has annoyed me from day one , very badly cast. Her moany voice is so irritating! Katherine Heigl has become the main woman eventhough she wasn't meant to. I think the storylines this series are just ridiculous...how would anyone turn down McDreamy professing his undying love and how would someone like Izzy go with someone like George...
    Kate Walsh's spinoff show didn't grab me, I did only watch the first episode though..
    And what the f**k was up with the scenes with Meredith and the shrink! Absolutely non-believable ****e.

It's not entirely the girl who plays Meridith's fault. It's her character. Her voice is quite annoying too.

Awful season. I nearly got sick when I saw the final episode with the candles and ugh. Terrible.

Hopefully they get back to basics next season. Izzy and Alex still the most interesting, likable characters.

*The only reason I watch it is because it helps with stress relief during times of exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Is Kevin McKidd going to be made a series regular?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MsMolly

I agree about the candle scene, it was ridiculously cheesey and unrealistic, more in keeping with something off seventh heaven or ****e like that. Also agree that meredith is the worst characther in the show. She's the title character in a way yet she's so dull. why would mcsteamy be in love with her, she's whiney and uninteresting and she always looks like she just woke up. i put her on a par with kate from lost. characters who are given too much airtime and credence without being remotely interesting or well rounded in characterisation. annoyed with the recent spoiler, i loved that storyline and thought she was a strong character. liked her conflict with sandra oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Why is Denny back? He was my fave character ever in a series and I thought they messed up big time when they killed him off, but they are ruuuuuuuining him! He's dead, leave him be. Sex with a ghost :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

That was very creepy. They are going to need the ghost whisperer to come in to get rid of Denny. It would be a great crossover. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Even death wouldn't be enough to keep me away from Katherine Heigl :D.

I read, somewhere, that she was looking for her role to be given more dramatic range. Now that she has it, I'm not convinced that she's up to it ?

• Advertisement

The current storyline is crazy.

I think she is up to the challange, she's a good actress. But I'm literally just waiting for the whole
    he's actually not dead / he has a twin brother storyline. If that happens I will be really annoyed.

Also can't believe Alex is 37 irl? I would have given him late twenties/early thirties at most.

I was thinking that myself! I hope that this is not an exit storyline for her, considering her movier career is taking off.

JaneyMc wrote: »
    I was thinking that myself! I hope that this is not an exit storyline for her, considering her movier career is taking off.

Could be doesnt Heigl want off the show??????

I like Izzie with Alex - there are by far my fav couple on the show ever

MerDer too boring

JP Liz wrote: »
    Could be doesnt Heigl want off the show??????

I like Izzie with Alex - there are by far my fav couple on the show ever

MerDer too boring

Hopefully not .

I think they let go of the whole George/Izzy thing way to fast, I mean they had no sexual chemistry so they break up after they were in love and he dumped his wife for her? They should have played it out a bit more with them trying to make ot work.
    Alex and Izzy as a couple are great, I like the tension, but I just think its way to soon after George to be giving her a romantic interest.

The Christina/new army guy story is interesting.

I also like Mer/Der, and I don't understnad why people don't. But then again, I like Meredith so that might be why because so many people seem to dislike her.

Source EW
    Maybe Katherine Heigl’s recent, pre-Emmy complaint about not getting nomination-worthy material on Grey’s Anatomy wasn’t entirely off base: In a preposterous new low, her once-popular character, Izzie Stevens (pictured), is sleeping with her dead lover, Denny — as in, actual carnal relations with a spirit — and now, we've learned, ABC is audience-testing a love story between the two. Last we checked, creator Shonda Rhimes wasn’t trying to create a Ghost Whisperer: Seattle, but then there isn’t a lot about Grey’s that makes sense these days. Actress Brooke Smith, whose Dr. Erica Hahn represented the only lesbian character on the Big Four networks, was abruptly canned. Mary McDonnell’s depiction of a cardiac surgeon with Asperger’s has been both ridiculous and unrealistic. And interns operating on interns is almost as laughable as Cristina (Sandra Oh) saving a pitiable pig. Add in Rhimes’ decision to have Izzie cavort with the dead, and Grey’s has fast become this season’s most maligned show by fans (if you don’t count Heroes, that is).
    "Denny and Izzie together again is just dizzy. Stupid, stupid, stupid," posts an EW.com reader named Susan. "As for all of those comments from people saying, ‘It’s just TV, it doesn’t have to be real,’ well, yeah, but on the other hand, it has to be somewhat RELATABLE!" Adds EW.com reader Lizzie, "Please, TV Gods, let it be that Izzie is suffering from an incurable brain tumor.…Let her die and be reunited with hot Denny in the afterworld, never to be seen on Grey’s Anatomy again!" That’s what we hoped for too, until Rhimes told EW last week that Izzie doesn’t have a brain tumor.
    Sadly, that’s all the explanation we’re getting for now (Rhimes, Heigl, and ABC all declined to comment for this article). However, with viewership down 17 percent from last year, an insider says ABC is conducting audience testing on the Izzie-Denny love story. Results aren’t in yet, so we’re forced to sift through future plotlines for any signs of relief. The good news is that Rhimes hasn’t given up on girl-on-girl love, as bisexual Callie is about to start canoodling with new intern Sadie (Melissa George). McSteamy (Eric Dane) may end up doing the dirty with little Grey, Lexie, played by Chyler Leigh (anything’s better than watching her pine over the oblivious George), and fan favorite Addison Montgomery (Kate Walsh) will show up for a special crossover episode with Private Practice in February. The bad news is that Jeffrey Dean Morgan is slated to appear at least through February. There’s never an exorcist around when you need one.

WTF is happening to the show :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Meh! I know, its driving me a little crazy too. I dont know why they let Hahn go. Its such a great comfort programme because of the rich colours and cool music, but Im dying to know how it all ends up.

Anyone, any ideas?

Whats all this talk aboot someone getting a brain tumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Whats all this talk aboot someone getting a brain tumour?

It was suggested as one explanation for
    the return of Denny.

• Advertisement

I didnt get that. Did a mod blank that out? Meh, I'll just google it.

New Series back next Monday the 5th of Jan on RTE 2

Yay! I go to college Tues. Wed & Thurs... so happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

I've seen the begining of the latest series and I have to say so far it's really really good.
    I'm also loving Private Practice. Kate Walsh is brilliant.
    Mc Steamy makes much more of an impact in the new series also :D:D gotta love Mc Steamy mmmmmmm....

Chyler Leigh aka Lexie Grey is pregnant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Anyone know when season 4 is out on dvd iv missed so much of it i dont know whats going on, and my friends across the pond told me about that izzy sleeping with denny thing ages ago. they have already finished season 5!

Have to agree the first three seasons were great but from what i have seen of season 4 it really could be better.Alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

you can order season 4 on amazon.. season 5 is starting tonight on rte2 woo. season 5 isn't finished yet in america there's still a few more episodes they are just on their winter break..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

missed the first episode this week, does anyone know if its repeated anywhere?? on anywhere i can catch up with it.

cheers.

Usually on Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Shelflife wrote: »
    missed the first episode this week, does anyone know if its repeated anywhere?? on anywhere i can catch up with it.

cheers.

I think they're repeated late on Friday nights at around midnight. You could also try not mentioning illegal sites.

Advertisement